Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/21/2017   12:43:46 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?
 Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 Man Caves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous TopicPrevious Page  Man Caves Next Topic  
BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  3:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Kinda weird feeling looking at that image now after what happened only 2 blocks away. Wake up, look at the news, see the worse shooting in US history and heart that Tom Petty passes. Back to bed, I think.

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  10:00:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Those photos remind me of my mom's time share in Las Vegas.
Edited by - WheelSmoke on Sep 30 2017 7:05:35 PM

Holy ****!
I hope your forks are not Country Western fans and OK!

Who knows, maybe he stayed at the Hotel to Gamble and the Country Concert didn't just annoy him 'a little'.

Check out my Motorized Bicycle page KC's Kruisers. Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  4:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Las Vegas, Man, horrific.

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 05 2017 :  6:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
A shame there's no way to really prevent it. If someone wants to hurt a lot of people, he or she will find a way. It really is a messed-up world.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 06 2017 :  2:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thought this link was interesting...
Wikipedia: Crime in the United States

--------------------------------------------------------------
Crime over time
In the long term, violent crime in the United States has been in decline since colonial times. The homicide rate has been estimated to be over 30 per 100,000 people in 1700, dropping to under 20 by 1800, and to under 10 by 1900.[6]

After World War II, crime rates increased in the United States, peaking from the 1970s to the early 1990s. Violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. Property crime more than doubled over the same period. Since the 1990s, however, crime in the United States has declined steeply.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thought this part was interesting as well...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Gun violence
The United States has the highest rate of civilian gun ownership per capita. According to the CDC, between 1999 and 2014 there have been 185,718 homicides from use of a firearm and 291,571 suicides using a firearm. Despite a significant increase in the sales of firearms since 1994, the US has seen a drop in the annual rate of homicides using a firearm from 7.0 per 100,000 population in 1993 to 3.6 per 100,000. In the ten years between 2000 and 2009, the ATF reported 37,372,713 clearances for purchase, however, in the four years between 2010 and 2013, the ATF reported 31,421,528 clearances.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  09:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I read somewhere that, on average 48 people are killed in the USA by a gun every damn day.

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  10:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
When the Constitution was drafted, they were talking about the right to have a musket.

These days I have the right to a Man Cave and it's coming along, I have my 'office' almost done.

I am sporting a beard and a 'man bun' these days.
I know I look pretty weak and frail, damn cancer.

Anyway my man cave continues.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  2:30:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
read somewhere that, on average 48 people are killed in the USA by a gun every damn day.

I'm guessing 48 was the 1990's and now would be more like 32. But who knows.

Then again 7,200 people die in the USA every damm day. (every 12 seconds)
https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/popest.html

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  7:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Interesting site.

One birth every 8 seconds
One death every 12 seconds
One international migrant (net) every 33 seconds
Net gain of one person every 14 seconds

Ever wonder why jobs are getting harder to come by? Not anymore.

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  12:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's amazing to see the difference between say you guys and your ally Japan.

You'll get stabbed by the Yakuzaa or something if you work hard at it
but absolutly nobody get killed by guns.

Still, tons of americans claim that tighter regulation causes more gun violence..

Sorry for the politics but it's too insane to have locked up in my head.

[RCG]Balthazarô This game keeps getting better every day Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  7:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
Still, tons of americans claim that tighter regulation causes more gun violence.

I cant see anyone thinking that. But those guns are already illegal anyway.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 09 2017 :  10:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
SOME people (not all or even most) just want a gun to be able to defend themselves and their families if necessary. Usually all the terror, action and/or tragedy of a crime is done by the time the police arrive, and all they can do is investigate and write reports.

But there are too many idiots out there with guns who should not even be near one. It's a real catch-22.

quote:
You'll get stabbed by the Yakuzaa or something if you work hard at it
but absolutely nobody get killed by guns.

No, they'll just work you to death... It's so common over there that they even have a name for it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
This Wikipedia list of firearm-related deaths for countries is interesting because it can be sorted by things like suicides and homicides. Check it out...
List of countries by firearm-related death rate

The way I read it most gun related deaths in the USA are actually a suicide and not a homicide. (I could believe 2/3)

FWIW: The links list has 74 countries and ranks the US at:
#†1 for Guns per person
#†2 for suicides
#18 for homicides
#45 for deaths per gun

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I'm sure all the wars going on in the middle east have skewed that "deaths per gun" count. A lot of civilians are being murdered over there by Isis.

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Once you eliminate the four major gun control cities from homicide by gun per capita stat, it really tanks too.

"Hello people, would you like me to murder you? I'm an offroad enthusiast." Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  9:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I think cars kill people something like 3:1 over guns in the US as well.

Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I got my new HD digital camera in, I will get some pics of my new enclosed 2-car garage Man Cave ;-}

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Oct 15 2017 :  2:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I hear ya there.

My garage is far more important to me than the whole house I bought along with it. LoL...

Go to Top of Page

Previous TopicPrevious Page  Man Caves Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page