Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/12/2017   4:31:27 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 KC's Evo 2 Place Announcements
 A Hoax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic A Hoax Next Topic  
[RCG]RacerX
The one and only

Canada
447 Posts
Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  07:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]RacerX's Homepage  Send [RCG]RacerX a Yahoo! Message  Send [RCG]RacerX an instant message  Reply with Quote
if you get a message like this:

FFICIAL WINNING NOTIFICATION: 20th July 2007
Your e-mail won you the prize in the 2nd category, You are therefore been approved to claim a total sum of 850,000:00 (Eight Hundred And Fifty Thousand, Pounds Sterlings) in cash credited to file. This is from a total cash prize of Two million,Eight hundred and Fourty thousand Pounds Sterlings,shared amongst the four (4) lucky winners in the category. All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations,and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place annually. To file for your claims and further explanation, Please contact your FUDICIARY AGENT with the above Batch and Ref number to enable him validate your winning. contact him via e-mail below:

its a hoax because i am always getting these messages

i am the best plain and simple

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  09:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Hahha, a hoax all right, a really lame one at that.
Like anyone is just going to give away millions of dollars to some radmomley chosen e-mail address, jezzz, they spam that message to the whole list.

All you "won" was more spam and the chance to be a real idiot if you fell for it ;-}

It's all how you look at things Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Don't you love these sweepstakes that we keep winning even though we never entered them?

Odds are, you would have been aske to send in something like a "processing fee" of several hundred dollars to claim your prize. That's how most of thoase sweepstakes drawing scams work.

Click here for BigDOGGe's custom trucks Go to Top of Page

[RCG]RacerX
The one and only

Canada
447 Posts
Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  7:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]RacerX's Homepage  Send [RCG]RacerX a Yahoo! Message  Send [RCG]RacerX an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
i wish it were real i would be the richest kid in my town

i am the best plain and simple
Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Don't you love these sweepstakes that we keep winning even though we never entered them?
hehehe, ya, and how they know what name to put on the check with the "Congratuations Winner" personalized greeting!

Well, the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted" may need to be updated for the digital age to
"A fool and his money are instantly parted on the Internet".

"You want to send me the big pile of money I won..."

"but you need a small pile of my money to send it?"

A) "Here you go!"
B) "Take the fees out of my big winnings pile before you send it."

Apparantly enough people pick A) to make it worthwhile for the scammers to try.

It's all how you look at things Go to Top of Page

crash_245

USA
250 Posts
Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  08:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit crash_245's Homepage  Send crash_245 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's a very bad scam, especially since the word "fiduciary" is spelled as "fuduciary".

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - i am 2KR*P*Grinder! Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  10:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Darn, there goes my brand new free laptop.

That stuffs so lame it cracks me up. Even funnier that it must work on some fools to even be there...

ya ya popup window.

Edited by - WheelSmoke on Jul 28 2007 11:04:55 PM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic A Hoax Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page