Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/21/2017   6:09:10 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Truck Making Q&A
 My motivation for XJ Abuzer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic My motivation for XJ Abuzer Next Topic  
abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so as you may remember when you first started your camel trophy defender i attempted to make an lr3 version. however that proved difficult at the time since i had no programs to make textures so i used the original texture from the camel trophy here on vales and that just didnt work. so heres my second try and it looks alot better and hopefully it will help motivate you to finish your defender. this one was just a quick throw together that took about 30 minutes, but it was easy since i already had a lr3 base model all decked out. anyway here it is

Two wrongs dont make a right, but two Wrights make a plane

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
heres another picture with a bit more work. swapped logos on the side, added spare wheels to the roofrack, and did a bit of tuning.

come on XJ you know you wanna finish yours...

Two wrongs dont make a right, but two Wrights make a plane

Edited by - abbyss on Jan 24 2012 11:53:52 PM Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Looks nice...however the yellow looks a bit bold. Needs to have more of an orangish tone to be closer to Camel Trophy color.

Thanks, but other stuff is taking my time right now. The 110 is at the state that I hate worst about truck making (minus the dirt files).....getting all the files, parts, etc named properly and getting it in game and a TRK needs to be made. I dont even have the game or Zmod installed at this point.

Oh, and lights, it needs lights...something I do not have the patience to do. I hate trying to guess all those numbers in the trk file

-Abuzed Rigs Born to wheel, forced to work. Go to Top of Page

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Lights are actually fairly easy to do. Find something with the same amount of lights and in roughlly the same positions and copy that part of the trk. Then just make the lights and place them in the correcct places in zmod. As for the file names those are tedious I feel your pain. And I suppose I can make my yellow more orangy. I made a new g4 one too but with the white paint scheme. Im thinking about uploading both as a set

Two wrongs dont make a right, but two Wrights make a plane Go to Top of Page

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Atleast thats how I did the lights on the trailblaer and the s 10. Let me know if you want help with anything

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
ok made some changes XJ i think i got the color a bit closer

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yes indeed....looks good man.

-Abuzed Rigs Born to wheel, forced to work. Go to Top of Page

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  8:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
thanks man. now i just have to make a low detail model and its ready. low detail models are my least favorite part all the renaming of everything is annoying. i have 3 trucks waiting for low detail models haha.

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

thanks man. now i just have to make a low detail model and its ready. low detail models are my least favorite part all the renaming of everything is annoying. i have 3 trucks waiting for low detail models haha.

That's funny, because I feel the same way, yet re-naming the low-red parts with an additional "L" is probably the easiest part of truck making (heh-heh).

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits -- Albert Einstein Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  8:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I don't have to worry about adding the "L" on each name because my smf_export.py script does it automatically if you use a 256 x 256 texture instead of a 512 x 512. It also adds the "0" on the end of each name of proper parts.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  4:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I can't help but feel a little tingle of joy when to this day this community still embraces my basic principles of 'share and give credit where credit is due' philosophy for add-ons and high quality new stuff is still being made.

My personal home page KCvale.com. Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic My motivation for XJ Abuzer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page