Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
-= VEHICLES =-
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
10/24/2017  12:44:34 AM - MTM2 Store - Random Tracks - Random Vehicles - Add-On Installer
Who's Racing here:
CHAT
Nobody in Chat
REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 Show Your Projects: Chapter 9
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 21
Author Previous Topic Show Your Projects: Chapter 9  Next PageNext Topic  
BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  10:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nine threads (chapters)! Wow. I just want to say congratulations to all the models/painters/assemblers and all the track & truck-makers who have helped make this the greatest videogame ever.

Here's to you...

The early bird gets the worm...but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
yey us, lol

Go to Top of Page

Trans_Am
IRT Captain

USA
3101 Posts
Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Trans_Am's Homepage  Send Trans_Am an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Isn't it 10 threads? Wasn't there like a "Chapter 2A" or something in there?

http://myspace.com/awebwillruletheworld Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  4:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
tracks up if you wanna dl it

Go to Top of Page

RMSTitanic

USA
771 Posts
Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  11:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit RMSTitanic's Homepage  Send RMSTitanic an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
BLACK STALLION

Some slight fixes need to be done and the roof finished(anyone got a good shot of the roof?) and then chassis gets started

Titanic Motorsports
http://www.freewebs.com/tmsocr/ Go to Top of Page

BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  8:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Love the paint guy...

The early bird gets the worm...but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese... Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote

GO GET IT!

Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  8:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
here's the finished model of a coliseum i've been working on. i gotta map the textures now.

Go to Top of Page

BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
White, you know better than that.

How long have you been here, and in all that time have we ever let anyone break the image size rule, especially for some non-emergency reason such as "I can't see enough detail"?

The track is great, but the huge pics are unacceptable. Please resize them, or do what I do when I want to share larger images and re-post them as clickable links.

You could even do both. Upload two different sized pics, display the 600 pixel wide image in your message, then include a clickable link to the larger image for people who want to see more.

The early bird gets the worm...but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese... Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  12:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
whatever, this sites dead anyway...

Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  5:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
well, just in case anybody still watches this thread...

Go to Top of Page

DiggerFan
Proliferate Poster

Canada
899 Posts
Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send DiggerFan an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
That track is looking awesome, White! ...interesting Chicago-style setup, it looks somewhat similar to a variation that USA Motorsports used to run.

"Anything but first is dead last..." Go to Top of Page

BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  10:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Impressive work bro. I just love those realistic dirt textures with the embedded tire tracks.

--------

After doing a few replicas for EVO2 I'm ready for another custom monster truck once again.

I 'm trying another twin-engine monster, but a side-by-side this time with an older Chevy body (the last one was my tandem-engine Ford, Sidewinder).

Cage with main frame rails fitted beneath cab:

Early test-fit of engines (I had to kink the main frame rails a bit to fit them)

I've manufactured the shocks and mounting hardware and pre-fitted everything to the frame (temporarily). Afterwards, the exhaust system for both engines were routed around the shocks and through the frame. Both exhaust pipes and gas shocks have been texture-mapped with metallic-like "paint".

I tried 4-into-1 tuned headers at first, but there wasn't enough room for 16 pipes around the suspension, so I went with a basic exhaust manifold design with classic megaphone tips.

Fitting the exhaust around the shocks was tight, but everything clears with room to spare

Commander Kupalo

Canada
408 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  06:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Impressive...most impressive. I could never figure out to to get the monster trucks in EVO2 because they cost too much money or points, not sure which.

Go to Top of Page

Commander Kupalo

Canada
408 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  07:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Alrighty, here's what I've been working on.

My brother also built one with the Leonardo bandana (blue), since it was already custom he also painted the shocks, beadlocks and wheel hubs blue. I might post a pic later.

Go to Top of Page

White2098
Proliferate Poster

USA
2278 Posts
Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit White2098's Homepage  Send White2098 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
awesome modeling there bigdogge, very high detail!

and that truck looks great kupalo!

here's what i have done to the track. the racing version is done unless i decide to add another thing or two.

i redid the middle obstacle a little bit. i like the way this looks a lot more than the buses.

i thought this was a cool idea. i added video cameras to the track...

Go to Top of Page

Hot Shoe
Drag Track Consultant

USA
1615 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  1:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hot Shoe's Homepage  Send Hot Shoe an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
White, I'm speechless over that track man! Wicked! I love the detail, the art work, and creativity. You are the man when it comes to tracks. Awesome work, bro! Go to Top of Page
BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  6:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
the cameras are a clever idea. Make sure you can run them over and send 'em flying too .

Hmmm.....a camera on a crushable tripod (hint hint)...

BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  6:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Well, I just couldn't find happiness with the basic and simplified exhaust manifolds, so I took another shot at trying to make a proper 4-into-1 exhaust header that would fit in the truck.

It took me all of Saturday and several test models to make one, but I was finally successful.

I discovered that if I routed the exhaust runners forward before turning back to the collector, I'd have enough room to clear the suspension. Past the collector, the tailpape is routed through the frame structure and behind the shocks to the chrome megaphone tips, with room to spare...

DiggerFan
Proliferate Poster

Canada
899 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  8:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send DiggerFan an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
That's a cool looking set of headers there... That entire truck is also looking awesome so far! It's interesting to see another dual-engine truck being made.

"Anything but first is dead last..." Go to Top of Page

MAD_MUD_NUT

USA
194 Posts
Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit MAD_MUD_NUT's Homepage  Send MAD_MUD_NUT an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Here is something I'm working on
My MTM2 version

The real version

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Show Your Projects: Chapter 9  Next PageNext Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
KC's MTM 2 Place and vales.com are privately owned and operated by KC Vale.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
Address all site comments and questions to KC Vale

KC's MTM2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page