Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:51:31 PM on 10/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Hardware Reviews
 EVGA Killer Xeno Pro NIC Card
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  08:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EVGA Killer Xeno Gaming Network Card
- ProPART NUMBER: 128-P2-KN01-TR

Performance
Bigfoot Killer Network Processing Unit (NPU)
400 MHz NPU
10/100/1000 (Gigabit)

Memory
128MB DDR2
266 MHz (effective)

Interface
PCI-E 1x (PCI-E 2.0 Compliant)

Ports
RJ-45 Ethernet
USB 2.0
3.5mm audio input and output

Notes:
Bigfoot Networks™ technology is optimized for online gaming and real-time communications applications.
The EVGA Killer Xeno Pro uses a 400MHz Network Processing Unit (NPU) to offload all networking operations.
The NPU acts as a co-processor dedicated to running the networking portion of games and other applications.

This NPU, along with Bigfoot Networks™ patented software algorithms, accelerates, prioritizes and shapes the packet stream that goes to and from the computer, thereby allowing EVGA Killer Xeno Pro to bypass the Windows Stack and allow the NPU to handle all the network functions.

This results in the CPU being able to run at full speed, while checking for and receiving network data as fast as possible.

MSRP: $129.99 USD

--------

I haven't tried this, I was just trying to figure what kind of a difference an expensive card like this could possibly make over an on-motherboard NIC or cheap PCI NIC card speed wise.

OK, I can see it helping a slower machine on a GigaByte LAN in a heavy and complex multi-player gaming situation, but I can't see it doing squat for someone connecting to the Internet via a Cable/DSL modem.

Your bandwidth speed dictates how fast you can go, and any newer multi-core processor can certainly handle the minuscule amount of processing a network connection needs don't ya think?

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬

AJ2VM
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  6:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Send AJ2VM an AOL message  Send AJ2VM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hah, a network card with built in memory. NExt thing you know USB ports will have them too. :P I would imagine this would be a bit better than your run-of-the-mill card, but for $129.99 its not really worth it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000