Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 5:17:00 AM on 12/12/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Software
 Safari 4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boom50cal
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
248 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  10:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see boom50cal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Safari 4 was released like a week ago and it's pretty awesome. It's almost like IE8 imo, but it doesn't have colored tabs. Although it does have a cool little screen with your favorite sites and your favorites/bookmarks are displayed near the address bar. It is uberly fast for me. I've gotten to where I never use Internet Explorer any more unless MSN Messenger opens it up. This is the url for those that want to get hooked on it http://www.apple.com/safari/

I'm really loving it. Just wondering, does anyone else here use it?

If it's broke FIX it. If it's not broke, OVERCLOCK it. If OVERCLOCKING breaks it, get ready to buy a new one

Edited by - boom50cal on 06/16/2009 10:52:52 PM

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  07:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
firefox ftw
:P

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

Stalkerrob
MY PC

Canada
555 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  08:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me use firefox 3 :P

Go to Top of Page

OSDCrusher
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  12:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Send OSDCrusher an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stalkerrob

me use firefox 3 :P

Same here.

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=681394][/url]
Go to Top of Page

CircuPC
Good Poster

53 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  12:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use 3.5. Not all the add-ons have transitioned yet, but it's only a matter of time. And I still have Adblock so I'm happy.

I am a banned idiot.
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  1:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
na I always ahve problems with safari. untill opera causes me problems, I won't bother.

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page

OSDCrusher
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  1:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Send OSDCrusher an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by outbackshaq

na I always ahve problems with safari. untill opera causes me problems, I won't bother.

Why the hell do you use opera? You might as well smash your head on a wall for 3 hours than wait for opera to attempt to function correctly.

[url=http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=681394][/url]
Go to Top of Page

Stalkerrob
MY PC

Canada
555 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  2:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OSDCrusher

quote:

Why the hell do you use opera? You might as well smash your head on a wall for 3 hours than wait for opera to attempt to function correctly.

LOLS

Go to Top of Page

CircuPC
Good Poster

53 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They both suck. The best browser is FF by far. In second is either Google Chrome or IE. Then Safari, Opera, and Netscape.

I am a banned idiot.
Go to Top of Page

Stalkerrob
MY PC

Canada
555 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CircuPC

They both suck. The best browser is FF by far. In second is either Google Chrome or IE. Then Safari, Opera, and Netscape.

i agree ff all the way :D

Go to Top of Page

CircuPC
Good Poster

53 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am a banned idiot.

Edited by - CircuPC on 06/17/2009 3:14:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Stalkerrob
MY PC

Canada
555 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  3:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha lol

Go to Top of Page

boom50cal
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
248 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  9:18:43 PM  Show Profile  Click to see boom50cal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IE got owned lol

If it's broke FIX it. If it's not broke, OVERCLOCK it. If OVERCLOCKING breaks it, get ready to buy a new one
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  09:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CircuPC

Google Chrome!? Jezzzzzz.....
Do you actually think Google made a free browser just to be nice?
Hey, go ahead and use it if you want them to have a complete history of everything you do on the internet forever and use it to target you with ads.

For the most part I use stock FF 3.0 for my daily surfing.
I like the "live spell check" and easy tabs, but I still have IE 6.0 and refuse to let Windows Update put in 7 or 8.
I use IE to launch my pop-up streaming radio and FTP because FF sucks at it.

And chrome... well, the funniest thing to me is the guy with an Intel based Mac, running windows, and then using the PC version of the Mac browser.
The argument is always "Well, I can boot in to X10 if I want to".
I just simply say "and that was worth an extra $1000 and no upgrade options?"

Use whatever floats your boat and you like, but be smart, Google is not your friend when it comes to your surfing habits.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OSDCrusher

quote:

well I ahven't run into one problem with opera uet. and I do a crap load of stuff on here. and frankly the onyl thign I don't liek abotu firefox is the way it downloads :/ but frankly I looked it up and both opera and firefox are pretty matched in terms of speed. Also I enjoy knocking my forehead on the wall XD

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000