Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 11:19:14 PM on 12/11/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Lame Spam Scammers
 Inheritance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  07:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:23 AM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: INHERITANCE FUND PAYMENT.

Mr. Peter Giggs,
20 Park Road,
Bristol BS 25LJ,
England.

Attn: - Beneficiary.

We wish to notify you again that you were listed as a beneficiary to the total sum of £4,600,000.00GBP (Four million Six hundred thousand British pounds) in the intent of the deceased (name now withheld since this is our second letter to you) We contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the beneficiary to the inheritance since there is no written will. Our legal services aim to provide our private clients with a complete service.

We are happy to prepare wills, set-up and administer Trusts, carry out the administration of estates and prepare and administer powers of attorney. All the papers will be processed in your acceptance. In your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Peter Giggs.
---------

This scam is so lame.
They claim I have the same surname, yet don't address me Mr. (Name).
AND, it is sent to multiple undisclosed recipients.

I replied with this ;-}

My name is Youshould Gofukurself.
Who died?
My great uncle Whydonu Gofukurself?

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  6:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao nice reply

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  8:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait... it gets better!

Mr. Peter Giggs,
Phone:- +447045718953
20 Park Road,
Bristol BS 25LJ,
England.

Attn: - Youshould Gofukurself.

Thank you for your reply to my email, I want to assure you that the transaction must work out successfully without any hitch, I would like you to send to us a letter of understanding assuring us that the money will be safe in your hands after transferred to you before we will come over to the states for the sharing, also you are required to send to us your information that is your name in full, address,age, telephone and your occupation and any identity of you for easy identification also will submitted the information to the bar clays bank London where the money is deposited for easy communication between you and the bank on how they will send the funds to you. Please and please my good friend all we need is sincere co-operation from you, because this is an opportunity which we can not afford to miss.

Meanwhile,regarding on this inheritance fund payment and like i said that i am the accounting officer to my late client Mr Micheal Gofukurself, and for the past two to three years now the bank have been looking for the next of kin. Base on the same surname both of you has that is why i decided to contact you. Before the bank will start working on it i will advice you to please send to me the above information so that i will open a file here in the bank in your name as the next of kin to my late client Mr Micheal Gofukurself, I assure you that this is 100% risk free. Then you have to call me because we need to talk more about this transaction Asap.

Thanks for your kind co-operation

Regards.

Mr. Peter Giggs.
-------

Fishing for phishers and I got a bite.
reeeerrr reeeerrr I'll real him in slow ;-}

Scam phone numbers in the United Kingdom (+44):

If you receive any email that mentions a UK phone number starting with +4470, it is almost guaranteed to be a scam. Usually the presence of a +44 70 number in a 419 scam email means you're dealing with criminals based in Nigeria. Do not reply to such emails!

The scammer most likely is NOT based in the UK. +44 70 numbers belong to international call forwarding services. These services make it possible for scammers to hide the fact that they are based in Nigeria or other countries in Africa, while the scam victim will believe they're dealing with someone in the UK. Very few if any legitimate individuals use these numbers. Banks, law offices, immigration officials, etc. never use +4470 numbers. We have not come across any legitimate UK businesses yet that use +44 70 numbers. There only visible user base are scammers in Nigeria and elsewhere. It is a perfect mystery why the UK authorities allow these services to continue operating.

UK phone numbers starting with '70' are "Personal numbering" in the "Find me anywhere" range. Charges for calls to these numbers are not distance-dependent. They can cost as much as UKL 0.50 (USD 0.90) per minute to call and can forward the call to virtually any phone number in the world. Forwarding numbers can be set up for free and completely anonymously via websites such as uknumbers.com.

In most cases when you call one of these numbers the phone that starts ringing will actually be a mobile phone somewhere in Nigeria, as the UK number has been programmed to auto-forward calls to another number. These +44 70xx numbers are used as a redirector service to obscure the fact that the person taking the call is not actually based in Europe. The UK number is used to lend credibility to the scam. Unfortunately the authorities in the UK do not seem to be taking action to shut down such phone numbers.

So I replied with this:

I am sorry Mr. Giggs,
My telephone plan does not cover phone calls to that number.
What country is that?

We will have to handle this in e-mail or you can call me.
Sincerely,
Youshould Gofukurself

Hehehe.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  12:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Persistent little scamming phisher ;-}

------

Mr. Peter Giggs,
Phone:- +447045718953
20 Park Road,
Bristol BS 25LJ,
England.

Attn:- Youshould Gofukurself.

Thanks for your mail and understanding, I must say I am very happy to hear from you regarding to this transaction,Well thanks for accepting my offer as the inheritance owner. I have open a file in your name as the inheritance fund owner this morning.

First, let me tell you who I am, I am Mr. Peter Giggs and the accounting officer to late Mr.Micheal Gofukurself for the past five years now, well I work with the Barclays bank but I am a pastor in one of the church here in London.

I located you while I was praying to God that the almighty God should please send a God fearing man or woman that will come up and stand as the next of kin to my late client Mr.Micheal Gofukurself.

Yes, you are not related to this Mr.Micheal Gofukurself, but why I contacted you is base on you both has the same surname which is Rogers.As long as I am the accounting officer I have open a file as the next of kin to my late client.

Gofukurself, You are not going to open any account with the Barclays bank all you need to do is file the TEST APPLICATION FORM and send to the bank, As soon as you sent it to the bank then the bank will get back to you, So once you hear from the bank all you need to do is email me or forward what you receive from the bank to me for more info Asap.

Once again this transaction is 100% risk free and I am giving you my world that as soon as both of us handle it in good faith it is going to work out in good faith. Please my prayer is that this money should come into your account and for you to keep it save before i will come over and see you,Once the money is transferred I am going to come over to your country and my wish is to help the POOR.

Below is the TEST APPLICATION FORM which you have to file and send to the bank and send a copy to me.Below is the bank email address.(barclays.bkuk@accountant.com) The bank managers name is Mr David J.Brown.

I live in United Kingdom London,So please do call me on my number +447045718953 for more info ASAP.

Regards,

Mr. Peter Giggs.

TEST APPLICATION FORM.

1.FULL NAME:________
2.DATE OF BIRTH:________________________________________
3.SEX:MALES_________________________
4.MARITAL STATUS:_____________________________________
5.AGE:-----------------------------
6.NEXT OF KIN:-----------------------------
7.COUNTRY:_____________________________________
8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:___________________________________
9.OCCUPATION:______________________________________________
10.MODE OF TRANSFER:______________________________________________

BANKING DETAILS.

BANK NAME:-------------------------------
BANK ADDRESS:-----------------------------
BANK TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER:--------------------
SWIFT CODE:-----------------------

--------

I really did not expect a reply from this guy when I replied with that name and just used my regular e-mail address.
I have since created a new special e-mail address for these guys.
You'll love it. I sent this today ;-}

I used a pic so you could see the header and my new e-mail address ;-}
And of course, since he strared on the God stuff and helping the poor as they all do, I thought I'd play along.

Too funny.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator
MY PC

USA
566 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  12:08:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
i am the accounting officer to my late client Mr Micheal Gofukurself

Oh my! Thank you KC. That really made my day. My eyes are watering and hurt from all the laughing. I may have to send you a GONE PHISHING hat or something. Too, too funny.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  07:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received another reply at midnight last night.
---

Thanks for your mail and understanding, Well i must let you know that i am very happy to hear from you as regards to the world you used that you are generously to the charities, Yes i as soon as the fund gets to your account i will fry immediately to your country because i need to see you face to face and you are to direct me on what to do.

Gofukurself,You don't need to have any difficulty on the FORM all you need is to file it and send it to the bank and send a copy to me.There is no terms and conditions on the form, All you need it to file it and the mode of transfer is direct transfer to your account which is bank to bank transfer. The Swift code should be yours but if you don't have it there is no problem because the transfer is bank to bank transfer. Here is bank email address (barclays.bkuk@accountant.com)

Regards,
Mr Peter Giggs.
-----
Since we know his mailing address is fake this should really get his goat...
I sent this:

Brother Peter,

I have filled out the form. I did not know what a Swift number is so I used my charities bank account and routing number along with my authorization PIN.

I am uncomfortable sending my personal and sensitive banking information over the Internet, so I printed two copies of your form, included my banks wire transfer authorization form, signed them both, and mailed one to you at your address, and the other to David J. Brown at the London branch of Barkley’s Bank priority US Mail.

You should have everything you need to transfer the funds directly to my charity bank account by November 2nd.

How long do you expect it will take to transfer the funds?

Sincerely,
Youshould Gofukurself

----

That should really get him squirming.
The "pot of gold" with account number, PIN, and my signature for transfer but he can't get it ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  6:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I suspected he is squirming already...
----

Thanks for your understanding, Well i am very happy to hear that you have fill the form and mail it to the address.But i am advising you to send it Via email to make the transaction faster.The bank here in London are very careful in anything about mail so send it Via email to me and to the bank Asap.

Meanwhile, I am assuring you it is 100% risk free and i am working on this transfer so that this fund will gets to you before this xmas because i need to come over to your country with my families.

Please my brother i will advice you take my advice on this transaction.

Regards,

Mr Peter Giggs.
----

I am just going to let him squirm until next Tuesday with no replies ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  5:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh, his e-mail account was closed, hehee.
And I was having fun.
Oh well, another looser down the tubes.

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  9:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao

after all why_not :P