Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:00:53 PM on 10/21/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Webmasters
 Cheap Real Web Site Hosting and E-mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  10:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys won't believe what I am working on that will let you dump all the "free" junk you may be using...

Your own real domain name you own, your own e-mail address you can access via web mail or a REAL e-mail program, and if you want a sophisticated database driven web site like this one.

Or, just a simple one page web site and personal e-mail so cheap you can find the YEARLY price in the couch cushions.

More when I work out the details, but suffice it to say that due to an incredible act of generosity from some long time gaming site friends, and a true real domain name reg you own for cheap, the price to get you started has dropped to lunch money for a whole year!

More when I figure stuff out, but you are one the new server now.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  7:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So cool...
More when I work out the final details but I'll be able those crap "free" web web hosting sites really look like what they are. Crap.

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  9:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice. i know someone who might be interested when your finished.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's pretty cool really.
vales.com is moved on to a new server now.
I have gobs of disc space and some new cool abilities.
And then of course a real domain name you own.

I was on GoDaddy.com yesterday pointing vales.com DNS to the new server and noticed this:

Yep, a buck a YEAR for a domain name and e-mail address.

I just got it because I needed another e-mail address but what the heck, I just pointed it to my KCvale.com domain.

http://KCvale.info

Pretty slick for a buck, and there are lots of open names.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  08:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What the heck...

http://ElitePCs.info

It points here ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2010 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My template site and introduction pages are almost done and I can't believe what I will be able to provide for $3.50 a month!

A complete turn-key ready to rock web site with a complete fully functional Snitz Forums 2000 with my Elite Computers Edition software already installed!

Not only is hosting cheap and packed with features, it comes with a fully configurable member based forum system just like this site and my gaming sites already installed!

I'll share when I wrap up the loose ends and test it, but it's coming soon as I am putting 90% of my time to it now ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2010 :  11:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a note...

I am still messing with the server, trying new features and configurations, so some minor disruption may occur.
Please bear with me ;-}

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  11:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So would this be a way I can set up a simple little page full of pictures? I want to set up my own web site for random stuff but it will pretty much just be basic HTML and images (thats if it even takes off at all)

I could probably even host it on my own machine here at home but it probably open my machine up to a whole can of security issues I wont feel like dealing with.

I heard web hosting is pretty cheap nowadays, but I haven't done my research yet.

Go See Bucko
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  5:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hosting is more for serious users, check with your service provider, most of them give you free space, you have to tell them to turn it on.

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5mb storage and 25mb transfer(monthly)... will probably do me but they want me to have the name as mysitename.sympatico.ca... I'd really like to buy a domain name and use it... not sure if I can do that...

Well thanks guy. I'll look into my options. I am pretty sure hosting is pretty cheap now... like less than 15 dollars a month I believe for something I'd need.

Go See Bucko

Edited by - Evan on 02/08/2010 9:33:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  08:43:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can do that for you, $3.50* a month, and domain names you own are cheap, $1 a year, we just got the [RCG] team set up on the new server with their own domain name http://TeamRCG.info

This page is not complete yet, but Details here http://vales.com/elite/hosting.asp

That is overkill for what you need and you won't use it so I'll wave the $35 setup fee, and just make it $35 for a .info domain name a years hosting.

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  11:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow KC. Just... Wow. That is INSANE! How are you able to even do all that? I'm pretty sure I can find people who'd make good use of that if you want me to spread the word. Or is this like some private deal thing for vales users or something?

Can I still buy my own .com name and use your hosting or do I need to go through you and godaddy?

My financial situation is improving a bit so I can still give you the 35 dollars too.

I might make a site with video and even flash animations too.

One more thing though, I can move on to something else if you need to hold out for people who really need your service as it is ultra overkill for me. (it has been a while since I was last able to donate though... I'll fix that soon too ;) )

Go See Bucko
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  4:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure you can have a .com and host the name wherever you want.
I just offer the .info domain names through GoDaddy because they are under $1 a year with an e-mail address, and I can set them up in 10 min.
All you need to do is point the DNS to my server.

I also have a spiffy FTP server in place and customized web stats for your domain like my Evo2 stat report http://vales.com/stats/evo2.html

Go to Top of Page

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  6:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is really awesome KC. I'm replacing failing computer parts left and right right now though so if the offer is good next month I think I'll do it for sure, if not sooner.

Go See Bucko
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  5:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top Menu web hosting link up ;-}

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic