Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 12:40:33 PM on 10/21/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 MY PC
 motoman_dd`s Red Shield
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Machine Name:Red Shield    ID:437 
Make or Model: Custom Make
Last Edit: 8/20/2013
Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme3
Processor: AMD FX 6-Core Black Edition FX-6100 @ 4200Mhz
CPU Socket: Socket AM3+
Primary Video: ATI Radeon HD 5450    PCI Express? Yes
Memory: 4.00 GB
Boot Drive: (Hard Disk) : 110 GB available on 250 GB

PC Wizard Mark:156548    3DMark:0

Printer Friendly Full Parts Listing

Other Components and Comments:
Had to make a new topic, too many things changed EDIT: Few upgrades, New mobo and CPU.

Edited by - motoman_dd on 08/20/2013 11:12:15 AM

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  09:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Need a good name for this beast, anyone got a good one?

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  8:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love the case. id call it "the shield" or something else weird.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

boom50cal
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
248 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  9:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see boom50cal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd call it "The Oracle" since it reminds of that thing relating to the Oracle in Halo 1/2 or whatever game I'm thinking of.

If it's broke FIX it. If it's not broke, OVERCLOCK it. If OVERCLOCKING breaks it, get ready to buy a new one
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2010 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hmm... The Shield, not bad not bad

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  10:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Updated a teeny bit.

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  08:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cases red 'slot eye' in front reminds me of a Cylon from the TV show...
Maybe just name it Cylon 1.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

521Stroker
Better Poster

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  11:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id pull the tower farther from that curtain, Thats alot of heat sitting right about where the psu is. All that heat can't be good.
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  08:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh i moved, its now on the ground with nothing in the way, don't worry xD

this sucker needs upgrades like mad, and the motherboard is starting to go nuts, and oddly, its quite powerful, but windows keeps annoying me saying that computer performance is low and constantly reverts to windows 7 basic on me, yet i only have a web browser and a chat client open. i've tried KC's faster PC pages, ive made a new windows install everything, and it still does that. odd.

another thing is the sound, the sound once in a while randomly just stops working, then after the 10th reboot, it works again.

Also, I have often USB errors, like its saying usb bandwidth exceeded, or random USB cutouts, i've never understood why.

Last, i cannot for the life of me be able to suspend this computer, although i never even shut it down, its still weird what it does. It will suspend, but when it wakes up, it'll makes the fans run at 100% for 10 mins, then show the windows logon screen, and the second you click on your name to log in, itll reboot, and take an hour to do so.

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  01:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the first thing you would have ruled out is heat.

But it sounds like your saying these problems got worse shortly after moving the PC to the floor?

I was just thinking.

I would expect my homes carpet to cause heat problems for both my PC's if they were placed on the floor. Mostly from restricting the air intake vent on the bottom of the faceplate. And then from more dirt down the road.

Just a thought...

Go to Top of Page

521Stroker
Better Poster

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  09:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get a large enough piece of wood or hard surface and set your tower on that, carpet + pcs = bit no no
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2011 :  01:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya and even then a PC at floor level will still get 10x the dirt inside the case too.

Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  1:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
no no no, the sound problem has always done this, just never really cared til now, its actually cooler where it is, plus i clean my PC often, so i dont mind the dust it gets. But not to be worried, this weekend im upgrading this sucker like mad, going from 2.2 dual core to a 3.4 quad, and from ddr2 to a ddr3 :)

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  1:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=782607&Sku=B69-5357

- Mobo and CPU

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=7114147&sku=P33-5306&cm_sp=Right%20Nav-_-DOD-_-P33-5306

- RAM

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2013 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
New Specs Posted.

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2013 :  06:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page