Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 9:39:35 PM on 12/11/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Software
 Windows movie maker for Windows 7 Home Premuim?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  9:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well been awhile since I've came here. But I recently installed Windows 7 Home premium, and I noticed their isn't no windows movie maker or anything to make movies with. I've been looking at the microsoft/windows site for a download for it, and latest 1's I found was in 2008.

So if anyone can help me find a link to download a newer version of windows movie maker for windows 7?

The DJ is Here!!

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  05:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just take a look around for cyberlink power director. its 100% better n every way.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  1:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya and trail version sucks with the watermark. Looks nice tho but not welling to pay $69.99 since I already put $600 in this computer this month....

Still want a program that doesn't have that dumb watermark thats why I said windows since they dont have 1.

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  3:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is where i tell you not to download a pirated copy.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

AJ2VM
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  8:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Send AJ2VM an AOL message  Send AJ2VM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WhyNot

this is where i tell you not to download a pirated copy.

tsk tsk tsk...

Just do a google for a free good movie editor. I'm sure there are plenty better things than what Microsoft gives you for free. Or if you want to stick with that, I would assume that 2008 version is the latest.

Scratch that, they changed over to Windows Live Movie Maker. I guess they just enjoy putting "live" into the title of everything now, eh?

Edited by - AJ2VM on 05/17/2010 8:14:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  05:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yea the actually told us windows 7 users they didn't bother putting it in there, so they told us to download the live movie maker from vista. I personally can't imagine why they couldn't update it a bit for windows 7 but what do I really care?

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  2:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Movie Maker is now a part of Windows live essentials. That's a Windows 7 feature if I'm not mistaken.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-live-essentials

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2010 :  4:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well with older installs of windows it doesn't come with movie maker :/

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  07:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pro versions have it.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  3:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW: Here is a link to a older blog post about WLMM with more links.

Link:
8/18/2009
The new Windows Live Movie Maker – available today!
Brian Hall, and the Windows Live team

-- snippets
quote:

Windows Live Movie Maker is one more example of why Windows Live Essentials are must-have applications for people using Windows. With the goal of making it easy to communicate and share with the people you care about, we’re continually updating these applications to ensure they take advantage of the best Windows has to offer. With today’s release, you will be able to see a variety of ways Windows Live Movie Maker takes advantage of Windows 7 including expanded support for HD video so you can create great looking movies using the most popular devices on the market – including your mobile phone or Flip Video camcorder

quote:

Change isn’t always easy, and I know there have been some growing pains as we’ve moved from Windows Movie Maker to Windows Live Movie Maker. I want to address one thing we think you might be concerned about – OS support. As Mike mentioned in his earlier post, in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest technologies available on the Windows platform, we optimized the new Windows Live Movie Maker for Windows Vista and Windows 7. As a result you get support for newer file formats like HD, a new graphics driver model which brings more reliable and stable support for high-end graphics, and a new engine on top of DirectX, which improves speed and enables even more advanced capabilities over time. If you’re still using Windows XP, Windows Movie Maker 2.1 for Windows XP is still a great option.

When we told you that Movie Maker was becoming part of Windows Live Essentials we said we believed that doing this would enable us to provide you with software updates more often. We’re excited to introduce the new Windows Live Movie Maker today with so many great new features because we think it delivers on that promise – we’re continually updating the Windows Live applications so you can communicate, share, and keep your life in sync. Grab some photos or video clips and give it a try!

- Brian Hall, and the Windows Live team

The new "AutoMovie" feature in WLMM sounds interesting.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000