Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 12:42:05 PM on 12/12/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Lame Spam Scammers
 Fun here ;-}
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  12:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My quick fixes to keep the recent money problem spammers out haven't worked so well so I am trying something else that is considerably more entertaining for me to use ;-}

I looked at the dozen or so new member spammers info for something in common besides the IP and found something.

They all use a .spame-mail address to get their site activation link e-mail.

Well, if you think those obscure "human interface" read and retype the image words are a pain, this should really frustrate these guys, or at least keep them busy for a long time and not be able to register.

I don't want to go into too much detail but when someone tries to register with a .spamChinese e-mail address extension and submits form input to the register page it takes a little detour.

In short all the reg form info is discarded without doing anything except send them here to "continue".

It is just a confusing hard to read series of pages with check boxes in the text that can't be answered correctly.

I figure it won't take long before whatever they use to streamline their spamming time stops working here they will too ;-}

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  2:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehehe. I tried clicking the continue boxes to see what happened. That's funny.

Do you think they/he is using one of those bots that automatically fill in every box with information? I know a few guys that have their registration forms with some boxes that if you type anything into the it insta bans you when you hit submit. The boxes were invisible to humans but these bots don't rely on eyes to see the boxes and automatically fill in information.

Do you have something like that in place? between that for the bots and your new thing here that would be quite a one-two punch to them.

Go See Bucko
Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  8:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol. just need to streatch it out a few more pages. :P

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  8:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have all kinds of other ways but this was the most entertaining for me.
A hit counter is all I need to add as only using free Chinese e-mail address will get it.
Unless they read this they will have no clue as to what is sending them there and they can try to make memberships until they are blue in the face, I intercept the form info before it does anything here, bot or not ;-}

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000