Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 7:45:15 AM on 11/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Computer Specific Topics
 fullscreen problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  3:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i'm still looking for solutions online. but it wouldnt hurt to post here as well.

the problem is when i play my games in fullscreen, i cant see the cursor. simple as that. the solution however, probably is not.

what ive found out, and it applies to all my games, is that when i play in full screen i cannot see the cursor. in some cases i can see the cursor but only when i move it. and even then it blinks. very rapidly its like the cursor contrails. i see it blink.

its like watching a movie and waving your hand across your face so that you miss a few frames. thats what the mouse does. if i leave the mouse along while playing my game i cannot see it all. sometimes even when i do move it. it will take awhile before i somewhat shows itself.

i can see the cursor using flash fullscreen. like when i watch anime or youtube.

but when i play the game i cant see the cursor.

i only have 2 games that are compatible with window mode.

window mode solves the problem. but not for my games that are f0ullscreen only.

because i think when i go to window mode. it doesnt use the cursor that came with the game. it uses the windows cursor. well except for vindictus, which i can run in window mode and still get the game's specific cursors. its confusing, so im not sure.

what i think the problem is, is that the games use their own cursor. you know like the fancy cursors you can find online.

as far as i know this is the only computer that does this. my Compaq Presario.
check My PC page for the my compaq's specs. i actually put everything in there for once. XD

i've tried everything i can to fix the problem. change all the cursor settings i could find and no luck.

this isnt my most serious problem most of my games can be navigated without the mouse, except for 1 game, but i dont play that one much anymore. so take your time, and i'll take my time searching online for a solution.

"Death can arrive a simple friend for those who die. It is never simple for those who survive." - quote from the book Legacy by Greg Bear.

[RCG]Trubadurix
Sunnmøring

Norway
62 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  05:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see [RCG]Trubadurix's MSN Messenger address  Send [RCG]Trubadurix a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
check properties for mouse you may have set it up to hide cursor when u click at mouse
start/settings/controlpanel/mouse
you can also try to install drivers for mouse and kb

[RCG]Trubadurix
Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  2:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
like i said. i changed the settigns for the mouse and it didnt work.

i have hide cursor while typing: off.
but thats the only hide option for it.

ill try looking for drivers next.

"Death can arrive a simple friend for those who die. It is never simple for those who survive." - quote from the book Legacy by Greg Bear.
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  07:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed you about this bud.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬
Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh ya did?
awsome. ill check it when i get home, if i remember. i forget about alot of things. like how i was supose to check for drivers yesterday XD.

anyway i changed some more mouse settings disabled shadow, pointer trails, and allowed themes to change the pointer. i tested it on evo1 just now. it made no difference.

good news is i can see the pointer in evo1. for some reason the pointer isnt affected by evo1.

all the more confusing about this problem.

ill search for a driver update for my mouse software RIGHT NOW so i DONT forget, again.

btw when did you email me, i dont think it's shown up yet.

Edited by - brutus-tobias on 11/04/2010 10:05:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Evan
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
337 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  7:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure to check your junk folder.

Go See Bucko
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  11:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IDK about Win 7. But for earlier versions I believe most the time your Windows OS settings for stuff like the display resolution, mouse and keyboard are switched in full screen 3D node to the game/app settings. (but not in a window mode)

If not driver related then maybe changing the problem games display preferences that evo1 has (like resolution) to match evo1 will shed some light.

BTW: My 20" CRT does stuff like that when in full screen games with display settings above the actual 0.26mm dot pitch. (guessing my CRT has 82 DPI)

GL

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  09:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well i didnt think that the 3d settings could cause this problem.
my touchpad driver is i8042prt.sys, which is the latest one so im good.

and i haven't recieved an email from you KC.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  4:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, wrong person, I don't have help with the controller for you, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  09:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i know its been awhile. and i just thought i'd put this down.

this happened about a week ago. maybe 2 weeks. i had to restart my computer because it wouldnt connect to the internet. and when i got it running i went to my game Combat Arms. and started it up.

and guess what i could see the cursor! i have no clue what got it working again. all i know is that the next day i was back to the old "wheres my cursor now?" routine.

also on another note. i got my old 7-8 year old laptop working again. the Toshiba that i complained about so much on the forum. i put my dad's old hard drive from his dead laptop into the Toshiba.

aaany way, i installed the game Mabinogi. and i cant see the cursor on that game if i go full screen. that same thing happens on this computer, my Compaq.

now the 2 laptops are COMPLETELY different. well they are years apart.

its a Toshiba Satellite M35X and a Compaq CQ61.

some specs for the toshiba, no video card. has Intel extreme graphics for mobile 2 (if i remember correctly) a 1.2ghz Intel M processor. 1gb DDR1? its 1gb i know that for sure. and a somewhat new 200gb hard drive. it runs Windows XP that came from the Recovery Disc that came with the computer.

and the specs for the Compaq, ATI Radeon HD 4200. AMD Athlon 2 dualcore @ 2.1ghz. 200gb hard drive. 3 GB DDR2 @ 2000mhz

i, i just want to play my games on full screen again. it's annoying having that windows bar at the top. and i cant even play some games because of this.

do you think it might be a driver?
ive tried different settings for the games that allow me to navigate with the keyboard.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  2:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
i had to restart my computer because it wouldnt connect to the internet. and when i got it running i went to my game Combat Arms. and started it up.

and guess what i could see the cursor! i have no clue what got it working again

?????????????

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  07:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
what do you mean "????"

im giving an update.
any1 know why it did that?
why the cursor showed up again.

and the not connection to the internet happens sometimes and it doesnt bother me much.

all im trying to say is that this problem really ticks me off. because i can't play this 1 game. Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

and ive put several questions on yahoo answers and they either dont answer my question, or they give me useless info.

has this problem really never happened before!!!

thanks for ur time for hearing my rant.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  08:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really just have no clue bud, sorry.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  08:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think it's a pretty common problem because I have to adjust my settings to deal with stuff like that as well.

But that earlier post almost sounded like you don't reboot a computer thats not acting correctly.

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  08:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i always reboot if theres a problem.

most of the time i dont turn my computer off unless there's a windows update or like i said, a problem.

i just find it weird that after i restarted, the cursor on the game worked fine and then the next day it was back to the old cursor BS again.

it takes me almost twice to 3 times as long to click on something than if i could see the mouse.

the only time i can tell where the cursor is is if it goes over a button and i see it highlight.

Combat Arms is the "most compatable", it doesnt show the cursor if the mouse stays still. but when i move it it.... its very hard to explain what it does. it blinks? like i can see the cursor on the screen. as if the game were running at 50fps and the cursor is at 1fps. only the cursor doesnt stay on the screen. it shows up, then disappears then shows up where the mouse was moved then disappears again.

i will try can get maybe a video so you can see what happens.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt I can help.

But I remember having this problem in a game called Project Torque.
quote:
the only time i can tell where the cursor is is if it goes over a button and i see it highlight.

Changing the games color preference settings for menus and what not really helped for me.

That and my default 3D gamma setting has always been to dark for me on this system.

Go to Top of Page

boom50cal
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
248 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  2:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see boom50cal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
3 GB DDR2 @ 2000mhz

No way laptop DDR2, or DDR2 at all for that matter, runs at 2000MHz

If it's broke FIX it. If it's not broke, OVERCLOCK it. If OVERCLOCKING breaks it, get ready to buy a new one
Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  3:02:31 PM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
3 GB DDR2 @ 2000mhz

i thought that a bit outrageous myself.

well it might be the gamma but im not sure. and the reason is Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 doesn't have a gamma setting if i remember. but i have the gamma turned up on Combat Arms since i play in dark areas. its preset at 10 and i've got it at 30. it can go up to 100.

i'll try that and see what happens.

oh and most other games that i can remember that do this, but dont have gamma settings are: Mabinogi, MapleStory (i don't play this anymore), Vindictus, RCT3, and others i cant remember.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  10:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Screwed up my screen grab but anyway...
I just adjust my desktops AND 3D's brightness/gamma here because I need everything to get it. (like evo4x4 too) Same for the videos stuff.

Guess I should say current profile just in-case. 8)

Catalyst Control Center

Hopefully that made sense. LoL

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  11:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ok i've found the gamma settings. i saw a button that said reactivate ATI color controls. it said it was turned off because of 3rd party software.

the gamma settings was under Display Options. and click on the Color tab.

there is no gamma settings for the 3D Options.
just all the Anti-aliasing, v-sync, etc.

lets see if it works. ive reset the gamma. i put the settings to the way you had it WS... it looks revolting.

anyway gamma is set to 1, contrast 100, and brightness 0.

my Catalyst is a bit different than yours WS. but at least you have one and we can relate.

i guess the people on yahoo answers where half right. they didnt give me near enough information as you did.

i will try the new settings right now!
be back in a bit.

ok i was only able to try GRID with steam. when i try to open up the menu for steam while in GRID it's suppose to show the mouse, and it didnt.

and Minecraft fullscreen doesn't show the mouse as well.
(mouse = cursor)

and it did make sense WS.

i'll try the other games when i get home as they require an internet connection to the server in order to launch. (school blocks the game servers)

so... what do we do now?
think it might have something to do with AA or any of that?

i put the gamma up to 2.1. the way you had it. didnt make a difference except make it look washed out.

Edited by - brutus-tobias on 05/13/2011 11:16:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  01:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya my big old CRT needs more and more gamma as time goes on.

But I've got no clue about those game issues that you would not have already found in your games support pages anyway I'm sure.

Hey theres a thought, assuming dxdiag.exe passed everything for you.

One of those games is bound to have support that examines your saved dxdiag.exe information and actually knows what the game needs...

Edited by - WheelSmoke on 05/14/2011 12:17:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  07:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ooooo ive got direct X 11.

anyway, i ran dxdiag.exe and clicked the display tab and in the notes box it said there were no problems found.

this whole thing is making me go insane. never have i seen a problem like this, so simple yet no one knows how to fix it. if it can be fixed that is.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  12:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"No problems found" AND all tests passed in dxdiag.exe right!
That stuffs nice and all. But I really like the text file it saves.

Seems likely to be a real simple issue to me too. grrr... simple like finding that needle in a hay stack...

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  4:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
its like the needle is laying right there on the top of the stack so u jump in to get it and hay flies everywhere and you loose sight of the needle.

anyway. as of right now im playing Combat Arms and i can see the cursor perfectly fine. if i restart the game and/or the computer it will probably go back to the old way again. so im not going to do that.

also Combat Arms puts the scheme to windows 7 basic. =\
so instead of having the Aero theme, its Basic theme.

how ever the other games don't do that. just thought i'd let you know.

i have no clue what is causing my cursor to show up again.... and the game just crashed =\

...let me start it back up and see what happens.
phew, the cursor still shows up. the only thing that might have caused it to show up. or rather what ive done in the past 24 hours, cause i played the game yesterday but still had the 'cant see the cursor' problem.

lets see.... the game had a patch at 8:15pm central. and went untill 10:30pm
while they were running maintenance on the server i played DiRT 2.
got off at about 10pm. then went to go play Minecraft. played that untill about 11:50pm.

then i loaded 5 videos on an anime website so i can watch while at school. left the computer on all night to run my Minecraft server.
woke up the next morning and put the computer into Hibernation.
went to school. worked on my history project about 3 mile island using windows movie maker. put the computer into hibernation and went to lunch.

after getting lunch i turned it back on and watched 2 anime shows. then played Transformice for about 10 minutes. bell rings so i close the computer and go to 7th period. (computer still on)
get to 7th period, teacher is absent and we can do what ever we want. so i watch 2 more anime shows (each is about 20 mins long). bell rings and i put it in hibernation again. and go to 8th period.

come home. submit an application for a job at sixflags fiesta texas. start up combat arms while im listening to playlist.com. and i notice that i can see the freaking cursor after its been hiding all these months. heck its been hiding from me for as long as i can remember. since i first started playing. 2 years ago.

so....ya
what now? i have yet to test other games. id like to enjoy me being able to see the cursor for a bit

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  4:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Buried me at the first step... LoL
quote:
also Combat Arms puts the scheme to windows 7 basic. =\
so instead of having the Aero theme, its Basic theme.
Does this mean you have disabled Aero long enough to rule it out or not?

-- edit --

I was just thinking if you have not already checked all the windows accessibility option settings. It might be worth a look because God only knows what they might be doing.

Say how fat is my PC's text cursor in XP for example.
It seems to be system wide as well.

IDK your OS but for XP they are under the Control panel's 'Accessibility options' icon.

Edited by - WheelSmoke on 05/21/2011 7:40:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2011 :  10:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well. the day after it was working, i had to restart to install some updates for windows. and its back to the old 'wheres my cursor'.

and i dont think the disabling of Aero will prove anything because my other games do the same thing with the cursor, but doesnt put the theme into Basic.

so you think its accesibility options?

i also want to mention the games dont use the default cursor. they use a cursor thats styled with the game.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000