Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:01:54 AM on 11/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Computer Specific Topics
 30 years this year.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2013 :  4:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy anniversary to me.

I quite the last job I have ever had and started Elite Computers as a real business in 1983 working from home and never worked for anyone else or had to leave home for my workplace since.

ECA has morphed from a nut and bolts custom desktop building and service business through an Internet services business to little more than a reference for me as I dive head first into the world of high performance electric bicycles and tricycles these days

Everything I learned from my old computer and electronics days plus my Internet skills and recent motorized bicycle skills have lead me back to doing what I love best, inventing stuff, making good money, and putting what I have learned to use again in such a fun way I can't wait to start my new day and even dream stuff about a project at night.

Sure I still have hardware and Internet customers that will only call me and I help them but I have to admit I am pretty proud of making a middle class tax paying income and being a family raising man working from my own home for the last 30 years of my life and still doing as well as ever right from my home office doing things that actually makes people happy and grateful they met me.

Knowledge is learned the hard way through real study of how stuff works.
Recognition is just a public acknowledgment of that knowledge and your application of it.
Integrity on the other hand is a rare and hard thing to even acquire in business let alone live your personal life with, and no matter how much you have it can all go away with just one stupid action.

I guess what has me writing this about some arbitrary date is I set my own standards of what was acceptable to me for monetary profit vs losses and decided that whatever it was do it best way possible I could and bite any losses for repairs with a smile on the customers face.

There is far more to 'having integrity' than that down to simple stuff like giving back an over payment in change from the store clerk that made a mistake, to me it is all about just not screwing someone for money, especially chump change money.

I can count maybe a dozen or so people still in my life that I know have it and earned it, I also like to think there are hundreds if not thousands of people that see me the same way I see the friends I admire and respect for their integrity.

To me the main reason so many people loose Integrity if they ever learned it in the first place is it's so easy to profit from.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things

Mebla
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  2:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Mebla's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
gratz man! hope organizational skills was something you forgot and left out seeing as how its tax season right naow im sure you're having alot of fun with that
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  9:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
seeing as how its tax season right naow
Ouch, ouch, ouch... Mr. IRS

Thanks for bringing that up... LoL

Go to Top of Page

Mebla
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  2:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Mebla's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
believe me man i feel your pain haha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000