Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:03:22 AM on 11/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Computer Specific Topics
 KC's New Desktop June 2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  11:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My buddy Cole came by with a whole lot of high end computer parts his nephew had bought to see what I make and there is some dandy stuff in there, enough for a new high end desktop for both of us.

I'll post the parts when I get to them as it will be a spare time thing, I am building motorized bikes all the hours I care to every weekday right now.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  6:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to loose tese specs as I am about to reboot.

This is the CPU

Motherboard.
http://media.msi.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28642

And my choice of either video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130475

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150448

More later, got see if my cloned XP pro disc boots ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  10:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I am having a tough time cloning my PC's C: drive and have it boot up on all the new machine.
I had it close and started an XP repair but I didn't have the product for XP pro and XP home don't let you do a Repair install and keep everything.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  08:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No joy making a complete clone of my current PC C: and using it on all new hardware, none of methods including pulling the product key from my current system and a number of XP Pro discs would let me do a repair install, said invalid product key every time so I had to go fresh install.

I suppose I could have cloned the drive then booted it up on the new machine with a windows 7 upgrade CD and it may have saved all my installed programs but that's OK, I managed to keep my Outlook e-mail and browser stuff intact and I did have a lot of useless crap installed so I get start pretty fresh again.

I got Filezilla on it and right now it has 4 pipes open DLing all my web sites to the big new SATA drive while I make notes of everything else on this PC before I hand it over to the wife.

With any luck some of the programs I need to re-istall will see what's in their program directory and allow me to keep that data, that makes it easier as the config and preferences are done.

It's been awhile since I did this kind of stuff but ironically it's like riding a bike ;-}

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000