Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 7:53:59 AM on 11/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Computer Specific Topics
 Win7 major problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fengo
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  11:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This keeps happening.

Now if you look closely, you would see that I was trying to open Windows Task Manager. That doesn't even work, it's the same for nearly everything else, Explorer crashes with the same error, and it keeps trying to reopen so I keep getting that error, the dock I have installed has some programs on it, the only one I really got to open was PaintTool SAI, if I try to add a file, the dock instantly crashes with the above error. This makes it impossible for me to do ANYTHING on Windows 7, which is a major headache since that is my main operating system and has several important files on that hard drive. Right now I am using Windows 8 to make this post which is also installed as a dual boot on this computer, however I cannot access the hard drive with Windows 7 through my Windows 8 install. I would also have to uninstall a few programs to avoid having to re-purchase them, Sony Acid Music Studio for example... But that's just my rambling now, here's hoping someone has a solution.

Fengo
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  1:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ignore this, I fixed it

Apparently something with my WindowBlinds trial caused it to go crazy, safe mode and uninstalling worked.

IalsoinstalledLinuxbecauseIthoughtIcouldbackupfilestherebutIdidntneedtodothat
Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  6:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next time, just ask the NSA for their backup copy of your hard drive.
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  12:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LoL XJ...

National security person holds out a data search work order.
Once approved work orders will be completed within 48 to 60 months.

Please place your right thumb here and look at the red light behind me. Click. Approved. Thank you.

Your current processing fee of $50,000.00 dollars can be paid now or if you prefer will be attached to your tax payer ID for a small additional fee. No additional late charges will be applied if paid within 15 (work) days. Thank you. Next.

LoL just kidding around...
-----------------------
quote:
Ignore this, I fixed it

I was going to make a wild guess along the lines of a damaged page file or lack of free space on the HD.

Edited by - WheelSmoke on 07/14/2013 10:51:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  08:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good 'ole 'trial' software.
I have just gotten in the habit of doing windows backup of the registry before I install anything, if it reeks havoc or don't want to be removed I just Restore to before I installed it, then it's just files to remove.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000