Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 6:09:55 PM on 10/20/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 General Chat Forum
 The printer I can count on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  6:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I finally came home with one of those USB to Serial & Parallel Cable adaptors.

Maybe 15 minutes later my old Epson LQ1050+ that has been sitting there waiting to be plugged in for many years spit out a test page that showed even the ink was still good to go.

That printer might just last longer than I do. LoL

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2013 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Epson LQ1050 was a popular pick for my PC biz customers so I of course had one as well, 1050 dot pixels made it so you could print text fantastic and even crude images and with a ribbon cartridge ink was never a problem, just clean the head often and it would run forever.

One other advantage of those impact head printers is you could use tractor feed 3 part payroll checks and invoice documents for hard copies.

It is 'over the hill' as they say however, I had to smile at this page that tosses up a lame review to get ad money from the product links but still you must admit, pretty accurate and you can find where to get a new ribbon for it ;-}

http://www.retrevo.com/s/Epson-LQ-1050-Printers-review-manual/id/259ci866/t/1-2/

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2013 :  7:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya mine has that dual bin feeder so 3 kinds of paper can be loaded. And the ribbon most likely has stamper ink in it if memory serves me.

But even now impact printers are still popular with places I go to for say automobile parts or a/c supply's too. :)

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  11:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
1050 dot pixels
I cant seem to figure out what that means?

My owners manual for LQ model printers does show this information though.

The LQ- models 850, 950, and 1050 printers is referring to what size paper they can use.
And the max DPI for LQ model printers is 360 horizontally and 180 vertically.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000