Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 5:51:19 AM on 10/18/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Power board voltage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2013 :  12:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KC, I was wondering if you think a voltage of 11.7 on this TV converters board 12v leg (see photo below) is far enough off (or not far enough off) to blame my HDTV converter box problem on a bad power from the power supply board?

I've got no clue how far off the voltage can be but the other two (5v & 3.3v) legs are rhe correct voltage.

Thanks
Dan

------------------------------
info

Whats the problem:

• The front panel indicator light is red (should go orange)

• It does not turn on.

Indicator light colors:

• red = initial set-up (30 seconds)

• orange = standby mode (off)

• green = power on (on)

A web search pops up repair techs calling it a common problem with cm-7000 and means a bad power board. (bad caps) But who knows...

PS:) I see what you mean about your camera being a sweet deal now that I finally got around to replacing mine.

Wow! The Canon PowerShot A4000IS for $79.00 at Bestbuy sure was a sweat deal. 8)

Edited by - WheelSmoke on 11/01/2013 11:36:26 AM

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  2:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WheelSmoke

KC, I was wondering if you think a voltage of 11.7 on this TV converters board 12v leg (see photo below) is far enough off (or not far enough off) to blame my HDTV converter box problem on a bad power from the power supply board?
doubtful it's the voltage level but crap caps would cause it to drop and the unfiltered/under-filered DC power could be causing problems, it is certainly where I would start.
quote:
PS:) I see what you mean about your camera being a sweet deal now that I finally got around to replacing mine.

Wow! The Canon PowerShot A4000IS for $79.00 at Bestbuy sure was a sweat deal. 8)
Nothing like a good camera, my powershot A1100IS is like 3 years old and I shoot gobs of pics at 3264x2448.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  7:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks KC.

Now if I can just find something for this last cap (400v 22uf) nobody seems to have on local shelfs I'll replace them all and see if I get lucky.

quote:
Nothing like a good camera, my powershot A1100IS is like 3 years old and I shoot gobs of pics at 3264x2448
Ya and they call that the medium (M1) resolution. Cracks me up.

Blink detection seems pretty amazing too.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  06:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WheelSmoke

Thanks KC.

Now if I can just find something for this last cap (400v 22uf) nobody seems to have on local shelfs I'll replace them all and see if I get lucky.
Here ya go.
http://www.mouser.com/Passive-Components/Capacitors/_/N-5g7r/

quote:
Nothing like a good camera, my powershot A1100IS is like 3 years old and I shoot gobs of pics at 3264x2448
Ya and they call that the medium (M1) resolution. Cracks me up.

Blink detection seems pretty amazing too.
[/quote]Mine is 12.1 mega pixels max so the 3264x2448 7.99 mega pixels I usually shoot at is M1 or the like as well.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000