Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 9:22:41 PM on 10/22/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Video card BIOS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  6:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a video card the other day and just noticed something in it's description that surprised me. Dual BIOS

quote:
Long
Lasting Design: Safer, Last Longer!

The card has two bios, ensuring the card runs properly. You can always switch to the second Bios if the card does not run with the first Bios. HIS cards are engineered with the highest standard of safety, preventing them any potential damages. Solid State Choke stabilizes the card and Full Solid State Capacitors ensures the best power quality and enhances the card’s stability in critical gaming situations! PCB might easily be warped due to prolonged hanging on the motherboard and casing, potentially causing cracks on BGA solder joints and resulting in malfunctioning of the card. The HIS special metal rib provides extra strength to the PCBs to avoid warpage, making the cards extra stable and durable. You can count on HIS cards to game hard for 24/7/365 for years!

link: HIS # H270QM2G2M
Radeon R9 270 Video Card

What next?

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  07:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is kinda cool though I doubt you'd ever need a backup video card bios hehehe ;-}

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2014 :  2:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dint get it either. Or why the iTurbo software has just "save bios" and no load or whatever.
Unfortunately the HIS idea of customer support is just a link to AMD or some third party for warranty.

Oh there is a web site that nothing works and a Hong Kong phone number. LoL

Go to Top of Page

brutus-tobias
Better Poster

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  10:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send brutus-tobias a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The BIOS switches are there for overclocking.

If you somehow mess up the overclock and you cannot correct it you can boot with the second BIOS and then use that second BIOS to flash the first one.

Or you can use to hold 2 different overclock settings for example.

Actually I got a new video card as well. A R7 260x.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125486

"Death can arrive a simple friend for those who die. It is never simple for those who survive." - quote from the book Legacy by Greg Bear.

Edited by - brutus-tobias on 03/02/2014 10:12:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Advanced Member
MY PC

USA
1255 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  6:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no switches on my card. But I would think a second bios that is accessible like that quote above stated would be pointless anyway.

The 'save' feature I was talking about is called "Save CMOS to BIOS" on my motherboard. (MB dual bios) But that's simply letting you save/load the settings as profiles.

LoL. But almost nothing HIS prints about there products is even close to accurate. And I doubt my card even has that dual bios anyway.
Actually I'm fairly sure there is no dual bios on mine.

Edited by - WheelSmoke on 03/07/2014 6:57:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2014 :  06:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brutus-tobias

Actually I got a new video card as well. A R7 260x.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125486

Nice video card!

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000