Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:21:58 AM on 10/23/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 MY PC
 outbackshaq`s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  6:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Machine Name:Mom`s PC    ID:155 
Make or Model:
Last Edit: 9/23/2011
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD G31TM-P21 (MS-7529)
Processor: Intel Celeron E3400 @ 2600MHz
CPU Socket: LGA 775
Primary Video: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family    PCI Express?
Memory: 4096MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Boot Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD800AAJS 80GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive 62.9 GB available on 80 GB

PC Wizard Mark:29193    3DMark:0

Printer Friendly Full Parts Listing
Other Components and Comments:
-foot pedal for scribing

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  6:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes it does need to be cleaned down there

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  6:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
aswell thats a 19' display (it got sorta scewed in the resizing

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  08:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use resample (with maintain aspect ratio on) opposed to resize.
It makes for a much better pic and it maintains the proper dimesions.

Nice system, almost into the 3K rating.
Try the test with nothing else running and you should break 3K.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  4:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ya my mom was logged on and stuff and she types up for the police (interviews kinda thing) so she was logged on and also had a video player open with a probable video in the tower as well as word so it brought it down a little i bet.

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  4:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
unfortunatly my mom won't be getting a comp from your "my pc" tab because she got this 1 for like 2 400 and with the shipping and handeling (aswell as no moniter) it's to pricy for her. but the day i can buy my own computer at my house or sumting (when i move out) i'm gunna call u. she wants good quality for a lower price. i want a nice system but a full non-custom pack is the best i'll get this year

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  07:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya, I only have two high end sample systems up so far.
Both can be configured to cost under $2000 with a flatscreen monitor, they just won't be as fast.

With the new "Buy a PC" system I'm working on you'll be able to configure a system costing anywhere from just under $1,000 to over $4,000 for a liquid cooled monster that should put up PC Wiz benchmarks into the 6 to 7000 range.

Go to Top of Page

drag_racer
Better Poster

245 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  2:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what pc wiz score do you think those $10,000+ Alienware computers get?

**Note: any prices I post are in Canadian Funds unless otherwise specified**
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
enough to make us need super glue to put our jaws back together after they shatter on the floor! )with 1 all maxed out it added up to 14 000 and that i think is american so thats a lot of money)

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  5:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lucky 4 me i will be on the computer and ps2 more cuz i sprained my ankle in gym today (though i can't say i can call that lucky)

Go to Top of Page

drag_racer
Better Poster

245 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2007 :  10:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
buy a "Killer NIC" and you'd get mega FPS in games. (the Killer NIC is a network card that reduces your ping and also lowers the load on the cpu a tiny bit because it has 32mb of memory.)

**Note: any prices I post are in Canadian Funds unless otherwise specified**
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  1:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
mom n' dad are out in Dominican 4 3 weeks (talk over msn n stuff)

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  3:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alienware, Elite Computers, you got the bread for the parts it's the same, I'll just have better net support ;-}

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  11:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my gramma just got her computer cleaned(there was like an inch of dust on the fan) now the compter runs way faster (including the net) so now i'm gunna clean my computer once a month

Go to Top of Page

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator
MY PC

Norway
489 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  3:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see [RCG]Balthazar's MSN Messenger address  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Clean once a year, if you have lotsa carpets or pets clean twice a year.
If you have carpets and pets or other heavy dust spreaders clean 3-4 times a year.
Same cleaning rules applies to other electronics like TV's and stereos.
Thats cheap insurance against fire.

Go to Top of Page

Tenderpaws
Good Poster

96 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  4:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I clean once a month =)
Go to Top of Page

CoreyHM1
Better Poster
MY PC

294 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  8:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tenderpaws

I clean once a month =)

x2, i think im a little late this month lol...

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well then it's nice to know i'm a total doorknob lol

Go to Top of Page

CoreyHM1
Better Poster
MY PC

294 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  8:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
naaa, i normaly clean mine once a month but....it just dident work out that way for the past few

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  08:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
sims 2 (+ a bunch of expansion apcks) keeps crashing and accoring to ea it's my video card, so at sme point mom wants to upgrade our ati radeon xpress 200 series to something with a little more punch. still hoping I win the contest at poetry.com! $10 000 wich will go toward a computer i will order here from vales. while i'm here, KC do your setups have usb ports? I couldn't find info on that

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  09:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
asy answer is yes they all do these days. 2.0 high speed.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  3:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
thanks!

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  10:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, boatloads of USB for the most part, and the parts list will usually have a link to the part that has a description, my prices just haven't been updated or new stuff added.
If you "strike it rich" let me know, Ill custom you a quote.

Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  7:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
gee i sure would love to buy a PC from here! If i remember correctly the final decision is made around new years so i would love that e-mail or phone call!! just out of curiosity will you be adding the 1 terabyte hard drives XD I doubt I'll get one unless there performance is also nice and it isn't just a master of one trade. if i do win i will be ordering just the tower with the hardware and OS installed. i plan to get a blue tooth setup for keyboard and mouse. i also want to go hd and surround for display and video. oh i wonder what f.e.a.r. combat looks like on a vales dream combined with hd and surround... *drools*

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  10:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you know what you want i can tell you now a custom pc is a thousand times better than a prebuilt manufactures machine. i just read some of the older post on this thread and i can promise you this you pick out any system form any company and im willing to bet that having kc build you the exact same comp you will save a bundle. and you'd have the opportunity do make any changes you want.
believe me once you have a great comp you will find out while F.E.A.R has good graphics. youll be lookin for games with more.
good enough is never good enough :P
ps.fear looks sweet maxed out at 1680 X 1050 with full surround sound its intense cranked loud.

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  08:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
right now i can get some fairly nice graphics with no real lag on this setup

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000