Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:26:26 PM on 12/12/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Hardware Reviews
 Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rebel2345
Better Poster

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  6:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Rebel2345 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I come home to find that my mouse had mysteriously died since I left for work this morning. Seeing as there are no alternatives in my home, I went out to buy a new one.

I didnt want to go dirt-cheap again, seeing as I had nothing but problems with my Dynex junk. I looked online at the stores, and seen what was available. I figured I'd go with a gaming mouse, because of their high DPI pickup and smoother operations, with multiple programable buttons. While I didnt want to go dirt cheap, I wasnt paying 100 dollars for one either. I ended up spending $52.99 on a Razer Diamondback.

Wow..

The difference is THAT noticeable. I went from a 400 Dots-per-inch mouse, to a 1600 Dots-per-inch (DPI). Its pickup is so good, that even without a mouse pad, It takes less than .005 (Yes, I meant 5 thousandths) of an inch to move the cursor. Without changing the settings that I had on my old mouse, It takes about 2 inches to move from the left edge of my first screen, to the right edge of my second screen. Thats 2048 pixels in 2 inches.

Thy Dynex optical I was using usually needed to move near half an inch before it would react, and I would have to lift it up and move back atleast once to cross my dual screens. Thats .005:.500 inches to move, and 2:6 inches from edge to edge. Again, my settings never changed. The difference is the DPI.

They read on the website that it can handle 40 inches per second of movement without skipping.

How does it look? People have different tastes, but it matches my PC very well. All of my components are mostly black, with silver accents. The lights in my PC case are blue, and I have my Desktop background the same color to match. So, I bought the Plasma version, which is mostly seethrough, and has blue lighting.

Yes, I know I need to clean up.

But anyways, If I were to rate this against the other Opticals I have used, this is the top so far. I've used a couple Logitech and Microsoft "High performance DPI" Opticals at local LAN gaming places, but those dont compare to how smooth this is.

If you want a gaming mouse, and cant go for the high price, this is a good choice.

Edit: As a follow up a little, I played some Battlefield 2. When I was sniping with my last mouse, I missed pretty often because of the huge and jerky movements I would have to make in order to stay on the guys head. I'd usually end up over-correcting, or just not be able to follow him in a dead run. Now, it takes very suttle movements and it is very easy to keep on him, and to take a clean shot.

Edited by - Rebel2345 on 06/15/2007 7:42:49 PM

CoreyHM1
Better Poster
MY PC

294 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  7:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was looking at those, i wish they made them in wireless....but they are very nice

Go to Top of Page

Rebel2345
Better Poster

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  7:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Rebel2345 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didnt like wireless. it was sort of pointless for me, seeing as I dont move from this spot while I'm using the computer, and wireless sometimes have a tendancy to studder or have a small delay.

I had problems with sudden freakouts, where my character would spin around wildly and look upward or downward. It seemed to happen every time my sisters Nextel cell phone revieced a 2 way signal when it was within a certain range of my wireless pickup.

But, like I stated, I was using a wireless Dynex mouse. I'd have to say stay away from Dynex for any item.
Go to Top of Page

Tenderpaws
Good Poster

96 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  10:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the mouse I have. I love it no problems at all, would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104203

well worth the money.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  10:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good DPI is great for gaming and close graphics work, but overall I like running way lower setting regardless of what type of mouse I have.
4-5" movement on my mousepad to cover the whole screen makes it much easier for me click what I want without having to move it such tiny increments.

Looks cool though, nice addition.
Have you played with the programable buttons yet?
Can they do Macros?

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

Rebel2345
Better Poster

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  11:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Rebel2345 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have not played with the buttons yet. As you can see in the one picture, I have a gaming keyboard as well, which gives me all the controls I need. It does allow macro's too, which would be nice when using Zmod or Photoshop.
Go to Top of Page

Tenderpaws
Good Poster

96 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  12:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually never use the DPI, iv done it so much the other way, I can control the mouse with little movement.
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:07:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tenderpaws

I actually never use the DPI...

(smiles) DPI is Dots(pixels) Per Inch the mouse itself can see per one inch movement, you can set the Sensivity (how far the pointer moves per mouse inch movement) of the mouse in Windows to whatever you want up to the DPI of mouse itself's ability.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

Tenderpaws
Good Poster

96 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Know what it is, I ment I never change the setting on my mouse no matter what im doing. Unless I want to spin around like a moron in a FPS.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000