Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:06:33 PM on 10/20/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Case Painting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  2:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well Today i started to look at my PC case and thought"HMMM, White is a no go" SO I Went to the local hardware store look at some paint cans. i looked and i got myself two Flat Black Paint cans For 5.99 each. Here is a pic of what the front case looks like:

took off the front label with some nail polish remover (that stuff really works!!!) and put a small corner of the paint.

What do you Think?

4ever and ever!

Edited by - motoman_dd on 07/19/2007 2:26:08 PM

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  2:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just took another pic of my PC case without the front panel:

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  3:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My Step-Father just put a special coat of chrome on the Metal casing and it looks wonderful i will post pictures of it later.

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  4:36:20 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the pics:
Of corse i had to show what kind of paint im using

Other part im painting

The CD Cover

THE CASE!!!

(Sweet, HUH?)

4ever and ever!

Edited by - motoman_dd on 07/19/2007 5:54:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

landlubber
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
303 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Send landlubber an AOL message  Click to see landlubber's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ya should have sanded it and primed it first, that paintmight not stay on there.
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  5:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
the paint that was originaly on there was too hard to take off but i will put a special seal on it like cars do.
And this colour is only the base.

4ever and ever!

Edited by - motoman_dd on 07/19/2007 6:27:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  08:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
God darn it!!! well, we had alot of rainfall here and it flooded my in-ground pool. the whole basement is flooded do i gotta start from scratch again!! Oh well... what can u do?

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

RDT_Dave
Starting Member

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  5:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sand,CLEAN, Prime, Paint, Clear Coat.
That should be the way you go if your looking for a good paint job. FYI Rubbing alcohol and latex/rubber gloves work best for cleaning (as far as Bang fer your Buck). And with the sanding, you only really need to scuff the surface up smooth and prime, then apply your light coat of paint, then dry, then a heavier coat, then dry 24hours. Then apply desired amount of clearcoats going from thin to thick usually 2-3 is enough. Most paint and clears take 24+ hours to dry in the best conditions so be careful as the paint will not cure for near a week respective to the environment.

Beer, Now cheaper than gas!
Drink, Don't Drive.
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  10:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ugh i gotta find myself a new motherboard + kit that way ill have a good PC with this case

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  6:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i am now gonna buy a large piece of plexiglass and cut a large square out of the metal casing but first im gonna go to new brunswick tomorrow at 5 AM so its gonna wait a bit lol cya later guys!

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Rebel2345
Better Poster

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  6:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Rebel2345 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guys, its just a PC case. There is no need to go through the entire drill of vehicular body work when you're just using rattlecan paint. They make it to bond to other paints that are already there. Besides, there arent going to be any rocks being thrown from tires to hit it, nor will it really be subject to moisture.

When painting with rattlecans, all you really need to do is make sure it is very clean.

If there happens to be chips in the paint and you wanted to smooth them, you could go to Advanced Auto Parts, or Autozone, or better yet, a Body Shop supply store and get some sand paper. 220 grit to smooth out the edges, if you want a more fine, more smooth surface, you could do 600 grit after smoothing the edges with 220.

But, if you want to waste the money on all those supplies to paint it like a car, thats up to you.
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  7:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol im just doing sumthin to keep myself busy a small hobby we could say but thanks 4 the tip anyways lol

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  10:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol i am now thinking of putting decals on the sides...

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

~M.O.B~Warrior
Good Poster
MY PC

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  11:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same as my high school hot rods .... Black Primer .

A little scothbrite , a wipe down with acetone and rattle away .

Native Customs
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  08:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
nb nb nb need some decals tho lol

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  6:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ha make a vales logo on the side XD just tape it out and get the colours!

There's always a work around ;)
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  6:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol good idea... ''Vales Gamer'' lol

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  6:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
just for the heck of it i fired up paint and modified the vales gaming logo lol and im gonna try with paintshop pro

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  7:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here ya go... my first time in psp lol i dont find it that bad... what do u guys think?

4ever and ever!

Edited by - motoman_dd on 08/23/2007 7:15:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
huh? my first pic just chaged into the psp 1...

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  8:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it's pretty nice what did you use a font for the vales part, turn it a bit, and add a bit of darkening for a shadow?

Edited by - outbackshaq on 08/23/2007 8:29:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2007 :  9:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
if you actually do paint a logo on the side (like make some stencils and stuff) then you could go with this kind of logo(uses 5 colours):

and end up with something like this (photoshoped quickly):

that is if you wanted too

Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  06:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
haha its kinda weird what u did to the logo but the font i used was arial cuz i didnt want to go to far into it but was suprised at the results :P

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  09:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol i said i did it quickly! i had to resize it but yea with some careful taping you could put you sig onto the case. it would just take time and patience. but it's just an idea ;)

Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  11:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol yup!

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

outbackshaq
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
380 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2007 :  7:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see outbackshaq's MSN Messenger address  Send outbackshaq a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
if i took the time i could make it look like it was on there. but i have better things to do XD

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000