Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 5:46:10 PM on 10/22/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Software
 $40 Version of A-squared Anti-Malware for FREE!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  08:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curtosy of Gizmo Richards.....

A Full $40 Commercial Version of A-squared Anti-Malware for Free
Here's another gift From Gizmo. Following the popularity of last month's offer of a commercial backup program for free I've made an arrangement with EMSI Software to provide my subscribers and site visitors with a full $40 version of the highly regarded A-Squared (A2) malware detector for free.
A2 is a top rated product that provides active signature and behavioral protection against trojans, spyware, rootkits and a broad range of other malware products. It offers a strong additional layer of protection to anti-virus scanners, particularly those like AVG 7.5 that do not provide broad spectrum anti malware detection. A2 can also be used as an on-demand scanner. Additionally it has a good reputation as a malware removal tool so it's a handy addition to your PC toolkit.
Finally it's one of the few anti-malware products that will work with Windows 98.
This is the full commercial version not the free version and comes complete with a full 12 months license. You can compare its features with the free version here.
How To Get A-squared for Free
1. Download the 30 day trial version of a-squared Anti-Malware 3.5 from the EMSI website by using this link:
http://download3.emsisoft.com/a2AntiMalwareSetup.exe (31.5MB)
2. Install a-squared Anti-Malware
3. Create a new user account at the setup wizard as requested.
4. Log in with the emailed password. If your password didn't arrive, check your spam mail folder. If problems persist click here and request your password from another server.
5. Click the "Convert coupon code" link at the bottom of the following licenses screen and enter the following code:
rac-wav-nak-737
6. Follow the wizard instructions to the end. This may involve an additional download of the latest signature files. This may be a quite lengthy process.
Once the wizard has completed the software is now installed and protecting your PC.
Your free license is good for one year.
If you have problems please contact EMSI not me.
This free offer expires on July 31, 2008
Enjoy!

Gizmo Richards

BigDOGGe
Administrator
MY PC

USA
566 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  10:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds generous, but the 1-year limit makes me hesitate. I already have Ad-aware, Spybot and Pest Patrol, and those don't expire.

I'll give it a try though, to see if it detects anything bad the others may have missed. If it does, then I'll stick with it.

Much thanks.

Go to Top of Page

motoman_dd
Better Poster
MY PC

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  10:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Send motoman_dd an AOL message  Click to see motoman_dd's MSN Messenger address  Send motoman_dd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
it expires in 13 days? uhh no ty

4ever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  10:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigDOGGe

Sounds generous, but the 1-year limit makes me hesitate. I already have Ad-aware, Spybot and Pest Patrol, and those don't expire.

I'll give it a try though, to see if it detects anything bad the others may have missed. If it does, then I'll stick with it.

Much thanks.

I am running Spybot, Ad-Aware, AVG free, and EasyCleaner by Toniarts. I run them all regularly and this program found 90 things....I was pretty suprised.

quote:

The offer expires in 13 days. Once you get the product you will have it for 12 months.
Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator
MY PC

USA
566 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  11:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well, it only found one item on my pc. It's claiming that my Zmodeler uninstall program is infected. False positive?

I never let sites put cookies on my PC without asking first, and I refuse them on most sites without any limitaions. I suppose that's why my machine came out so clean.

When I had IE set to allow cookies, Spybot or Ad-aware would find all kinds of stuff every time. After I set IE to ask me first before accepting a cookie (which I only allow for sites like Vales), my scans come up empty.

Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  12:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What can I say...I sometimes step over to the dark side of the internet.
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  07:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motoman_dd

The software doesn't expire, the offer to get your first year of automatic updates free expires at the end of this month.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  08:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it installed and scaned my system, it seems to work fine.
It didn't really find any threats, but it did clean up some bits of left over code from long removed threats.

Not bad, especially for free, Thanks XJ.
And hey, is that Gizmo from the game sites?

Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  4:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KC

I got it installed and scaned my system, it seems to work fine.
It didn't really find any threats, but it did clean up some bits of left over code from long removed threats.

Not bad, especially for free, Thanks XJ.
And hey, is that Gizmo from the game sites?

Your welcome, and no, thats Gizmo as in Gizmo Richards...

http://www.techsupportalert.com/

I have been signed up for his newsletter for quite some time. He has some great freeware reviews.
Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  8:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like they are offering this once again. This offer is valid for 24 hours only commencing at 11:11 (CET) on Wednesday 11th November, 2009. Be sure to set a reminder to grab it. This software is great...I have been missing it since my license expired.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/get-squared-anti-malware-free-1-day-only.htm
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  5:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya, I may need it, my norton is about to xpire.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  08:38:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking or Norton, I'm glad they e-mailed me.
My account was set to auto-renew in a couple of days at $48!
Mo thanks, I find it free all the time ;-}

Go to Top of Page

XJ~Abuzer
Better Poster
MY PC

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just snagged mine up
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  6:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Downloading mine now ;-}
Note this is about over, and if you got the last one, you'll need a different e-mail address for this one.

Go to Top of Page

gibson
Been Around a Bit

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  6:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i grabbed it and i like how fast the deep scans are. it also fixed a little trojan problem that i had. i give it 8 outa 10, norton gets 3 outa 10

159 years ago California became a state, had no electricity, no money, almost everyone spoke Spanish, and there were gunfights in the streets. It was basically exactly like it is today, except the women had real breasts and the men didn't hold hands.
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  8:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still running the Norton Gaming Edition.
It's fast and completely unobtrusive.
When my update subscription runs out I'll load A-squared, but when I see Norton Gaming for free* again I'm going back to it.

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  9:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is Norton gaming really that good?

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2009 :  07:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure like it.

It doesn't mess with me, and it has a "gaming mode" for when you are on-line. It still functions, but it doesn't check for updates or do any background scanning, which it does regularly in regular mode, yet doesn't pop anything up or annoy me at all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000