Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 8:27:50 PM on 10/17/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 Software
 ScriptFTP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Script FTP
Script driven FTP/LAN file Upload/Download/Sync/Delete utility.
For Windows XP/2000/Server 2003/Vista/Server 2008
Webpage - Shareware ScriptFTP Download 4.20MB

This is very cool if you don't mind a little simple scripting, especially if you can read instructions ;-}

I am using it to SYNC up my game sites .zip add-on files with my machine so I always have everything on the server here for when I make Add-On disc's.

If you don't have a web server you can FTP into to keep pages updated on both ends this may not be of use to you, Windows has a built in File Sync utility for LAN, but it is pretty lame and limited and was of no use to me.

I can see it being handy for home LAN's for such things as Game Play though.

For example if your famliy plays Evo2 all the time on Lan Multi and often change what vehicles and tracks you are going to run, when the guy that changes the files and makes the changes on his machine, everyone else can SYNC with it be the same with the all files including config in seconds.

What the heck, it's free I sure found a use for it.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things

code_m
Good Poster
MY PC

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  11:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Send code_m a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
darn.... doesn't have support for sFTP....

It would be nice to have now that I have my own machine to store the files on. I need sFTP because my web server deals with a lot of people that try to figure out passwords for fun. I don't need to make it easy for them and send my password around in plain text every day.

code_m is the coder of codes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000