Elite Computers
REGISTER Other People All Forums Active Topics Contact Staff Enter a PC Buy a PC Forum Search Forum Help Main Forum menuNoLogin Image Map
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Who's here at 6:42:02 AM on 10/22/2017?
 All Forums
 Computer Forums
 MY PC
 DJ Lime`s Quad Core Gamer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  07:13:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Machine Name:Quad Core Gamer    ID:346 
Make or Model: Elite Computers Custom Gamer
Last Edit: 5/16/2010
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2333 MHz
CPU Socket: LGA 775
Primary Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT    PCI Express? Yes
Memory: 4096 MB
Boot Drive: 75 GB Boot Partion of 500 GB

PC Wizard Mark:43827    3DMark:7951

Printer Friendly Full Parts Listing

Other Components and Comments:
Nice gaming machine, excellent sound and very quite.

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Lime, what is the make and model of the monitor you'll be using with this? Do you know it's max refresh rate in Hertz?
I'd like to set this box up to that rate.

KC's Kruisers - It's all how you look at things
Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  9:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooh hes gonna like that :)

after all why_not :P
Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  10:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KC

Hey Lime, what is the make and model of the monitor you'll be using with this? Do you know it's max refresh rate in Hertz?
I'd like to set this box up to that rate.

The model of the monitor is a Emachine.

Do you need the model name? because its 1772ED (thats what it said on the back of the monitor)

Do you also need a ID number? because I got that to.

As for the max refresh rate in Hertz's. I dont know what I had on the computer. But I'm looking in the book I got for it.

It says this but I think its wrong.

*Monitor is compatible with VGA, SVGA, and high resolution video modes up to 1280(H) X 1024(V)60Hz

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  08:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I needed.

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  1:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

Breezer
Been Around a Bit
MY PC

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2008 :  7:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Breezer's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice looking machine your getting there lime

Like the wind i Breeze by ya
Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2008 :  1:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.

So KC any new updates to the box?

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2008 :  07:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It'll be on it's way Monday, I'll send you the tracking number.

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  4:03:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your box is on it's way Lime, actually two boxes, I needed a second one for all the extra cables, software and manuals.

It went out today 2nd day air so you should have it by Wednesday. You can thank my wife for that. Check your e-mail for the UPS tracking number.

Software on it:

Service patch 3 up to date except IE7, I like IE6 but you can certainly get it.
Kaspersky Anti-virus, it came with your motherboard and supposed to be very good.
Spybot S&D ver 1.6 and AdAware SE Pro Build 1.05, both up to date of course.
3DMark 06 and PC Wizard 2006.
Nero 8 CD/DVD burning software and Paint Shop Pro 4.2
Convert - the little stand alone value converter for a lot of things like temp (C to F for example)
A few other things like video control, temp monitor, etc software that came with the hardware, they are all linked in the Util folder on your desktop.

Monster Truck Madness 2 and 4x4 Evolution 1 & 2, complete with ALL add-ons to date and pre-configured Add-on Installer. Just click the little Disc Icon on any add-on download page and install them seconds from your hard drive.
Flatout 1 & 2.
Kart Challenge 2005 and the Demo of another Kart game that comes with MTM2.
Jeep 4x4 install files are also on it if you want to install it.

I think thats it.
Enjoy ;-}

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  11:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Your box is on it's way Lime, actually two boxes, I needed a second one for all the extra cables, software and manuals.

Ok

quote:
It went out today 2nd day air so you should have it by Wednesday. You can thank my wife for that.

Thanks

quote:
Check your e-mail for the UPS tracking number.

I think you forgot to send me that because I looked thru all my emails, and folders.

quote:
they are all linked in the Util folder on your desktop.

That will come in handy.

quote:

Monster Truck Madness 2 and 4x4 Evolution 1 & 2, complete with ALL add-ons to date and pre-configured Add-on Installer. Just click the little Disc Icon on any add-on download page and install them seconds from your hard drive.
Flatout 1 & 2.
Kart Challenge 2005 and the Demo of another Kart game that comes with MTM2.
Jeep 4x4 install files are also on it if you want to install it.

quote:
Enjoy ;-}

O you know I will. Thanks!!

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  08:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't e-mail the tracking info until this morning, but here it is:
-------
Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/31/2008.

In Transit - On Time
Scheduled Delivery: 12/31/2008
Shipped To: SAINT LOUIS, MO, US
Shipped/Billed On: 12/29/2008
Service: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 23.00 Lbs
Multiple Packages: 2
--------

Your power supply is modular, meaning you only plug in the power cables you need to reduce clutter, and there were a bunch let over (hence the second shipping box).

Talk to you New Years Day, you should have it hooked up and running by then ;-}

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  11:50:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lime's PC was delivered ;-}

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  12:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KC

Lime's PC was delivered ;-}

Ya but somethings wrong with it.

When I first opened the box. 1 of the walls was off so I had to put it back on. So I got everything hooked up. So I was getting ready to turn it on for the first time, and made this werid knocking noise so I turned it off fast. Because that didnt sound good.

So I started it back up, and ran fine to the desktop, and shut off. Now everytime I turn it on it shuts OFF before it gets to the desktop.

Makes me very mad after all this money we put into it, and still doesnt work? Sad

The DJ is Here!!

Edited by - DJ Lime on 12/31/2008 12:54:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  2:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like it took a beating in a transit for the cover to come off.
It also sounds like the CPU fan came off, not that suprising if it was beaten around that bad.

It is that big heatsink-fan.
It should be a quick fix though.
Looking from the front, take the left side off and lay it down on the right right so you can look down and in.

It should look like the picture in this topic.
If the CPU fan was jared loose, just out back over the CPU.
There are 4 long plastic rods on each corner of it, they line up with four holes in the motherboard.
Just push each one down hard so it snaps into the holes.

Leave it on it's side to with the cover off to start it up and see what it looks like.
Thats the only thing I can think of that could come loose.
I'm sending you my phone number in e-mail, call me if thats not it.

Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  6:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's harsh. I wish that postal services actually gave a crap about what they throw from one truck to the other. also check to see if any and all cables are loose. sounds like it took a thumpin. just pull them off then back on one at a time. you don't have to but i've seen it make a difference.

Go to Top of Page

MaD2ko0l
Better Poster
MY PC

United Kingdom
105 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see MaD2ko0l's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
can u not claim some kinda compensation from the postal service? take pics of the boxs they camp in, take pics of evryehting that what broken or whatever has happened form transit.

i knwo in the uk some of the things i have brought have arrived broken and i have either claimed from the postal courier or have had a replacement from the place i got it from
Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  9:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It should look like the picture in this topic.
If the CPU fan was jared loose, just out back over the CPU.
There are 4 long plastic rods on each corner of it, they line up with four holes in the motherboard.
Just push each one down hard so it snaps into the holes.

I looked at it. From the view of the first picture up above. The 2 top black rods are off, and wont go into the hole even with a lot of pressure. You can hear the click. But if you touch it like a little wiggle it looks like its off again.

I finally had it running for 5 mins, and my lazer mouse wasn't working. So I had to use my old ball mouse that doesnt really work. But got it to move but right when I clicked on something it shutoff.

Like god this is running worst than my old computer.

Its much better if I just ship it back to you because if I touch it even more theres going to be a hammer thru it soon.

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator
MY PC

USA
566 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  10:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They'd definitely have to drop it pretty hard to knock a case door off the box, and knock the dang fan off the CPU too? Sheesh!

I'd definitely consider looking into filing a claim with the shipping company, and the sooner the better. Notice any damage to the shipping box?

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2008 :  10:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
They'd definitely have to drop it pretty hard to knock a case door off the box, and knock the dang fan off the CPU too? Sheesh!

Thats not the only thing that doesn't work. My CD disc tray doesnt come out either. When I press the button after it get to the desktop it doesn't come out.

quote:
Notice any damage to the shipping box?

I took 2 pictures of the most damage of the box. Did you get the box like this KC? or was it UPS that did it?

Man this isn't a good way to start off the new year. Ain't it?

The DJ is Here!!

Edited by - DJ Lime on 12/31/2008 10:42:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

WhyNot
Advanced Member
MY PC

Canada
913 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  06:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i fully blame ups. get on them about it. also the computer cant run without the cpu heat sink attached. very bad idea to try. you will fry the processor. it takes a crazy amount of force to get the socket 775 heat sink to fit properly. its normal to feel like your going to shove it threw the board. ive had a couple that were so tight that it warped the mother board. the 4 black tabs turn a quarter turn to un-lock. maybe try giving them a turn first. as for the dvd rom sounds like they knocked it off the track.

make sure the slots in the tabs point strait out. I also found a video that relisticly shows the force needed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hrV1yMRKo&feature=related

Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  10:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was no damage to the box at all when it went out.
The carrier that picked it up signed a statement to that effect because of the high insurance value.

Don't try and run it again, it's going to need new heat sink compound now anyway, and there is no telling what damage that huge heat sink and fan did banging around loose in the case.

I'll start a claim against UPS (it was insured for full price), and I'll supply you with a pre-paid ups label for pickup and return.

Go ahead and box it back up for return, just the PC, hang on to the other box.

Since the CPU Fan is "flopping around" in there, unhook it from the motherboard (the wire too) and wrap it up in bubble wrap or something and wedge it in an empty drive bay and tape it in from in the inside so it doesn't flop around and damage anything else in the case coming back.

Overnight is supposed to be the safest shipment, less movement from truck to truck, and I paid a bunch extra for it so you'd get it last year.
I even covered the thing in FRAGILE stickers on every side and the top!
Man, you'd think when you pay top dollar to deliver something unharmed it would get there that way.

Sorry for the delay buddy but I'll get you fixed up and have it back soon no charge.

On another note I never have liked Intel's plastic peg mounts.
I like AMD's big metal bands, it takes two men and boy to get them loose ;-}

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you going to mail us the pre-paid label in the mail or what? Because thats what were alittle confuse about.

Should I put the computer box into the box it came with, and tape up that hole in the side of the box?

quote:
Since the CPU Fan is "flopping around" in there, unhook it from the motherboard (the wire too) and wrap it up in bubble wrap or something and wedge it in an empty drive bay and tape it in from in the inside so it doesn't flop around and damage anything else in the case coming back.

Ok we'll do that later today or tommorow.

Also. We got the CD tray working again last night, with the fan hooked up again, and your right we don't like those Intel's plastic peg mounts.

But were going to take it back off, and put it into bubblewrap.

My mom said thank you for all the help you done for helping us get this computer running again.

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll let you know how UPS wants to handle it, they are paying for it, but I would hope they just show with the label and put it on the box for you.
Yes, the same box is fine, just tape up the holes.

And tell your mom she's welcome but it's no special treatment, I do this for every customer for any purchase, always.
I'll loose money on this, but I'd rather loose money than a customer. After 20+ years things like this always seem to come back around one way or the other ;-}

Sorry again for the fiasco. I was really looking forward to seeing you brag about your new machine.

Go to Top of Page

DJ Lime
Good Poster
MY PC

59 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  11:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I got the box ready to send back to you. I got the fan in bubble wrap, and wedge it in the empty drive bay. I also taped it in their so it won't go anywhere. You might have alittle trouble getting it out then lol.

So will it be about 2 days to get to your house or is it 1 day delivery? Just wondering

The DJ is Here!!
Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho
MY PC

USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  5:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lime

So will it be about 2 days to get to your house or is it 1 day delivery? Just wondering

It should be back here tomorrow afternoon according to UPS.

I went ahead and ordered you a HS/Fan that actually bolts to the motherboard and doesn't use those lame plastic things.
Did you know Intel actually recommends you replace the whole fan if you remove it because of their crap mounting?

I'll have to pull the motherboard to put the bottom screw plate in...

... but hey, no biggie.
The darn thing won't come off without a screwdriver.
Why Intel doesn't do this with their own boxed CPU fans is beyond me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Elite Computers Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000