Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/11/2017   9:34:07 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Truck Making Q&A
 Parts aren't available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Parts aren't available Next Topic  
Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  3:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I made a truck and when I go ingame to purchase parts for it(Fender Flares and a Hood Scoop) they aren't available. I named them right but they still won't appear. If I put them in the .trk file, they appear on the truck, but it won't let you take them off.

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  4:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Did you name each and every part in z-mod correctly? Even the ones you don't purchase? If something is named wrong it can cause some problems. here is a list of what you can name the parts (ones that are avalible for purchase as well as the ones that are not) where they will show up in game.....
OPAQUE
OPAQUEL
TRANSP
TRANSPE
TRANSPI
TRANSPL
ANTENNA
AXLEF
AXLER
BEDCOVR
BODY
BUGSHLD
BUMPERF
BUMPERR
BUSHBAR
CLADFR
CLADLT
CLADRR
CLADRT
COCKPIT
DRIVER
FFLARES
FOGB1
FOGB2
FOGB3
FOGB4
FOGR1
FOGR2
FOGR3
FOGR4
GLASSE
GLASSI
HELMET
HSCOOP
LIGHTBC
LIGHTBL
LIGHTBR
LIGHTFL
LIGHTFR
LIGHTHL
LIGHTHR
LIGHTRL
LIGHTRR
LPLATE
MIRRORL
MIRRORR
MUDFLPS
RFRACK
ROLLBR1
ROLLBR2
SKID
SNORKEL
SPARE
SPARE2
STEPS
SUPPORT
UNDBODY
VISOR
WINCH
WIPERLT
WIPERRR
WIPERRT
XHAUST
TIRE
WHEEL

I hope that helps ya.

It is only as hard as you make it. Go to Top of Page

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:04:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
They were named that but it still gives me that error, and now it says that the c simple model file is corrupt.

Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
They were named that but it still gives me that error, and now it says that the c simple model file is corrupt.

Hmmmm....dunno what that is. If you want to send me the art, model, and truck folders unpodded and I will see what I can figure out.

MudBoggClod

USA
170 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  7:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Send MudBoggClod a Yahoo! Message  Send MudBoggClod an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
when u get a corrupt model error try re-exporting. usualy when u get that error its because someting is sersouly messed up in the smf. eather by accedent or something else.

What will i pick, Rock Paper or Sissors, U DONT KNOW!!! Go to Top of Page

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  7:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I can't even get it in zmod without it saying that zmod has encountered an error and that it must close.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  7:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Your best bet would be to follow CJ's advice and send him the bits and pieces for closer inspection. That's what I do in MTM2 when someone asks for truck-making help and has a stubborn problem.

It's hard to tell what wrong with a truck over the internet. Some problems require close-up hands on detective work.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" - Henry Ford Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  7:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I have had that happen with z-mod. Not sure how this happens but I have fixed it by renaming everything in the smf to what you see in red below then you should be able to open it in z-mod.
C3DModel
BumperR
v1
1.000000,0.500000,0.545981,0,0,null
"null.TIF"

It is only as hard as you make it.

Edited by - CJ~Abuzer on Apr 26 2005 7:53:34 PM Go to Top of Page

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  10:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I'll try that when I get home from school in about 2 and a half hours.

Go to Top of Page

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  1:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
That didn't work. Oh well, I am just going to scrap that truck and rebuild it.

Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 27 2005 :  4:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
The offer still stands to send it to me, maybe I an salvage it.

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  10:48:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks for the offer but, I rebuilt it and it is better than it was. I think I saved it too many times.

Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  2:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Saved it too many times?? I don't think that is possible. In the future you might want to make a backup and then when you save, alternate the two saves. One time save on (smfname1).smf then your next save save on (smfname2).smf. It is always good to keep a backup, even if it is a truck you can throw together in a couple of hours.

Ram_Man350

USA
263 Posts
Posted - Apr 28 2005 :  3:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Ram_Man350 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks for the tip. I will do that next time I make a truck.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Parts aren't available Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page