Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/19/2017   12:54:38 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Truck Making Q&A
 Clear Window Tutorial with Z-mod V1.07 56K WARNIN
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Clear Window Tutorial with Z-mod V1.07 56K WARNIN Next Topic  
Psycho_Auzzy
Test Driver

USA
1373 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  9:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Psycho_Auzzy a Yahoo! Message  Send Psycho_Auzzy an instant message  Reply with Quote
Hey Yall,

thought I would post this sense there are so many questions on this topic. I have made this simple tutorial to help explaing the Clear Window theory for the game

Step 1. Hide Everything by clicking the HIDE ALL Button on the objects toolbar

Its right here:

'If you dont have it out go to: VIEW> FLOAT BARS> OBJECTS

Step 2: After that, Select your glass

(If its facing outward it should be labeled GlassE if its facing inward, It should be labeled GlassI)

Step 3: After your glass has appeared, select the dotted line boxs , it should be near the little red circle and one of them is by a dotted circle.

(If you dont have either out go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > MAIN TOOLBAR for the one next to the red circle. For the other one, you need to go to VIEW > TOOLBARS > VIEW EASY TOOLS)

Step 4: after you have chosen those two boxes, click on the glass. It should have little red dots in the middle of the faces.

Step 5: Now, left click somewhere on the right side, front side, or whatever you prefer besides the 3D view and drag your cursor, it should make a dotted line box like so:

Now, Let off the left mouse clicker, and the whole thing should turn red like so:

Step 6: Now, head up to the up by View and all them.

Step 7: Click Plugins and scroll down to FCE Custom Settings then a box should appear with a bunch of white little boxes. Look for a little white box with the word Semitransparent

Then click the little white box next to the word, there shoudl now be a little check mark next to it.

Step 8: Now click apply, and do the same for both glass pbjects ( GlassE and GlassI) and your glass hsould look like this:

size=5]Hope this helped some of you![[/size=5]

---------P.A.C.---------

Psychotic Auzzy Customs

Official Jeep Parts Sanctum..

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  9:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Nice tut Auzzie.

Let me add a few things though.

This tut above is only to make the glass clear in zmod, and in zmod only.

In order to make your glass transparent for the game, open the .smf file in word pad, on the line that you see that is similar to this...

GlassE
v1
1.000000,0.500000,0.545981,0,1,484x.tif
"484x_bump.tif".

See the two numbers just before the 484x.tif, the one that is represented by a zero above controls the transparency of that part(0=no transparency, 1=transparency)

The second number is the part shinyness(0=no shine, 1=shine)

so just change that text to

GlassE
v1
1.000000,0.500000,0.545981,1,1,484x.tif
"484x_bump.tif"

and your windows will be clear in game.

*NOTE* Your tif names in your .smf file will be different than the ones listed above.

Also, somewhere in between step 3 and 4 you need to change to face mode.

A painting in a museum hears more ridiculous opinions than anything else in the world.-Edmond de Concourt (1822 - 1896)

Edited by - CJ~Abuzer on Nov 15 2005 9:45:45 PM Go to Top of Page

Psycho_Auzzy
Test Driver

USA
1373 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  10:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Psycho_Auzzy a Yahoo! Message  Send Psycho_Auzzy an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
OOh yeah lol sorry, but if you do this in z-mod, it will also change the numbers in the SMF I found out.

---------P.A.C.---------

Psychotic Auzzy Customs

Official Jeep Parts Sanctum.. Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  10:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

it will also change the numbers in the SMF I found out.

Well, whaddaya know. I never realized that.

A painting in a museum hears more ridiculous opinions than anything else in the world.-Edmond de Concourt (1822 - 1896)

Edited by - CJ~Abuzer on Nov 15 2005 10:20:11 PM Go to Top of Page

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  11:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
thank you soooo much man!!!! it helped me a TON!

Head of FC and TMC. Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Dec 11 2005 :  12:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks for posting it. The sad thing is I was looking every where for just this and finally about a week ago I could understand it all and now this is here!! Why! lol. Well Good Job

Marry Christmas! Hope you enjoy winter break and new year eve/day! Go to Top of Page

Tungsten

12 Posts
Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  3:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Doesn't anybody use the 4x4 Editor?

Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  3:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
No

-Abuzed Rigs Please take my sarcasm lightly, for I am a smart donkey. Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Clear Window Tutorial with Z-mod V1.07 56K WARNIN Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page