Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/11/2017   9:35:58 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?
 Forums Page
 Tournament and Web Site Announcements
 My site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic My site  Next PageNext Topic  
Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I just want to let ya know about my site. Its has DLs, pictures, and lots more!!

The site wouldn't let me upload any thing but pictures and I have no money to spend on a site that can host all my tracks but thanks to FordLord I can he gave me some advice . Please take a visit thanks.

www.LukethedudeDesigns.piczo.com

Those who say it cant be done shouldn’t interrupt the person doing it.

Edited by - Lukethedude on Apr 20 2006 1:25:04 PM

E2o~Evil

USA
478 Posts
Posted - Jan 08 2006 :  6:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Send E2o~Evil a Yahoo! Message  Send E2o~Evil an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
man your gonna kill Kc's Band width.

http://e2o0.tripod.com/ "If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade, and try to find someone that there life is giving them vodka and have a party." - Ron White Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  06:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
SSSHHHH. no j/k you have to be a member. The links take you to the review page so you cant DL them without being a member.

Those who say it cant be done shouldn’t interrupt the person doing it. Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  08:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Linking to a review topics is fine.
It would do no good to direct link to files here anyway.
You won't get them.
All you would get is an error page because the Referer tag would not say vales.com ;-}

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬ Go to Top of Page

BashawBrothers
Gadget & Blaster

USA
1454 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  10:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit BashawBrothers's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's a very nice site, Luke.

"When all else fails, look at the instruction manual." - G&B Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  2:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks bros and KC any chance we could work some thing out. Because Im 13 had 20 dollars and thats it. With all these tracks they are over 100 MBs atogether! Please

Those who say it cant be done shouldn’t interrupt the person doing it. Go to Top of Page

E2o~Evil

USA
478 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  2:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Send E2o~Evil a Yahoo! Message  Send E2o~Evil an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Oh ok ya i forgot. about the login stuff.

http://e2o0.tripod.com/ "If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade, and try to find someone that there life is giving them vodka and have a party." - Ron White Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  08:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Thanks bros and KC any chance we could work some thing out.

Well Luke, I am certainly not going to open a hole in my server side security to allow unlimited un-monitored free downloads on my dime from your free web server if that is what you are asking.

You have $10.
I have paid $100 a month, month in and month out, for 8 years now.
I can't pay your way to host files too other than the free hosting you already get here.
Sorry.
Good luck with the site though.

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬ Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  2:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

I am certainly not going to open a hole in my server side security to allow unlimited un-monitored free downloads on my dime from your free web server if that is what you are asking.

What about your nickel? lol j/k well all I got is 20 dollars now. Why did ya ask if I had 10 dollars? You mea I would pay 10 dollars a month or something?

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  5:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
hey Luke, email me and i can tell you a free way to host files, or we could discuss it in here, ill be back in like 20 mins

Head Of FC Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  05:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Ok but I seemed to be gone for 10 hours lol.

My Tracks My FMS site Go to Top of Page

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Ok but I seemed to be gone for 10 hours lol.

My Tracks My FMS site

lol, anyways, heres what you could do:
1: create multiple free webs accounts
2: host the files you are gonna use on your site there
3: insted of using them as multiple sites to download your tracks, just make a link to the file (e.g. freewebs.com/lukethedudetracks1/tellico_trails.zip)

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  2:13:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Ok but how many free weds acconts do you get and how many MBs can each hold? BTW e-mail if you found the code on my site.

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  2:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Ok but how many free weds acconts do you get and how many MBs can each hold? BTW e-mail if you found the code on my site.

My Tracks My FMS site

you can make unlimited free webs accounts, and you normally get 38 megs or more (its not a set number, one of my site is 38, another is 45, so its pretty much a random meg number)

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  05:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Site address changed

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
1: create multiple free webs accounts
2: host the files you are gonna use on your site there
3: insted of using them as multiple sites to download your tracks, just make a link to the file (e.g. freewebs.com/lukethedudetracks1/tellico_trails.zip)

Most of the free hosting sites I have seen will not let you direct link to files on their server from other sites. The few that do I've seen only allow small files (less than one meg). You have to actually visit the page on those sites to download from them.

Plus, a lot of those hosts will delete your site if you don't log into them at least once every 30-60 days...That's how my last scrapyard was lost.

if you know of a free hosting site where you can do this, please mention it.

--> Click HERE for my EVO2 truck selection Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  3:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
BigDoGGe I will check in my freewebs accounts every 2 weeks. 40 MBs each and I can direct link them to my site (www.LukethedudeDesigns.piczo.com) you go see for your self Thanks for the 30-60 days thing tho got to be carefull.

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  4:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
From the Freewebs.com FAQs page:

quote:

Q: Can I hotlink images? Can I put Images or files on my Freewebs account and have them available from other sites?

A: Hotlinking means storing an image on one web account and linking directly to it from another website. This is also referred to as Image hosting. Some users wish to have their images available to link to from other webpages such as eBay or from their discussion boards. Freewebs prevents this type of use as our primary purpose is to provide web hosting. However, for those users who do wish to use Freewebs as an image host as well, we have made available Webzoom which will permit your files to be hotlinked and will also increase their bandwidth speed. You can sign up for Webzoom from your Premium Services area after logging into your Freewebs account.

From that, I can assume that you have to have a premium paid site in order to direct-link (hotlink) to files and/or images. Once they discover what you are doing, they may shut your freewebs site down.

Hosts like freewebs makes their money by the ads they put at the top and/or bottom of your website. Hotlinking means that people don't actually visit your free site and see the ads, so most free hosts will not allow them.

What you may have to do is send people from your main site to the one with the downloads on it, rather then just put download links on the main site. It will be similar to sending people to Vales for the files, except they won't have to register first to D/L.

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
BD: i can direct link to files on my freewebs account ( like this pic of my Nylint R/C )

PS. im still learning how to use hyperlinks

"If your so funny, why am I not laughing?" (Me)

Edited by - FordLord on Apr 20 2006 5:50:10 PM Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  6:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
That would suck I got to try to cover it up lol. BTW any one knows where I can find a free hoster? thanks. And BD you and some admins need to go to the link page lol lots of new ones you guys never looks at

AJ2VM

USA
180 Posts
Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  6:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Send AJ2VM a Yahoo! Message  Send AJ2VM an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I did a google for "Free File hosting" and got this:
http://www.filefactory.com/
500 free megs, good enough?

"But my lips hurt real bad!"
-Napolean Dynamite Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  1:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Woa..thanks bro I'll start uploading my tracks there and hopefully I will get done before Freewebs finds out lol

EDIT: Darn I looked at it and I saw if no one DLs your file in 15 days it will get deteled thanks anyways!

My Tracks My FMS site

Edited by - Lukethedude on Apr 21 2006 1:38:27 PM Go to Top of Page

AJ2VM

USA
180 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  1:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Send AJ2VM a Yahoo! Message  Send AJ2VM an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
you mean no-one? Just downlod it yourself every 15 or 14 days, unless someone else has, and they won't even know it's you

"But my lips hurt real bad!"
-Napolean Dynamite Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  2:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
AJ2VM: "you mean no-one? Just downlod it yourself every 15 or 14 days, unless someone else has, and they won't even know it's you"

So every 2 weeks you have to download every file you offer on your site? Not practical.

quote:
FordLord: "BD, i can direct link to files on my freewebs" account

I didn't say you couldn't. I just stated that doing so isn't allowed according to their terms of use, and once they find out you are hotlinking files they will delete your website without notice.

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  2:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
That would suck how would they find out? BTW AJ2VM if I DLed all my files every 2 weeks that would be like 2 a day if I uploaded them all on different days. Theres not eungh time but I would have to if freewebs bans me.

FordLord
PTTM Designer

USA
1279 Posts
Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  6:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Send FordLord an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
ive been hotlinking files for years and they havnt deleted any of my accounts

"If your so funny, why am I not laughing?" (Me) Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  04:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thats cool so I dont need to hurry. Just post a place were I can host all my tracks at once, that would take about 100 MBs.

Nick_RG

USA
634 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  2:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nick_RG's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Maybe this is what you prefer:
1. savefile.com it has a very fast server like 200kb/sec but 30 day deletion limit.

2. bestsharing.com a pretty fast server like 90-120kb/sec but it also has a 60 deletion limit if you list it.

Good enough?

Now, freewebs does allow you to hyperlink to your OWN files. Just type in something, highlight it, press "Hyberlink" at the top. Then Press "Make a link to my image", "Make a link to one of my fles", etc.

Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  5:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks but I have already found one. I thinks its fileben.com

Chris W

USA
348 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  5:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris W's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
erm they would find out if someone like meself decided to send them a email with proof. Being a host myself I know how much bandwidth and other goodies cost. Hotlinking when your not allowed to is basic Bandwidth theft, and is against the law in many countries.

quote:
Thanks but I have already found one. I thinks its fileben.com

pffft I can give you that + for that 5$ of that 20 you got ( A MONTH ) ( Offer only open to Luke.. I like his tracks )

[URL=http://vales.com/evo2/Evo2tracks.asp?daySince=11%2F06%2F2001&Type2=0&Type1=0&inputsort=d&search=Chris+W&ULNum=10179&ULName=Chris+W&save=0]My Tracks for evo2[/URL]
[URL=http://teamdtr.org/images/davestrack.png]Upcoming track e1 Track[/URL] Go to Top of Page

Lukethedude
Track Designer

USA
2289 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  04:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lukethedude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

pffft I can give you that + for that 5$ of that 20 you got ( A MONTH ) ( Offer only open to Luke.. I like his tracks )

Thanks but I dont 100% understand the offer. Can you please try to explain it a little more? Thanks bro BTW I need a test drive or two for *Tellico Trails*

My Tracks My FMS site

Edited by - Lukethedude on Apr 24 2006 05:01:33 AM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic My site  Next PageNext Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page