For some reason there has been a rash of people uploading Bitmap images when that is clearly not allowed, and for good reason.
What is the Bitmap (.bmp) Picture Image Format?
It is an old outdated picture format that makes 10 to 15 times larger file sizes to save the same picture than the Jpeg (.jpg) picture format needs to save the exact same picture file.
Don't use them here.
How do I make a .jpg picture file?
For you Mac guys, the extent of the help I can give you is your Mac Forum.
You guys work it out because I just can't help you.
PC guys, no excuse!
If you don't have a Real Paint Program, get the free non-expiring demo of Paint Shop Pro 4.12 and install it.
I have been using it for all my paint program needs for years.
Since most every screenshot you want to display in a post here involves in-game shots, here is how you do it properly:
1. Start PSP and minimize it to the start bar.
2. Start Evo and do your thing.
3. When you see that perfect shot you want to save, hit your Print Screen key.
This will copy an image of your current screen onto the Windows Clipboard.
Every time you hit Print Screen, it will overwrite the previous image to the Clipboard.
4. When you think you have the Perfect Shot on the Clipboard, press ALT-TAB. This will pause Evo and give you a box to "Switch Programs", click the Paint Shop Pro icon on it.
PSP will then open.
5. After you click the "Continue Demo" button and PSP is up, simply press CTRL-V to paste you clipboard contents in as a new image.
6. From there it's easy, use the Selection tool to select the portion of the entire screenshot you want to use, press CTRL-C (for copy) and then CTRL-V (for paste) and you have a new image of your cutout.
Click the IMAGE menu link and select RESAMPLE.
Set the checkbox for "maintain aspect ratio" on, and put 640 in the first size box (width) and hit tab (so it changes the height properly itself in the next box).
7. You now have a 640 pixel wide image. Click FILE/Save As and in the Format selection, select the ".JPG - .JPEG JIFF Compliant" file format option, give the image a name, and save it.
That is it!
Once you do it a couple of times you will find it mindlessly easy to do.
Didn't get the shot you wanted?
ALT-TAB (or click from the start bar) EVO2 again, and the game will come right back up and you can do it again.
There is no limit that I know of for how many pictures you can have open in PSP so you can do this again and again until you get that killer shot, cut it out, resample and save it.
thought he was wrong once, turns out he was mistaken.