Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/18/2017   12:18:46 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Vehicle Downloading, Details and Reviews
 Daytona Shelby LSR by Turbo & BigDogge
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Daytona Shelby LSR by Turbo & BigDogge Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  04:42:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: Daytona Shelby LSR
Author: Turbo & BigDogge
Class: Replica Car. File Size: 1185884
Status: OKed for use by Admin Downloads: 43 ID: 3024 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
In-game Location: Class: 0 Career under INFINITI and in custom mode.

Daytona Shelby LSR (Land Speed Record)
------------------

Original Daytona model by kcendra for nfs4.

Extensive model modifications for LSR version, new textures and wheel models by BigDOGGe.

NFS4->EVO2 conversion of original model, .trk file, lights and podding by Turbo.

update record:
--------------
8-5-07 - taillights fixed

8-6-07 - Cockpit view fixed, traction/gearing tweaked, tire quality improved - 8-6-07

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !
Review This Vehicle!!!

Uploaded by: Turbo

KC~mega_killer_swe

Sweden
294 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  05:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC~mega_killer_swe's Homepage
Very nice work guys this is one of the most good looking car so far

Whats worse then seeing my back? Eating the dust i leave behind
Go to Top of Page

crash_245

USA
250 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  09:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit crash_245's Homepage  Send crash_245 an instant message
wow i heard about this one in the truck request thread and it looks pretty cool, nice drag chute

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - i am 2KR*P*Grinder! Go to Top of Page

JaGz

Canada
357 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  11:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit JaGz's Homepage
Wow! pretty well detailed! The wheels and tires could have been a bit more detailed though... but overall a nice car!

(oversized sig image removed - 200x50 pixels maximum) Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  12:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Appreciate the comments everyone. I don't know what other details the tires needed, but the real car runs on high-speed slicks on the slat flats, so the tires on this car don't have treads either.

Here's some BEFORE/AFTER photos of the project to make the new Salt Flats replica from the original...(the red car is the "before" model).

The real car:

Click here for BigDOGGe's custom trucks Go to Top of Page

FordFanatic

USA
487 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  12:38:20 PM  Show Profile
looks sweet.

Rock'n'Roll ain't noise pollution Go to Top of Page

lime
The Vault Master

USA
2270 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  2:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit lime's Homepage
niccceee

i feel like running into something (5 secs later) you see a 70 story buildin down oops (then see a puff of smoke out of here) and screams it wasn't me...... Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  5:32:54 PM  Show Profile
I had to fix the lights a bit, Turbo. Only 2 of the tail lights worked, as one pair of textures overlapped the other pair)...

...and I removed the light textures positioned below the headlights because those are just plastic or metal covers sealing the original driving-lights openings in the body. See pic...

All in all, excellent job with the .TRK file. She handle's great.

Turbo
King of Conversions

USA
1569 Posts
Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  5:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Turbo's Homepage  Send Turbo a Yahoo! Message
Thanks BigD i really apeciate all your great work on this.You and I have been haunting these forums for a long time,its about time we done one together granted you done most of the work but i enjoyed this joint venture again i thank you.
Turbo

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  11:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
This is so awesome guys! It has finally happened. The interior is much more than I could have hoped for! I have downloaded it already and tried it out. Handles excellent too.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!

Edited by - upretirementman on Aug 06 2007 12:04:44 PM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  12:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
For video of Garage view of this Cobra Daytona LSR: New Movie with changes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWRTNXGESXA

upretirementman

Edited by - upretirementman on Aug 06 2007 12:06:30 PM Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  02:47:36 AM  Show Profile

I fixed the can-see-the-road-through-the-hole-in-the-hood problem as reported by a member. I put a second panel inside the hood to make it appear as if you are seeing the back of the induction hood.

While I had the car "in the garage", I re-built the wheel/tires to improve their look (they appeared a bit wobbly before when rotating).

I also tweaked the torque and gearing so that it wouldn't spin it's tires so easily (though you can still spin them on pavement if desired). The gear ratio tweak boosted the top speed from 172 mph to 196 too.

Sorry for the re-uploads, but it makes for a superior car available for download in the end.

(Strange that EVO2 puts you in the center of the car for the cockpit view, even though nearly every EVO2 vehicle has the driver sitting on the left side. Possible another leftover from MTM2).

crash_245

USA
250 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  08:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit crash_245's Homepage  Send crash_245 an instant message
wow BD that's a beautiful hood view

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes. - i am 2KR*P*Grinder! Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  1:55:52 PM  Show Profile
If you want to see the dash, open the pod and find the section in the .TRK file where it says...

driverHead.initBPos
-1.35000,1.900000,-1.900000

...and change the last parameter so that it says....

driverHead.initBPos
-1.35000,1.900000,-4.300000

This will move your view position back so that you can see the dashboard, even though the gauges are non-functional and read zero like the car was parked (heh-heh). There's no way to shift the view position left to the left though.

Also, making this change will move the 3D driver model's head and torso towards the back of the car. External views of the car may look strange, with the driver sitting in the back of the car.

lime
The Vault Master

USA
2270 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  2:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit lime's Homepage
wow that view BD is ALSOMEEEEE

i feel like running into something (5 secs later) you see a 70 story buildin down oops (then see a puff of smoke out of here) and screams it wasn't me...... Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
I thought there was a view like 17 that gave the interior view from the drivers seat, but was not permanent because it changed the game specs, not the truck specs? This change still gives the center view, but just farther back. One of the other numbers should shift the view to the left.

Edited by - upretirementman on Aug 06 2007 6:19:09 PM Go to Top of Page

Thecamarodude

USA
636 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thecamarodude's Homepage  Send Thecamarodude an instant message
Oh sick I saw this on Speed channel once and I always wanted to drive one and now I can!
Just a random question: Do all the little gauges inside work? (Besides speedometer and tachometer)

I am WRS~VP~Suburban! (on evo 2 online) I am also Officer James on evo 2 online Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  7:02:32 PM  Show Profile
I guess there is a driver's seat view I was unaware of. This is good to know. Much appreciated.

Testing reveals to me these camera views (those listed as CAM are looking forward or outside, while those labeled VIEW are looking at the car)

1 forward cam
2 left door cam (looking forward)
3 roof cam
4 blimp cam
5 rear view
6 rear view (far)
7 left-front tire cam
8 left door cam (looking back)
9 trackside race cam
10 Front view
11 left side view
12 right side view
13 forward cam (sometime hood view?)
14 (invalid - crashes game)
15 high-altitude aircraft view
16 rear view (near)
17 driver's seat cam <--Well, how about that?
18 front view (near)

But the driver doesn't quite fit the cramp cockpit of the car very well. The steering wheel is held too low and is so far forward it actually sits behind the dash, and he's a bit wide in the seat too.

The only way to fix that would be to scale the car up, but then it would be too large to match the scale of the other vehicles and the driver. I'll leave it as-is.

Looks great though! Here's my in-car view, with the driver repositioned backwards slightly to make the wheel clear the dash...

...That bar overhead could be shifted to the left a bit...

And no, the gauges don't work. They just look real enough to do so.

But now that I know that the Autometer gauges are this visible, I will have to move the needles to more appropriate "in operation" positions. And I may have to move that pesty bar...

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  7:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
When I was trying out the various numbers of the three drivers head positions, I noticed that it wouldn't work unless I changed the numbers on both sets of these numbers.

My settings for this interior view is
-4.350000,1.750000,-3.900000

Now are there two sets of the camera view numbers also and that both would have to be changed?

Are there some changes that need to be made in order for the rear view mirror to display behind you and not up in the sky?

This Daytona easily runs up to the indicated 160 mph almost instantly, but this Daytona LSR will go faster than that. What we need is a new track called Salt Flats that has a built in driving range for high speed runs that times the Daytona over the distance and gives you the actual speed at the end! Anyone willing to give it a try?

Edited by - upretirementman on Aug 07 2007 8:16:24 PM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  9:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Here is my view with view set to 17.
Also other three set as follows:

-1.350000,1.750000,-2.200000

It is just a little hard to see ahead if the ground slopes down. On level ground you can see just fine. You may want to change middle number (head up/down) to higher number but not over 1.900000 (original number) or you won't see the dash gauges as well.

I changed the middle number back to original 1.900000 and raced again. This is so much fun to drive! But it seems to me that the springs are way too soft. I just bounce around so much, just like riding in a Cady! Just my opinion.

Edited by - upretirementman on Aug 07 2007 10:29:19 PM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  2:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Here's my view after changing the center number ( the height of the head ) to:

-1.35000,1.900000,-2.200000

Of course the ingame speedometer and Tachometer are located on the far left of the screen ( out the window ).

This setup is so cool because you have vision out the side window and the front windshield view also at the same time.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right! Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
BigDogge

I just read that the rear gear ratio is 2.73.
Latest news is that the engine sucked a head gasket and spit it out the exhaust!
A little more work will be required now.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right! Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  1:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Ah well. Metal gaskets may be the way to go.

The gear ratio sounds about right for speed records, but it would be too high a gear for track racing as is done in the game. You could always mod a "speed record" version with that tall gearing for your own high-speed-run use if that's what you what to do with it.

Best of luck to the Daytona LSR team!

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  2:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
The car is ready for the 2008 land speed record attempt! Here is a photo taken last October 3 2007 at Bonneville.

Modified from last year:

This year will be Aug. 18-24 and Oct 8-11.

Advanced planning.

Looking at http://www.bonnevilleracing.com/index.asp

to find the 2008 season schedule.

Look at http://www.speedace.info/bonneville_speed_week.htm

Maybe
http://www.scta-bni.org/

yes, see http://www.scta-bni.org/SCTA-NewWeb/Events.html

Speed Week
Aug 18-24
Inspection - Sunday Aug 17

World Finals
Oct 8-11

FFR 65 Coupe will be there again.
Car 946 owned by SoFast Racing of Albany , OR (Farra Snook)

Larry N Johnson ( perhaps the driver) says:

"Come on over and watch a new speed record attempt!
Who can join me this year? ( All alone the last two years )

For a movie of Bonneville's history:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eixUJA-scBU

BTW the rear window cover is missing because it blew off on one of the runs!

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 11 2008 3:04:34 PM

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 14 2008 06:40:05 AM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Dec 03 2010 :  7:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
The Salt Flats Land Speed Record attempt is finished and has prevailed and broke the record!

http://www.youtube.com/v/2DNSYQCI8uA?fs=1&hl=en_US">

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

lukita4x4evo2
New Visitor

Argentina
0 Posts
Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  08:42:36 AM  Show Profile
Form Review:
Did you actually Download and Try This File? NO
Did it Work for You? I DID NOT TRY IT!
In Can be found In Game As:Class:4x4 Make:jeep Name:cj5
Is it in a .POD format? I DID NOT TRY IT!
Is it a Career Vehicle? I DID NOT TRY IT!
Your Rating? I DID NOT CHOOSE TO RATE THIS.

Comments:

Pic or Topic Link:

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
589 Posts
Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  9:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage
This is one of the best vehicles for 4x4 Evo 2! Awesome work!

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Daytona Shelby LSR by Turbo & BigDogge Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page