Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   7/23/2017   9:45:11 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 KC's Evo 2 Place Announcements
 Forum Rules and General Overview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Forum Rules and General Overview Next Topic  
KC
part-time raconteur

11716 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2002 :  11:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings and Welcome to KC’s Evo2 Place.

The general rule here is that this is a private forum, and you are a guest in my “house”.
Simply treating my other guests and the “house” itself with some respect, and following some simple posting guidelines, is all that is required to make this a fun and easy place to enhance your enjoyment of 4x4 Evolution 2 and this community.

For the people that are new to Advanced On-line Forum/File Hosting Sites like this and/or are still working with pre-adolescent social skills, I have outlined the do’s and don’t below.

About Registering:
New Visitors will need to register here from the link above AFTER you have read this entire post.
I highly recommend you do not use team affiliations in your name. Team affiliations change, and you may find yourself stuck with an undesirable name, and registering multiple accounts will result in your loss of download ability, and a possible ban!
User names CAN be changed, but ask only if absolutely necessary, and via the CONTACT form.

Let me repeat that.

Registering multiple accounts will result
in your loss of download ability, and a possible ban!

This site has an expanded User Profile page.
If you wish to use a personal Signature Image on this site, you can upload it from your Profile page.
Signature images MUST be uploaded here to use, you can NOT use linked images in your signature at all, including the sig images from any previous Forum.
Images must be in a .gif or .jpg format, and NO TALLER THAN 50 PIXELS!
This is strictly enforced.
For width, shoot for 100 pixels max width, but never more than 200.
If you do not have a Paint Program, you can download Paint Shop Pro.
It is a handy, free paint program you can use.

Posting in the Forums and Chat
There are multiple forums here for posting comments and asking questions.
This is a G-Rated site.
Anything that would not be fit for a Sunday School Blackboard is forbidden here.
Only the “Tailgate Party” forum is for general and off-topic chat.
Feel free to talk about most any subject there.
The “Forum Talk” forum is a Private area for Mod’s to discuss site business and is closed to the general public.

The “Details and Reviews” forums are special forums with special features to provide more information about Tracks and Trucks here.
Topics in this forum cannot be started by the public.
The Topics in the Detail and Review forum are generated dynamically on-the-fly from the files database record with its “tag” record created upon file upload.
The Details and Review forums also have special rules regarding posting in them.
Be sure and read the "Reviw Forum Rules" topic in the Truck Details and Reviews section for important rules and how they affect what is allowed to be posted in Review forums.

The “Tr?ck Making Q&A” forums are where you to post/find help specifically about Making files only.
The “Tournament and Web Site Announcements” forum is a place to share input on Tourneys and your web site.
The “Technical Problems Q&A” forum is the place to find answers about anything that does not work, be it the game, this site, or your computer.
The “Forum Testing” forum is a place to make test posts.
Please clean up after yourself here by deleting your posts when done.
This “Announcements” forum is where I post important information. If there is a new post here, read it.

The “Tailgate Party Live” chat is a Flash based IRC chat room.
For now, clicking Chat will put you in if you allow the Java App to load.
It is also possible to enter through your own IRC app, contact KC for info regarding direct access, but understand that with the Forum, live chat is seldom used.

For ALL forums these rules apply:
No foul language or personal attacks, take your personal problems with someone to e-mail.
The forums are not a Chat room. Do treat them as such with back and forth personal chats with someone; use the Chat Room for that.
Useless posts made simply to increase your post count are extensively discouraged and will be deleted!
Posting useless one line flippant posts will result in two posts counts removed for each single offence.
If you have a question, use the Forum Search first!
Chances are your question has been answered, and the need for a new topic is a waste of precious resources.

File Downloads
This site is more than just a File Hosting Service, and the Files Uploaded to this server by members were not created by the authors of this site.
The main Track and Truck download pages have sorting abilities and default to the newest OK'ed files first.
Clicking a files name will open the DL pop-up.
To Sort the Downloads Page, click the Sort Options link above the listings.

New members are allowed 2 file downloads a day.
This is due to the fact many people have created multiple accounts regardless of the number of free download a day, even when it was 15.
This makes it harder for them to cheat.

Normal users that have been around for a 2 to3 Months, have not cheated by making multiple accounts, and have contributed back to the site with Informative Reviews of some of the files they download here, will get 4 downloads per day as a "good member" of this community automatically credited.

Any attempt to create multiple accounts to circumvent this limit will result in your permanent ban from this site.
The Detail and Review Topic for a given file is linked with the icon if a Review exists in the Status.
All new Uploads will have a Review.
Also in the Status column is the current status of a file.
The Status of a given file is displayed using the folling Icons:

The “OK'ed by a Site Administrator” icon indicates the
upload is deemed to be working and fit for use in 4x4 Evolution 2.

Files NOT OK'ed with a status listed below should be used at your own risk!

The “New Upload” icon is the default status of all new uploads and indicates it has not been
tested.

The “Text Edited” icon indicates the Author has changed some information about his listing such as a new picture or the text description but not the file itself, and an Administrator has not reviewed the changes.

The “File Edited” icon indicates the Author has uploaded a newer or “fixed” version of a previous upload and an Administrator has not reviewed the changes.
NOTE: File fixes should NEVER be uploaded as a new File Listing Upload here!
The “File Locked” icon indicates that either the Author or a Site Administrator has deemed
this file unusable and removed it's download link.

The “File Trashed” icon indicates that either the Author or a Site Administrator has selected this file to be completely removed from the server, including it's Forum Review Topic.

File Uploading
Uploaders, be sure and read ALL of the instructions on the Upload Page!
I expect ALL uploaded files to have a complete Description made. There is no excuse for not doing this!
I also expect all Trucks to have a picture uploaded as well.
If you are not the original Author of a File, do NOT upload it without the author’s permission, and then be sure to change the Author name in the upload form.
Do NOT put your name as the author of work you did not make! Doing so will result in the loss of your ability to upload in the future.

The file format here allows for a greatly expanded TYPE listing of your file.
Please be as accurate as possible selecting these.
After a file is uploaded, you will be direct to the Review page for your file.
Open your review and check it for errors.
Also take this time to create a reply if there is anything else you wish to add about your file.
You can NOT edit the Topic of your review directly.
If these is incorrect or incomplete information, go back to the main Tr?cks page, you will find that you have a full set of edit icons to the far right for each file you upload.
This is NOT determined by the Name in the Author field. It is tied to your user account. Regardless of the Author name listed, only you the uploader and mods can edit this listing.

In the event you must update your file, use the Edit with File function to upload a new file.
DO NOT upload a new listing!
If you simply need to change the pic or some other info, use the Edit Text function.

I fully expect all uploaders to take care of their listings and make sure the file works and all information is correct.

(phweee!)
Yes, that is a lot to absorb.
But once you mosey around the forums and get a few Tracks and Trucks, I think you will find this site an easy to use, friendly and helpful place.

No beanies or babies harmed in the manufacture of this post.

KC
part-time raconteur

11716 Posts
Posted - Aug 29 2003 :  12:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It is always good to bump the rules page up in active topics.

Those that read the Forums and contribute to the community get a bit more than those that simply pound the Download pages and never contribute.

Read the DOWNLOADS section above ;-}

Sometimes I wake up grumpy; other times I just let her sleep. Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11716 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Just an update.
If you look at the post dates above it's been about 3 years since I bumped this Rules Page to Active Topics.

You can't reply here and I rarely use this space myself, but a lot of people have come and gone in the last few years so I thought I should at least make this topic active again.

Although I have to be pretty specific with rules about how you upload content like files and pictures here so it fits the system, the basic 2 rules are simple.

Rule #1 One free membership per household per site on vales.com, if you need more buy a $5 membership from the KC's Store page.

Rule #2 Be nice and understand that there are little kids from all over the world here.
There are also many teens, "tweens" and adults here.
To make this a pleasnt place for all to enjoy, keep your posts and uploads here in a fashion that even an overprotective mother of an 11 year old would let there kid use this site.

www on the internet stands for Whatever We Want around here. Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Forum Rules and General Overview Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page