Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/23/2017   10:05:47 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Track Downloading, Details and Reviews
 Mountain Leaves by upretirementman
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Mountain Leaves by upretirementman Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  8:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: Mountain Leaves
Author: upretirementman
Track Type: Circut in the Mountains. File Size: 7100999
Status: OKed for use by Admin Downloads: 46 ID: 1159 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
It is with great pleasure I am presenting my first track here for your enjoyment. Hopefully, it is without many errors and useable.

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !

Uploaded by: upretirementman

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  10:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Here's another track photo taken at the starting line:

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  11:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Egads! Are you actually going to give me a reason to re-install the game? I'm fascinated.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits -- Albert Einstein Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  11:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Yes! Yes, Just try it!

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Here's a teaser photo! Look closely at the top of the photo....

RageFit

563 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Pretty nice track for a first one.
The only thing I didn't like so much was how some of the corners were a bit rough, but I tested it in a rally car that I'm working on. I think in a bigger truck it would be fine

Go to Top of Page

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:40:58 PM  Show Profile
very nice track! the high water lvls remind me of the movie waterworld. and look i found an oil spill :)

Two wrongs dont make a right, but two Wrights make a plane Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  5:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Didn't anyone read the MountainLeavesReadme yet? Seems there are two animated features on my track. Have you found them yet? Two of these screen shots have clues. Post your track pictures if you did.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile
I will have to play the track when there is more free time over here. But I was curious, what are the two files with a underscore in the name?

Go to Top of Page

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  7:26:33 PM  Show Profile
i didnt have those wheelsmoke i just had the 2 files in my zip

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Probably after you unzip it, there will be only two items left.
Before I zipped it up, there were only two:

The curves are rather sharp, but that was from the AUTUMN track ground textures. I tried to keep the track the same size as it, because I was unfamiliar with making a completely new track. I did try to smooth out the curves the best I could given the fact that the track had to be made from a mountain side.

This curve is quite difficult to take fast because of the short radiuses and uneven ground and so many track objects close to the track. It takes split second timing to do it well.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  02:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Abbyss, Do you happen to be using a mac as well?

Funny you would think a mac could see it's own files.

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  07:43:20 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
You are looking at the wrong file. That one you have there is the one with the dot underline at the beginning. This a hidden Mac File that tells the operating system the type of content is in the text file. Open the one without the dot underline. Turn off the feature that exposes the "Dot" files in the Windows Finder.

From the Mac Help window:

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out!

Edited by - upretirementman on Jan 28 2012 07:49:43 AM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  8:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
With over 12 downloads, I would think someone has seen something unusual on my track! Did anyone see my Ferrari 250 Testa Rosa body shell by the blue two story house near the school? Were you ever run off the road by the pizza delivery man or a school bus? Did you try running the AI? They should be working!

By the way, the lights on this jeep are not located on the body, but too far away.

Edited by - upretirementman on Jan 31 2012 11:29:59 AM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  4:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message

"Sir, Sir you cannot park there, it's reserved parking! Bad things happen to people parking in that spot too long... just wait and see!"

abbyss

USA
402 Posts
Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  5:04:37 PM  Show Profile
ive run this track a few times just in free roam and still couldnt find the secret stuff but i did see the ferarri body and i was hit by the school bus. you'd think theyd be more careful when transporting kids.

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  8:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
The "Secret Stuff" is not hidden at all, but is within 500 feet of the school. You have to do the thinking about how to access these features. Good luck!

Even if you do find these features, it doesn't mean you'll be successful!

Edited by - upretirementman on Jan 29 2012 8:53:31 PM Go to Top of Page

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  12:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message
Very nice first track indeed! I very much am jealous of all the tree types.

-I managed to get aboard the ship, and the invisible walls help a little in keeping you aboard, but eventually the truck tried resetting itself and I fell off, which is an Evo quirk thats unavoidable.
-You might move the covered bridge into the valley with the shallow water crossing.
-The AI got lost in the divided roadway section and couldn't get out from behind the guardrails. I suspect it won't always do that though.

"Hello people, would you like me to murder you? I'm an offroad enthusiast." Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  2:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Good! Someone went for a ride. I managed to ride it all the way yesterday, however I did jump off when I was coming down for a landing.

It appears that the size of your vehicle makes a difference too. You must not stay still for a moment, but move all the time or you will get knocked off. There seems to be a missing invisible guard rail on the left side so stay away from that edge if possible! Most trouble occurs when the ship makes a sudden turn too fast. Keep trying, you'll make it soon.

Edited by - upretirementman on Jan 30 2012 3:07:57 PM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message

"Roger that, a small ship just flew over my head and is landing inside the barricades. Tell that guy to get his truck out of there before it arrives!"

"Do you see him coming yet? Just passed me and will be landing shortly."

"Great, now back out of there quickly Sir, so I can attempt to board him now"

"Sir, do not attempt to push me off the boarding dock! It's about to take off now."

"I can't seem to find the exact boarding location. It's taking off without me!"

"It's picking up speed now, I'm right under the ship! I can't keep up with it!"

Edited by - upretirementman on Jan 30 2012 7:32:57 PM Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  6:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message

"I'll just have to try again next time it lands."

KC
part-time raconteur

11741 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  08:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage
Nice work UP. I haven't run it as this box I am on stinks but I can still spot nice detail work from good pics ;-}

My personal home page KCvale.com. Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  11:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Thank you so much! Appreciate the kind words. Hope you get to try it out soon.

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  12:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
I see now where I cannot take off on the small ship. I have the small ship taking off too low and the barricade in front of me knocks me off the ship. I used to have the ship take off straight up and not go through the barricade and that tree. Something else to fix.

Also on the big ship feature, the barricade that comes up and down does only one cycle and then stays up and you cannot get on the lift platform. I tried to go around to the other side and get on there, but as soon as the ship platform comes down, it will knock me through the whole thing and down below onto the ground. If you start again a new run, the barricade will be reset and do one complete cycle again.

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  6:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
I was wondering if I should make a new version: like "Mountain Leaves II" to upload a corrected version or just use the same name? What is the usual way of doing this?

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  9:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Just use the edit icon on it's download page to re-upload the track zip over the old copy. Be sure to note the update/changes in the track's description on it's review page.

I recommend you change the .ZIP file name and the .POD file name to identify them from the older buggy version before re-uploading. The track name can still appear in the game as "Mountain Leaves" without any issues.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits -- Albert Einstein Go to Top of Page

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  02:02:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I was wondering if I should make a new version: like "Mountain Leaves II" to upload

The way I usually did it with most of my tracks was to make nex tracks and add stuff on the existing maps.

First I made a huge landscape.
To this map I added some crazy offroad trail.
Then I usually made a race track on it.

Some times I made more than one offroad trail, and kept the old parts
except for the checkpoints of course.

So yea, I think maybe use this map to polish your skills and make alternative routes.

2-3 tracks on the same map should not be a problem to accomplish without it getting boring to make or to play.

[RCG]Balthazarô This game keeps getting better every day Go to Top of Page

BADJER777

USA
718 Posts
Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I finally run your track upretirementman.
Sorry it took so long, when you first uploaded it I tried to download it a few times and kept coming up with a download that was just short of working for some reason.
So I thought I would try downloading it again...I got a good download this time.

Your track is pretty good for a first track...what I liked, as a trackmaker myself, was the effort you put into shaping the banked turns. That takes considerable time to do.
I could not ride your spaceship as I kept falling off, but with more time I'll be able to.

I think you did a fine job and think you should make another one....this time make your own course.

It aint easy being easy Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  7:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you get a chance to ride the space ship all around the track. The landing is somewhat hard in that you may have to jump off the platform right before the ship lands as the rising lift is only one way up. The whole track had to be adjusted for proper altitude not only in the corners, but everywhere the road goes as well as all track objects. The current lift/ship design was not the first try either.

These days, I'm spending most of everyday working on the smf_import.py and the smf_export.py for the latest Blender 2.62.2 series. The ones for the Blender 2.49.2 series is working very well now. Perhaps I'll make a boxed DVD of everything you'd need to import/export smf files for both Mac and PC.

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 07 2012 7:57:33 PM Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
589 Posts
Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  9:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage
Awesome track. The jet rides are wild.

-4x4EvolutionFan

Edited by - 4x4EvolutionFan on Sep 01 2012 10:57:49 AM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Mountain Leaves by upretirementman Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page