Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/11/2017   9:34:26 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Track Downloading, Details and Reviews
 Rooski`s Eighty-8 by OOPS by OOPS;-)
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Rooski`s Eighty-8 by OOPS by OOPS;-) Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  06:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: Rooski`s Eighty-8 by OOPS
Author: OOPS;-)
Track Type: Circut that Varies in terrain. File Size: 4922383
Status: OKed for use by Admin Downloads: 21 ID: 1163 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
Description in post below

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !

Uploaded by: OOPS;-)

OOPS;-)
Track Creator

Netherlands
3143 Posts
Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  06:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit OOPS;-)'s Homepage
Eighty-8 Ninety-9 was the first MTM2 track I ever released, and it was basicly
a re-interpretation of an MTM1 track called "An Eighty-Eight" by a guy names "Rooski"...

Rooski only made 2 tracks back in 1997, both of them brilliant. The brilliance of
this track is it's perfect layout combined with altitudes. If there's any track
worthy of a remake it is definitly this one...

Because the first remake was the first MTM2 track I ever released, I thought it might
be a good idea to also retire with this track, but I better be carefull
with announcing such a thing ;-)

Have fun!

Edited by - OOPS;-) on Jan 09 2013 06:46:33 AM

Edited by - OOPS;-) on Jun 19 2013 2:13:44 PM Go to Top of Page

BADJER777

USA
718 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  02:34:12 AM  Show Profile
Been a while since I reviewed a track......OOPS this is my favorite of the last three uploaded. I like them all, but this one is the most fun for me. As always I love your texture work.
Got me thinking about finishing some tracks I started making long ago.......
Thanks for making these OOPS.

It aint easy being easy Go to Top of Page

OOPS;-)
Track Creator

Netherlands
3143 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  2:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit OOPS;-)'s Homepage
quote:
As always I love your texture work.
Got me thinking about finishing some tracks I started making long ago.......

Thanks! I'm always surprised when ppl like my texture work, 'cause to be honest I don't think they're that hard to make

http://vales.com/evo2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23363

As for those new tracks, bring them on bro! You always make fine tracks and we can use some new one's (although not many PPL seam to download them these days ;-) And please, steal my textures again ;-)

Now, is there someone who can "approve" my last three uploads BTW, I'm not sure how long they will be available if not "approved" ;-)

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  6:17:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Now, is there someone who can "approve" my last three uploads BTW,...

Nope. The sequester budget cuts forced Vales Inc. to "let go" our truck/track-testing moderators who were on government-supported payrolls. Sorry.

Because pensions, unemployment benefits and unfair termination lawsuits can be costly themselves, we had to choose a more drastic form of staff reduction...

Nice job with the track (approved, by the way). There's something about the old MTM2 tracks that make me prefer them.

I don't know why, but the more realistic companies try to make games, the less I enjoy them. I guess others feel the same since the Wii did so well with it's simpler hardware and game offerings, versus what Xbox360 and PS3 was selling.

Is realism replacing quality of gameplay, or is it just because I played V-games in the Space Invader/Missile Strike/Pacman days that I feel this way?

-> "The more real you get, the more unreal the world gets" - John Lennon Go to Top of Page

BADJER777

USA
718 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  10:38:09 PM  Show Profile
OOPS...don't think of it as stealing but as borrowing...

quote:
Is realism replacing quality of gameplay, or is it just because I played V-games in the Space Invader/Missile Strike/Pacman days that I feel this way?

No BigDOGGe....I think maybe you're just getting old......

It aint easy being easy Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2013 :  10:48:42 PM  Show Profile
Getting...?

-> "The more real you get, the more unreal the world gets" - John Lennon Go to Top of Page

OOPS;-)
Track Creator

Netherlands
3143 Posts
Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  01:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit OOPS;-)'s Homepage
I hear you about realistic not being so much fun as the old games ;-)

Less advanced just means you have to come up with better (more original) idea's IMO, and that always works. And we're not alone on this... Just look at the succes of the Wii for example. That console isn't really advanced at all, but a lot of fun to play with ;-) Not to mention all those games you can buy for tablets these days... Angry Birds is a good example of a simple idea working very well.

wich makes you wonder BTW, is 4x4evo2 something that could be ported to iOS and Android? (or just android LOL)

Good ridence BTW for the moderators BTW, lazy bunch anyway LOL

Edited by - OOPS;-) on Mar 10 2013 2:25:27 PM Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Mar 10 2013 :  4:13:53 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Angry Birds is a good example of a simple idea working very well.

Indeed! More evidence of my definition of a "fun" game meaning the simplier-looking ones. I play A-birds my PC even today. I've played all the versions including Bad Piggies, but I'm on my second round of SEASONS, since it was recently updated to add a third year of season-scenes:

You HAVE to have a good game concept first, as pretty, life-like graphics can only do so much. Function before form!

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
601 Posts
Posted - May 13 2016 :  5:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage
This track looks like a ton of fun. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will later.

quote:
The sequester budget cuts forced Vales Inc. to "let go" our truck/track-testing moderators who were on government-supported payrolls. Sorry.

Because pensions, unemployment benefits and unfair termination lawsuits can be costly themselves, we had to choose a more drastic form of staff reduction...

That's sad. Who else will test custom tracks now after all of those years? Looks like this track has been marked as "OK" now anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Rooski`s Eighty-8 by OOPS by OOPS;-) Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page