Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/11/2017   11:19:03 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Vehicle Downloading, Details and Reviews
 COOL DUAL F350 dually by bigdogge
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic COOL DUAL F350 dually by bigdogge Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - May 19 2014 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: COOL DUAL F350 dually Revo Only!
Author: bigdogge
Class: Replica Truck/SUV. File Size: 2558376
Status: Edit with new Vehicle file Downloads: 20 ID: 3503 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
In-game Location: FORD Class:1
Career mode? Yes
Custom mode? Yes

Made for the new 2014 4x4 Evolution-R, this is the first custom truck made specifically for that game, and the first fully functional dually-axle truck uploaded to Vales/EVO2.

Tire reflections fixed by NFSgeek (May 2016)

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !
Review This Vehicle!!!

Uploaded by: bigdogge

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - May 19 2014 :  7:18:46 PM  Show Profile

Ford F-350 XLT SuperDuty dually
"Cool Dual"

By BigDOGGe - 05/18/14

---> Made for 4x4 Evolution-2_R (Revolution 2014) ONLY <---
(TYPE-9 .TRK file)

(Many thanks to Gamer121 for his 4x4 Evo modifications, without which this dually truck would not exist).

Found in the Ford group in Career mode and also found in Custom mode.

Created using my "Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch" as a starting point.

Custom parts for purchase in the APPEARANCE parts group include a drag-reducing RV wing with cab-guard (buy the rollbar), a fifth-wheel bed-mounted hitch (purchase the Fender Flares), or a rigid Tonneau bed cover with a Reese-type trailer hitch (purchase the skidplate). The Visor and front "Bush" Bar are available under their regular names, as is the Winch.

Main Model
------------------
Vertex count: 22,974
Polygon count: 23,150

Tire Model - Front
------------------
Vertex count: 1272
Polygon count: 1376

Tire Model - Rear
------------------
Vertex count: 2167
Polygon count: 2324

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This truck may be re-used for your own projects, provided you don't simply slip different tires on the truck as-is, alter the .TRK file and re-upload it under your own name. Major mods are required if you want to call it yours.

You may do anything with it if it's for personal use only. No sharing of modified versions please.

I hope you enjoy driving this truck as much as I did making it. Have fun!

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - May 21 2014 :  5:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message
Form Review:
Did you actually Download and Try This File? YES
Did it Work for You? YES
In Can be found In Game As:Class:Career/Custom Make: Ford Name:F-350 "COOL DUAL" dually
Is it in a .POD format? YES
Is it a Career Vehicle? YES
Your Rating? NICE

Comments:
Still can`t believe I`m driving a functioning dually in Evo.
I`ve never driven a dually pickup, only a box truck, and I`m not sure they ride on rails like this truck. Other than that, needs tire dirt. Everything else is grade A, high quality BigDogge work.

Pic or Topic Link:

Go to Top of Page

oldblue

USA
208 Posts
Posted - Jun 11 2014 :  9:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Form Review:
Did you actually Download and Try This File? YES
Did it Work for You? YES
In Can be found In Game As:Class:c Make:ford Name:f350 "COOL DUAL"
Is it in a .POD format? YES
Is it a Career Vehicle? YES
Your Rating? GREAT!

Comments:
I really like this truck, added every part possible and it had 2200ib/ft of torque and 1800 hp.

Pic or Topic Link:

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
601 Posts
Posted - Apr 15 2016 :  8:13:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage
This truck is included in my versions of "4x4 Evolution: Revival," so I guess there's no reason I should download it from this site unless I lose its .pod file. It has fantastic details. I would love to see more EvoR exclusives in the future. I think I should start making them myself, though. Great job!

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
413 Posts
Posted - May 22 2016 :  01:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage
Wow, okay, I just used this in EvoR, as it comes with it, and the normal mapping on the wheels is completely gibbled.

The reflections on the tires are weird, and I already KNOW it has to do with the normal and alphas for the tires, since I had the exact same problem with the tires and rims on my one Camaro, which I have yet to upload. Just a weird looking error. Shouldn't be that hard to fix, I could probably do it and provide zips for the wheels/rims maybe?

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - May 22 2016 :  3:47:17 PM  Show Profile
The normals should be fine, but I just used a solid, all-grey alpha, since people rarely use the high reflections setting so that they can enjoy transparent windows.

I'll see what I can do.

nfsgeeeek

Canada
413 Posts
Posted - May 22 2016 :  5:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage
Same thing happens with reflections turned off. I actually didn't touch my settings and my reflections are set to medium on there, where normally I let them sit on high, just cause I can. But, with them on low, the in-built reflections on the tires have that weird thing going on, so it has to be the normal mapping. I could write a quick tutorial up on xNormal which is what I use to make my normal maps.

Edit: Woah, hang on, are there any normal maps at all for the tires? THAT might be why they look weird. The normal maps are the "_BUMP" files, that might be why the tires look so weird, shouldn't be that hard to fix in that case!

Edited by - nfsgeeeek on May 22 2016 5:58:10 PM Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - May 22 2016 :  8:54:05 PM  Show Profile
The tire models are EVO1 format, meaning they use .ACT and .RAW textures rather than .TIFs with alpha channels. They should have no reflection effects of any kind.

I've never seen that odd reflection effect before on ANY EVO 1 or 2 truck including new "R" versions, and as far as I know of, nobody else has either. It may be specific to your PC's hardware set-up. Very unusual.

nfsgeeeek

Canada
413 Posts
Posted - May 22 2016 :  11:20:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage
"---------------------------
Filter message:
---------------------------
Error importing/exporting file: ..\ART\
Possible caused by: Texture file missing, or according palette (PAL/ACT) is missing.
OK
"

Tried importing the tires as Evo1 models, and that happened. So, they are Evo2 tires with *.TIF files, opening the tire models in Notepad++ showed they were mapped to Evo2 format SMF files with the TIF textures, they just had no TIF assigned to the bump area, so it was grabbing the same texture for the diffuse, and it was causing that weird issue.

I added the normal map, doing that also added a nice 3D effect from the normal mapping to the tire tread as well, so that's always a plus! I could upload the normal map if you wanted. I probably should do a tutorial for EvoR normal mapping, since it differs quite a bit from the standard _bump mapping, which you really don't need to do much for, a simple Photoshop effect might even be sufficient for the body. Tires are a different story now, as one conversion I've been redoing caused me all kinds of headaches when tested it in EvoR.

I should mention that the reflection is a feature in EvoR, it's normal mapping on the tires, so if you have a tif file and evo2 format SMF file, it will look and generate 3D bump effects on the tires.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - May 23 2016 :  10:08:34 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Tried importing the tires as Evo1 models, and that happened. So, they are Evo2 tires with *.TIF files,

I stand corrected. It HAS been a long time since I made that beast

nfsgeeeek

Canada
413 Posts
Posted - May 23 2016 :  5:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage
https://www.mediafire.com/?j7e019n7dnv2tat

Here's the simple fix I did to the tires, didn't take that much to do.

In the meantime, I'll get started on the EvoR style texture tutorial, since I have one that I need to work on now anyway.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - May 23 2016 :  8:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Thx. I added your tires to the truck POD and re-uploaded it, giving you credit for your work of course.

Previous Topic COOL DUAL F350 dually by bigdogge Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page