Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/21/2017   7:07:40 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Vehicle Downloading, Details and Reviews
 Desert Patrol Vehicle by bigdogge
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Desert Patrol Vehicle by bigdogge Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - May 23 2014 :  10:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: Desert Patrol Vehicle Revo Only!
Author: bigdogge
Class: Replica Car. File Size: 2322544
Status: OKed for use by Admin Downloads: 15 ID: 3505 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
NOTE: This car is for the new 2014 EVO_R only<---

In-game Location: Found under the Infiniti brand
Class:standard SUV
Career? Yes
Custom? Yes

This is a Navy Seals DESERT PATROL VEHICLE, or DPV. The original model came from a free model website, author unknown.

Much work and many mods were necessary to bring this one to EVO. Details in the READ-ME.

New Feature:
The upper roll cage, cargo side pods, 3rd seat, shooter and machine gun are all removable in Career mode.

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !
Review This Vehicle!!!

Uploaded by: bigdogge

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - May 24 2014 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile
UPDATE: Now includes a custom "DIRT" file...re-uploaded Saturday 7:30 AM forum time:

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

OOPS;-)
Track Creator

Netherlands
3143 Posts
Posted - Jul 06 2014 :  08:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit OOPS;-)'s Homepage
I must say, I really like the way this vehicle drives... But there's also something I don't like, maybe you can look into that? (since it's for the revo project)

When I use it on my track "Tagora Hills" it just won't move, well, barely, but I can't get up to speed and certainly not up a hill... Also when I drive it on the winter version of Cwmbaja it stalls after the first bit uphill... Hannibal's trail also can't be finished in it...

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  09:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Do you have a screenshot from the rear showing the tires/wheels placement?

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
I have one now.

Note that I could not use the stock rear axle since the game installs it's own swinging A-arms when you select "independent suspension" in the .TRK file.

WS, I tried bumping up the torque levels and increasing rear axle gear ratio to 4.11, but it still seems to bog on steep hills, and the arcade switch doesn't seem to help. Weird.

RageFit

563 Posts
Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile
That is odd, but there are a few values that could be changed accidentally and cause that.

Go to Top of Page

Gamer121

508 Posts
Posted - Aug 21 2014 :  7:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Gamer121 an instant message
I'll double-check and see if I left anything specific out when I added the physics switch, it should match evo2. If you want I can add a suspension option to disable all suspension rendering. I'm also thinking if I use the bits used for rendering the driveshaft on the monster truck. I could get creative and use that to allow a proper control arm model.

4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.com

Edited by - Gamer121 on Aug 21 2014 7:44:37 PM

Edited by - Gamer121 on Aug 21 2014 7:46:21 PM Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Aug 22 2014 :  10:52:48 AM  Show Profile
That would prove interesting. Is it even possible?

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  09:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Would it be possible to compile a version for Mac OSX?

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

Gamer121

508 Posts
Posted - Sep 16 2014 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Gamer121 an instant message
Unfortunatly no, I don't have a mac to work with. What I do have was meant for the G3/G4 era macs, and I don't believe I have it all.

HOWEVER! I did get a random e-mail from someone on how to run the game in OSX. The instructions are in the tutorials section of the site.

4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.com Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Oct 01 2014 :  04:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message
Well, I happen to have an original G3 Mac which is running fine. I also have a G5 iMac, but it's currently in need of all new capacitors on the motherboard. I also was given a original Bondi Blue iMac, but it quit working, don't know what the trouble is there, maybe a battery or something. I'm currently using a MacMini with two partitions, one with current MacOSX and the other using the last MacOSX that will run 4x4 Evo2 Mac Version. I have the Original Mac Version of 4x4 Evo2 disk/boxed.

I'm also a 4x4 Evo2 developer with software from Original Team, including Mac Version. I used to have a partition running Windows 7 Professional and compiled 4x4Revo & 4x4 Revo Editor.

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
589 Posts
Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  9:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage
It's awesome to see a vehicle with a clone of the 4x4 Evo 2 driver. How did you do that? I'd love to know how you added it to this one.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Desert Patrol Vehicle by bigdogge Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page