Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   11/23/2017   7:07:23 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Vehicle Downloading, Details and Reviews
 2000 Ford Bronco by ragefit
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic 2000 Ford Bronco by ragefit Next Topic  
admin
System Generated Review Topic

0 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  8:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage
Name: 2000 Ford Bronco
Author: ragefit
Class: Custom Truck/SUV. File Size: 420331
Status: Edit with new Vehicle file Downloads: 12 ID: 3516 Open with OpenFile.exepen from Disc
Description:
Finally released, the `00 Bronco!
Converted from Evo1`s Excursion.
Texture work, body conversion, wheels, exhaust, and TRK work done by me.
Conversion from Evo1 was done by Outback 2k1.
Baja claw tires were by CGZ Customs.

You may use my parts/work on other vehicles, however, you must give credit if/when you release it!

Not perfect! Ran out of time and decided to release it. Biggest issue is that the low detail is unmodified.

Edit;
Reuploaded with fixed low detail texture naming.

Go to DOWNLOAD Page !
Review This Vehicle!!!

Uploaded by: ragefit

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16539 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  10:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Just load a copy of the high detail model's .SMF into Zmodeler, add the letter "L" to th end of the names of all the objects in it EXCEPT for the front lights (review a low detail stock truck's objects for examples of what gets exempted), then re-export it as an .SMF model again, but under the low detail's model name.

The game won't mind that it had the same level of vertex detail as the high-res model. Said low detail models were included in the pods to improve game frame rates way back in the day, but computers are fast enough now to make that issue moot.

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

FordFanatic

USA
487 Posts
Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  10:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Looks very nice, when I tried to test it, I went to the showroom and it gave me a "Can't load 00bronco.TIF" error however. Might just be my settings...

The Song Remains The Same Go to Top of Page

RageFit

563 Posts
Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  12:57:06 PM  Show Profile
I know how to make low detail models, just don't really see the point in them these days. Especially when EvoR allows you to disable low detail models altogether.
If I decide to continue work on it, I may update the low detail model.

I'll look into the texture issue this evening. I had it running on a fresh EvoR install before uploading, I may have saved the TIF in EvoR format or something without realizing. The vehicle is meant to be Evo2 compatible.

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16539 Posts
Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  5:07:02 PM  Show Profile
If not an EVO-R version then the ability to turn off low res models doesn't apply. A proper low red model is needed. Author's choice, of course, but you get better reviews that way

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

RageFit

563 Posts
Posted - Mar 08 2015 :  6:00:33 PM  Show Profile
I found the issue, it was the texture being misnamed in the low detail model. It makes sense, as I have low detail turned off in EvoR and I assume it doesn't look for it when it's off.

For now, I'm leaving the low detail model as-is. This truck has been untouched for months. It is either release it as-is with an odd low detail model and let people enjoy it, or not release it for several more months

Go to Top of Page

Gamer121

508 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2015 :  10:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Gamer121 an instant message
I'll make a note to add a notification message when that occurs in future version of EvoR. Also looking forward to checking out tonight, I <3 Broncos even if this one never existed.

4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.com Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic 2000 Ford Bronco by ragefit Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Reply to Topic
Review This Vehicle!!!
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page