Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/21/2017   1:26:59 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Mac Talk
 Blender 2.78 news!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Blender 2.78 news! Next Topic  
upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2016 :  08:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote

The 2.78 Full Release is now available for downloading).
Get your copy here (Windows, Mac, and others):

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.78/

I have downloaded the 2.78 and am now testing it with my smf_import.py script. Also still testing my smf_export.py script to get it working better.

I am also doing some testing with BlenderVR. I purchased the Hype CYNOCULARS (Virtual Reality Headset with Remote from Walmart for under $20.00. They still have some left as of yesterday near one of the checkstands. I also bought a new Android powered phone from BiMart for $79.00 to use in this VR headset. I bought a Roller CoasterVR game to try. But you can also view VR online free on several websites with iDisplay software installed (around $4.95). Just search for VR games side by side. Several are ExploreVR and xLab. For online use, you'll need iDisplay software on your desktop if that's where you're getting VR games through your browser. That formats the screen to fit your phone's screen.

I have Blender 2.78 displaying on my Android powered LG phone!
I can use the mouse to use Blender on the phone.
This is done via WiFi and not connected directly.
But mouse is on my Mac.

Next I want to be able to see Blender's objects in VR on the phone.

There is also something called 360 VR which is supported by some browsers. It appears to be only in place looking, you cannot move from your spot. Not really VR as such.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out!

Edited by - upretirementman on Sep 30 2016 8:52:39 PM

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  12:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I have used my smf_import.py script to import 247M3GTR into Blender 2.78 RC:

I imported a left side wheel/tire and duplicated it, then a right side wheel/tire and duplicated it too. I then moved them to positions under the body for the photo. I textured the air wing in the rear with part of the texture photo. Blender can be used to make a much nicer photo with glossy surfaces and textured floors, etc.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
411 Posts
Posted - Sep 05 2016 :  3:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
The wing isn't meant to be textured, but that looks cool. I use 3DS Max for the most part with my middle mouse being dead right now, I haven't been able to do much useful stuff, since you alt and middle click to rotate the model. Kind of sucks, but I can't really do anything about it.

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Sep 06 2016 :  9:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Then I imported another model CritDam3GTR.smf:

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right, if you can figure that out! Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
589 Posts
Posted - Dec 11 2016 :  9:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
The cars look cool.

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  10:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I'm still using Blender 2.78 for testing my smf_import.py script and also my smf_export.py script. I'm using the Jim Beam 4x4 Evo 2 model for testing. Looks like I have them both working, although the normals are not identical, but still imports the exported file ok and textures it fine. So my procedure is this: I import the original file from the game and it ends up textured, then I select all mesh objects and save it with the smf_export script. Then I import the saved file and see if it imports ok and it does!

Now I haven't tested the newly created version of beam.smf in the 4x4 Evo 2 game yet.

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  9:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I downloaded SupermotoXL's _zen172e2 pod file and unpodded it. I tried my smf_import script and got it into Blender 278 just fine:

It's a marvelous model!

Then I saved it with smf_export script. Then read it back in with the smf_import script.

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 08 2017 6:43:38 PM Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  5:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Wow, Whats that orange/black part that would normally be a front hub?

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  6:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's not the hub. I'll try to get a side view/bottomview of the front end.

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 08 2017 6:57:34 PM

Edited by - upretirementman on Apr 08 2017 7:13:13 PM Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2740 Posts
Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  7:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Ah, a giant brake caliper.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
589 Posts
Posted - May 04 2017 :  10:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
How are the projects doing at the moment?

Go to Top of Page

upretirementman
Test Driver

USA
2793 Posts
Posted - May 06 2017 :  08:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Send upretirementman an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I have been focusing in on importing a track pod into Blender 2.78 lately!
I am using the Autumn track as a test case.
Some code that reads the mesh as Evo 2 does:

for yxh in groundArrayY0: # a list
y,x,z = yxh
print y, x, z

where z is the altitude of the vertice.

to read the mesh correctly:

for v in me.verts: # a list
if v.select:
print "verts:",
v.co.y,
(-v.co.x),
print "height:", v.co.z

Now I need to be able to assign the z from the groundArrayY0 file for each vertice. Very difficult so far!
I may need to convert both lists to dictionaries so I can access with keys: y, x, z

Edited by - upretirementman on May 06 2017 09:03:06 AM

Edited by - upretirementman on May 06 2017 09:10:02 AM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Blender 2.78 news! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page