Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   11/21/2017   4:50:17 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?
 Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 4x4 EvoR Official Discord Server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic 4x4 EvoR Official Discord Server  Next PageNext Topic  
nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  7:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is right here:

https://discord.gg/ftPpTRU

Come and chat! Just getting things sorted and started, but this makes a much easier way of chatting and talking, along with setting online race dates up. We also have some people from another game (Re-Volt) Who is in with us. Marv, his name is, and he runs http://re-volt.io/ which has information on that game and project.

Hope to see you on the server!

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2748 Posts
Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  9:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I must be confused. I don't see it?

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  9:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Discord server, it has nothing to do with the game itself. Click the link, that's the invitation to join the server.

There's like 6 different rooms, minus the announcements room.

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
This is great! Are the servers backwards compatible with all versions of 4x4 Evo 2?

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  5:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
What are you talking about?

Here's a screenshot of the server / Discord if you want as well. Might have been better to put it on the first post, but all the same.

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  6:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Ever since Terminal Reality went out of business in late 2013, the original servers for 4x4 Evo 2 (not 4x4 Evolution: Revival) have not been available to play on anymore. I grew up on the retail version of 4x4 Evo 2, so I'm asking if those servers also work on both the CD version and KC's version.

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  6:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It works for everything I'd assume. It have someone who's "Playing" says Photoshop all the time. Download Discord, and join with the link I posted above.

Two of the servers I scribbled out are YouTubers, one is a Pokemon server, the Re-Volt server is one that I didn't scribble out, one is a RP server I joined more just for the heck of it.

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jun 22 2017 :  7:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Alright, that's good. Except I don't have an account yet, so I prefer to play the game online inside it anyway.

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  01:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
This has nothing to do with playing, this is just discussion. It's discord, a chat service. The whole reason I put the Discord here is to get people to join.

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2748 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  12:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
nfsgeeeek, correct me if I'm wrong here...

4x4EvolutionFan, I believe Discord is a chat server.

quote:

Ever since Terminal Reality went out of business in late 2013, the original servers for 4x4 Evo 2 (not 4x4 Evolution: Revival) have not been available to play on anymore. I grew up on the retail version of 4x4 Evo 2, so I'm asking if those servers also work on both the CD version and KC's version.

Your games Multiplayer mode does work. I'm even logged on to Gspy at the moment. But without another player there is nothing to do.

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  3:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Indeed. It's a program you've got to download, install, then click the invite link to join the server. A second invite link is on the official 4x4 EvoR website too, that invite is Gamer121's invite.

So, download program, and jump into the server~

There's 5 people so far, including myself. I'll see if I can poke around some other communities some more, including the Re-Volt community a bit more, and some other people I know who played in the past.

Go to Top of Page

banjo2

USA
72 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  5:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
What are the rules here? Like, is NSFW allowed? If it is then i'm afraid I won't be joining. (by "here" I mean the Discord server)

Edited by - banjo2 on Jun 23 2017 6:13:01 PM Go to Top of Page

banjo2

USA
72 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Also, you may want to update this! :)

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  9:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Keeping things clean, so there are no NSFW boards and no NSFW content allowed on the EvoR Discord server. The point is to make it more accessible and easy to instantly chat and things, so having NSFW boards kind of defeats that the purpose. My inspiration is the Re-Volt server, and NSFW content has nothing to do with anything when it comes to the game, so no NSFW rooms exist. And, I need to poke Gamer to update that.

Edited by - nfsgeeeek on Jun 23 2017 9:12:53 PM Go to Top of Page

banjo2

USA
72 Posts
Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  10:58:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Keeping things clean, so there are no NSFW boards and no NSFW content allowed on the EvoR Discord server. The point is to make it more accessible and easy to instantly chat and things, so having NSFW boards kind of defeats that the purpose. My inspiration is the Re-Volt server, and NSFW content has nothing to do with anything when it comes to the game, so no NSFW rooms exist. And, I need to poke Gamer to update that.

Edited by - nfsgeeeek on Jun 23 2017 9:12:53 PM

Ok, thanks! Joining!

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jun 24 2017 :  3:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks guys!

Glad to see you back, banjo2!

Go to Top of Page

Gamer121

508 Posts
Posted - Jun 28 2017 :  2:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Gamer121 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Page has been updated, and I also put links on the facebook pages as well.

4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.com Go to Top of Page

ROCKFACE

USA
314 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2017 :  4:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I"ve been out of the loop on this effort for a while but would love to try playing again. I'm running the latest version of the Mac OS on my laptop. What are the requirements to run Evo R?

Go to Top of Page

Dents

USA
565 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Dents an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Popping in to say hi! Still looking to find an original copy of the game. Haven't been lucky. I'm looking for a disc version.

Wouldn't mind re living my childhood for a bit.

-Dents

-06 Jeep GC
-Hybrid Lift
-32's (Duratracs)
Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  12:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Glad to see you back! I've found a listing for the PC version of 4x4 Evo 2 on eBay, and in it, "Ultimate Demolition Derby" is also included. Check it out here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-2-Pc-Game-Cd-4X4-EVO-2-Ultimate-Demolition-Derby-Windows-98-XP-/142452049774?hash=item212acdc76e:g:UFoAAOSwfjhZcUca

Go to Top of Page

Dents

USA
565 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  1:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Dents an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Will I be able to run this game on windows 10? I tried KC's version with revo and i keep crashing soon as I get into a race.

I wonder if buying the correct copy will help that.

-06 Jeep GC
-Hybrid Lift
-32's (Duratracs)
Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  2:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yes. My copy of the original CD release works well on Windows 10 Home. The games in the listing I've found are still brand new so I'm sure they'll definitely work.

If 4x4 Evo 2 can't run due to too many background processes running, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete, click on "Task Manager," click the "Memory" tab so you can easily take a look at the largest memory sizes for the processes on the top of the list, select the ones you think are too large, and click "End task."

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  4:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
On the Discord server, ask on the EvoR channel or on the Vanilla channels. That is the best place to ask, it's where we are most active, it's also the best place to set up online play!

Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2748 Posts
Posted - Jul 23 2017 :  7:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
On the Discord server,

Does everything look like it should from my screen grab bellow?

I just was not expecting a chat app to work without requiring something to run or be installed on my end. :)

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  9:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yes indeed, everything looks right there!

The downloading/installing is an option, I've got Discord downloaded and installed on my end, though that's just cause it's easier to keep everything up to date.

I've left a message in referring to Shadow Princess's online Saturday night tournaments.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130827083908/http://evo1online.com/rules/rules.html

Her rules are still there. The hub will be the main area to set things up, and to set a starting and ending time. Wheelsmoke, I'd be honored if you would help in co-hosting tournaments. If we can find Scatter, Jammer, and Rockman, and the others who raced with us, that would also be awesome.

FIRp~Nytro

I'm sure some of you will remember me online.

Go to Top of Page

Hl_Reloaded

Brazil
114 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  12:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hl_Reloaded's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Hello,

Love the chat on discord, very good idea!

Maybe, i have the Dtjammer's email, will check it.

http://hl.16mb.com Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2748 Posts
Posted - Jul 29 2017 :  7:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks.
Pretty cool that clicking YES and NO to the software installer both work like that.

Discord FAQ link: How is the Discord Client different from the web browser version?

BTW.......
Found a multiplayer race to join 2 days in a row now! WoW!

Go to Top of Page

Hl_Reloaded

Brazil
114 Posts
Posted - Jul 30 2017 :  1:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hl_Reloaded's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Hello,

We have a group of players who play with some frequency Medonho, Israel, Chepa, Sheriff/Sepulture, Daniel.... We usually combine the game through the group on facebook or by whatsapp group.

Find me on facebook, so I can add you to both groups, everyone is welcome.
https://www.facebook.com/HL4x4Evo

I'll also invite them to join the discord chat.

I'll put the Jammer email in the discord chat, let's get in touch.

http://hl.16mb.com Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2748 Posts
Posted - Aug 01 2017 :  12:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
Wheelsmoke, I'd be honored if you would help in co-hosting tournaments. If we can find Scatter, Jammer, and Rockman, and the others who raced with us, that would also be awesome.

I would love to help with anything that I can do and that can wait until I have the time to do it.
I should be able to get a hold of at least a couple other players too.

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
599 Posts
Posted - Aug 02 2017 :  4:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

I would love to help with anything that I can do and that can wait until I have the time to do it.
I should be able to get a hold of at least a couple other players too.

Awesome! Let's see what happens when we get on with starting new tournaments.

Go to Top of Page

nfsgeeeek

Canada
412 Posts
Posted - Aug 02 2017 :  10:43:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfsgeeeek's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Indeed! Keep an eye on either the Racing tab or the two vanilla discussion tabs. Possibly the EvoR tab, but we'll have to wait and see.

Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic 4x4 EvoR Official Discord Server  Next PageNext Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page