Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   12/11/2017   11:24:33 PM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?
 Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 Man Caves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Man Caves  Next PageNext Topic  
[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Aug 30 2017 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is what any room changes into when there's no girls around.

What used to be a living room slowly turned into how it probably wold have looked like if it were up to me when I was a kid

Anyway, 55" 4k tv and 4k on the wall supported by 7.1 surround sound is the result so far.

The new 4k projector didnt accept El Cheapo Superlongo HDMI cable tho...

So I figure I might as well drill a hole trough the roof by it and put my PC up there by the server.

Sorry for any down time while I'm fixing this

Then the HDMI cable will be super short and I can replace the Yalla cable with Audio

I REALLY need to fix this before Forza 7 gets released!

http://kcsbikes.com/Fpics/196_kino_1024_2017-08-06.jpg.FP

[RCG]Balthazarô This game keeps getting better every day

Edited by - [RCG]Balthazar on Aug 30 2017 10:12:39 AM

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  11:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
We are moving in 7 days, my new 'man cave' is an enclosed 2 car garage.
Unlike Balth, my 'man caves' are filed with big tools and more a shop than an entertainment place, I have the living room for that.

Check out my Motorized Bicycle page KC's Kruisers. Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
LoL My dream home would be called a garage by the city for sure...

Go to Top of Page

crankshaft jay

45 Posts
Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit crankshaft jay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I still live at home with mom and dad I gat an 8 track player casstte player that plays cro2 ,normal ferric chrome, metal bias tapes
an old record player made back 1970s to 1983 I guess with 8 track and casstte ps 3 and console that plays snes and nes and probably 300 brand name blank cassettes

Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  09:39:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

Anyway, 55" 4k tv and 4k on the wall supported by 7.1 surround sound is the result so far.

The new 4k projector didnt accept El Cheapo Superlongo HDMI cable tho...

So I figure I might as well drill a hole trough the roof by it and put my PC up there by the server.

Sorry for any down time while I'm fixing this

My HD TV is 65"
So how does the projector look, do you have a long enough room to make it like a theater?

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  09:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

I still live at home with mom and dad

Our 27 year old son lives at home with us, but then again he was beaten, robed, and shot leaving him paralyzed from the chest down.

quote:
I got an 8 track player casstte player that plays cro2 ,normal ferric chrome, metal bias tapes
an old record player made back 1970s to 1983 I guess with 8 track and casstte ps 3 and console that plays snes and nes and probably 300 brand name blank cassettes

Some of that is worth money on Craigslist.org and Ebay.com

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  12:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I'm working on turning the downstairs garage into a man cave/hobby room. Going to have two workbenches, my 1/18 scale offroad layout, eventually a new N scale layout, all my 1/10 RC stuff, my 65" TV, PS3 (for blu-ray and streaming video services), and a big*****compfy couch. Haven't settled on wall or floor covering yet, right now it's bright white painted cinder block and unfinished by at least well floated concrete.

"Hello people, would you like me to murder you? I'm an offroad enthusiast." Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 02 2017 :  5:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
Haven't settled on wall or floor covering yet,

In a garage a floor needs to reflect the light if you want to see what your working on. (even with my 14 4' florescent bulbs)

My garage floor has off white carpet in sections that you just roll up out of the way real easy when needed.

And even the grossest carpet coming out of some house is easy to clean on the driveway using laundry detergent, a push broom and the garden hose. (even the worst stains with hot water)

Go to Top of Page

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  07:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I dunno about carpeting in the hobby section, small parts and carpeting is just a bad time waiting to happen. Over at the couch TV area though, definitely a possibility. I'm leaning toward epoxy paint with anti fatigue/ chair roller mats around the workbenches. I also don't want to cover the floor drain, the dehumidifier drains into it.

"Hello people, would you like me to murder you? I'm an offroad enthusiast." Go to Top of Page

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  7:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
If I could afford a commercial grade indoor/outdoor carpet that would be my choice.

But the work bench area floor is just concrete for sure.

Go to Top of Page

crankshaft jay

45 Posts
Posted - Sep 03 2017 :  7:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit crankshaft jay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
We've been living in our present house since 1980 and the basement is big that you could fit 3 or 4 vans if there were no rooms built

Go to Top of Page

4x4EvolutionFan

USA
601 Posts
Posted - Sep 04 2017 :  11:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit 4x4EvolutionFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

We've been living in our present house since 1980 and the basement is big that you could fit 3 or 4 vans if there were no rooms built

Wow, thirty-seven years is a really long time!

Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  09:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It looks like MY Man Cave won't be all Mine...
The women (wife and sister in law) have their own plans.
We'll see what happens in a few days.

My current Man Cave had brand new white carpet when I moved in.
I have built over 100 motorized bikes on it and it its toast now.
http://kcsbikes.com/KCsBuilds.asp?motor=All&shifter=All

You can't beat working on soft white carpet ;-}

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  5:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I was laughing today, it is the original move date.
Mew date is the 13th.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  9:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
and it its toast now.
Maybe not.

Check out my dining room carpet after the broken water pipe flood.
And after the push broom, hot water, laundry soap, and elbow grease cleaned it.

That's after 30 years in a man cave carpet too... LoL

X is my kitchen...

Go to Top of Page

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  08:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
The $2K movers (4 guys and a 5th wheel trailer) didn't get everything.

They got all the big things and the boxes but that's it, my shop isn't close to being packed up but that is because I am waiting for a part in the mail.

MOVING SUCKS!

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  08:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

That is what any room changes into when there's no girls around.
[RCG]Balthazar on Aug 30 2017 10:12:39 AM

I always have girls around.
They are nurturing by nature and I need all the nurturing I can get so I have 2 ;-}

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote

[/quote]My HD TV is 65"
So how does the projector look, do you have a long enough room to make it like a theater?
[/quote]

Yea but moving back will bring the size back down and beat the purpose..

Big couch in the center and the area behind it reserved for VR
and stuff like building things.

[RCG]Balthazarô This game keeps getting better every day Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  9:44:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
My HD TV is only 40", but that's because it doubles as a PC monitor, AND it was the largest size that would fit between my printer cabinet and my CPU... Being a monitor too, I didn't want to set it any higher up than it is now

I'm renting a small upstairs bedroom from a buddy, so 40" is more than large enough to watch from bed even with my glasses off (near-sighted). That's MY man-cave...

The house I'm in was built in the 1920s, and has always been in the same Japanese family the whole time as far as I know of. My friend is 54 and lived there his whole life.

Any bike work of mine is done in the shop I set-up outside. Fully protected/waterproof if I want to work on bikes off-season too.

CLICK HERE for BigDOGGe trucks Go to Top of Page

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Sep 19 2017 :  11:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Sweet!
I also live in old rented space.
Been here for more than ten years and the owners came by the other day...

They are moving in next April and for tax reasons living here one year before selling it.

My options seems to be as follows:

Kick Trub in the butt and move in to his place.
Well, there is no way to do that. Cant kick a fried no matter what.

Buy the property when they're selling.
I've fixed up all over the place and raised the value way up in the sky.

But that is ok, what I and Trub has paid in rent all these years
has gone straight back in to the house.
New roof, Paintjob new kitchen and electrical work from the rent
further raised the value and our living standard over the years.

Good news is that the owners are really decent people so not only
have they not raised the rent but they will sell me the house
way below tariff

Potentially Bad news is my job situation.
Most of my customers are municipalities except for the one I live in.
They bought their own equipment a couple years ago so no more there.
Now many of the surrounding municipalities are in the process of merging into our...

Potentionally Really Bad news.
I had a dream job all lined up in the the wunicipal waste dump (lol)
but now they are under police investigation for corruption...
They havent fired my friend yet, but it goes without saying that he
now needs to focus on surviving and cant hire anyone untill it's over.

Huston you have a problem.

Either way, I will never forget this place and
BIG THANKS Trub! for beeing the greatest neighbour
ever to walk the earth!

Here it how it looked seven years ago in The Jungle when we still worked on getting it great inside:

And here it how it looks now:

And it's Bang Smack in the Middle between work and Dad's place!
This is where I belong.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 19 2017 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I hope you buy the house Balthazar.

Love that secret hideaway style and the building looks like it was built to last a very very long time.

Go to Top of Page

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  08:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yea it does, doesent it?
After looking at well, most of the Caribbean islands, the Asian Tsunamis,
places struck by tornadoes or mud slides and so on there's not
much doubt in my mind about weather to live
in wooden or concrete buildings.

That is in addition to the fact that my soul is allready embedded here

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  10:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Like Branson, you have your own private island!

Except that his is surrounded by water, and yours by asphalt!

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  12:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
concrete buildings.

Does this mean your exterior wall is 6" or 1" thick concrete?
I'm just curious...

Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  1:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Being a 3-story house with load-bearing walls, I'd assume the thicker dim up to 1-foot thick on the first floor, to be able to support the weight of the 2 above it. It's too old to have a metal framework inside I'm guessing. Just a thought.

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
If it was originally built to be a home I would think it's what we call Stucco. But it seems more likely that it was originally a commercial building if its a tilt up.

Go to Top of Page

[RCG]Balthazar
Administrator

Norway
2210 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  02:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit [RCG]Balthazar's Homepage  Send [RCG]Balthazar a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yea it's heavy stuff!
Not sure about inches but I'm guessing at least half a meter on the ground floor.

This property's value is only going one way and thats up, way up!
You know, Bank Smack in the Middle of absolutly EVERYTHING.
Big food store with postal office twenty meters away.
Parking lot for hundred+ cars Thirty meters away.
Fourty meters from a Taxi Cantral.
Fifty meter's from my sofa for late night junk food'n fuel.
A hundred meters for new tires.
The list goes on forever!

Here's a recent Asphalt Jungle Island pic:

KC
part-time raconteur

11754 Posts
Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  12:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit KC's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Nice place Balth, sweet if you could buy it.
I bought mine and my Man Cave is coming along ;-}

~M.O.B~Jeepy84
Test Driver

USA
3268 Posts
Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  11:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ~M.O.B~Jeepy84 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's certainly a unique location, though maybe a bit more common in Europe? In the US it would be all paved and a convenience store.

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16540 Posts
Posted - Sep 28 2017 :  10:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

It's certainly a unique location, though maybe a bit more common in Europe? In the US it would be all paved and a convenience store.

"Hello people, would you like me to murder you? I'm an offroad enthusiast."

Some hold out and refuse to sell....Money doesn't always mean everything...

WheelSmoke
Bad Driver

USA
2756 Posts
Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  12:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Those photos remind me of my mom's time share in Las Vegas.

The Jockey club is the building Evil Knievel landed on in one of his jumps. But these days it's so buried the sun never even shines on that roof.

The Jockey Club cave.

Edited by - WheelSmoke on Sep 30 2017 7:05:35 PM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Man Caves  Next PageNext Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page