Q&A  -  
HELP!
=VEHICLES=
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
  Q&A  -  
HELP!
KC's Store   Tracks: FREE - RCG - Random - Models UP - Down   Vehicles: FREE - Random - Search/Sort Turbo
   10/17/2017   2:44:50 AM     
  CHAT  Nobody in Chat

REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password

Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Truck Making Q&A
 BUMP.TIF?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic BUMP.TIF? Next Topic  
keep on truckin

USA
87 Posts
Posted - May 24 2003 :  9:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Send keep on truckin an instant message  Reply with Quote
can somone please tell me how to make the (name)_BUMP.TIF for my truck

SupermotoXL's #1 fan.

Shroom
NKA_Mudslinger

USA
733 Posts
Posted - May 25 2003 :  4:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
( Pictures now hosted by Vales - admin)

use the SEARCH button (OOPS!!, i see that there are no more Truck Q&A to even use the search button, oh well)

MAKING BUMP.TIF'S

For Photoshop 7

First, take your file, convert it to RGB Color Mode, now go to FILTER>STYLIZE>FIND EDGES. Should look like this now;

Now, take the image and go to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>CHANNEL MIXER. Now imput the values i have here to get the blue effect like the stock bumps.

After this, it should look like this;

Now that you have your color of the bump, it time for the Alpha Channel. The Alpha Channel of the bump.tif tell the game how much refelction is added to the car, black is no reflection, white is, well, is way to much.Create a new channel if you dont have one already. Go to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>LEVELS. A diolog box will come up, go to the bottom scale and make the alpha a grey or dark grey, you dont want your truck to be a sheet of glass. Now, saving it, there is more involved than just pressing OK and it being done. When you go to save it as a .tif, make sure that you put the _BUMP after your trucks name and before the .tif, and save it. And TADA!, your done. Now my tut will be the one looked at my many n00bs to make tifs. Hope this works!!

Proud Team Member of Extreme Truck Designs Go to Top of Page

keep on truckin

USA
87 Posts
Posted - May 25 2003 :  6:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Send keep on truckin an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
i dont have photoshop 7 i use Ifranview

Jeep Freak Go to Top of Page

Shroom
NKA_Mudslinger

USA
733 Posts
Posted - May 25 2003 :  7:09:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
well, i have never heard of that program before, sorry

Proud Team Member of Extreme Truck Designs Go to Top of Page

Woody
Administrator

USA
1860 Posts
Posted - May 25 2003 :  8:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
dont have photoshop 7 i use Ifranview

Ifranview is a nice litle program but its really only an image viewer that has a few basic editing tools tacked on. To do any real image editing you will need to get photoshop or paintshop pro.

You need only two tools. WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.
Go to Top of Page

superjed

196 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2004 :  9:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit superjed's Homepage  Send superjed a Yahoo! Message  Send superjed an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
i know this is old, but i just wanted to thank you. this was very easy to understand. even though i am using corel photo-paint i was able to understand good enough.

Click here view my website Go to Top of Page

DustBuster
Forever Noob-ish

USA
738 Posts
Posted - Mar 17 2004 :  8:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send DustBuster an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
is there any other way to make BUMP_.tifs other than photoshop or ifranview? or could i send someone my truck and have them do it for me?

Ride this thing til the wheels fall off. Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  3:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I can't get all the pictures on Shroom's post to show up. I got the red and green but that is all I can view. Will somebody fill me in on the settings please.

It is only as hard as you make it.

Edited by - CJ~Abuzer on Apr 26 2005 3:59:47 PM Go to Top of Page

Titan22
Test Driver

USA
1236 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  5:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Titan22's Homepage  Send Titan22 an ICQ Message  Send Titan22 an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
This topic is only two years old.
Wait a minute or two.
Mine was doing it too but they loaded eventually.

Advanced Micro Devices Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I guess there is no use in waiting after the loading bar has filled and says done and all you get is red x's, now is there? I can get it to display the first two pictures of the settings (red,green) but the third one I need never showes. I have tried SEVERAL times and the best I can get it to show is a pic that says "A thumbnail could not be generated for this image" in red letters.

I am aware that the topic is 2 years old but it is better to search than make a new topic that you probably will get patronized and laughed at for starting. Would someone please just answer the question?

It is only as hard as you make it.

Edited by - CJ~Abuzer on Apr 26 2005 5:45:22 PM Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I copied all the images, reconverted them to jpegs and uploaded them to Vales, then edited shromm's post to show those images instead of the pics from a free picture hosting site. Hopefully you can see all 5 pics now.

Please note that the fourth one mentioning a thumbnail is exactly how the pictures is displayed to everyone. I guess shroom didn't upload that one to the freepichosting.com site properly. I tried copying the link and posting it in a new browser window, but that message is all that comes through.

UPDATE:

Consider this your lucky day. I looked through some archived pages I saved a few years ago, and that page was one I had saved, and it has the missing image intact.

I replaced it in Shroom's post.

You're welcome

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" - Henry Ford Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Thanks BigDOGGe. If anyone can fill me in on the setting that is supposed to be in the fourth image I would appreciate it.

It is only as hard as you make it. Go to Top of Page

BigDOGGe
Administrator

USA
16529 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  6:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Look again. I found it.

Using the search function would not have helped. I tried it, and all I found were posts lamely saying "use the search", or posts that had a link leading back to this one (LMAO!)

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" - Henry Ford Go to Top of Page

XJAbuzer
Abuzed Customz

USA
4274 Posts
Posted - Apr 26 2005 :  7:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
You tha man, thanks!

It is only as hard as you make it. Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic BUMP.TIF? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KC's Evo2 Place

KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page