Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
-= VEHICLES =-
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
11/23/2017  7:43:41 AM - MTM2 Store - Random Tracks - Random Vehicles - Add-On Installer
Who's Racing here:
CHAT
In Chat: friskywaters,
REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 Track Models
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Track Models Next Topic  
KC
Head Honcho

2364 Posts
Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  07:19:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any track makers still around?
I see White is (upload 2 tracks in August).

You may be interested to know I have added a Track Model UL/DL section to my Evo2 site.

The .zip file MUST contain a model that works in the Evo2 Track Editor, but it can contain other formats as well, including whatever the original files that were converted to Evo2 so you may find some cool models there for your next tracks ;-}

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬

OLD_Jammer
Proliferate Poster

USA
1010 Posts
Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  04:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit OLD_Jammer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Yes, as a matter of fact, I looked elsewhere and just in 2008 alone, there have been 191 new tracks created for MTM2, and the year is not over yet.

Still plenty of MTM2 activity : )

Nice work on your part with the Track Model UL/DL section.

QUALITY over QUANTITY Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho

2364 Posts
Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  08:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:
I looked elsewhere and just in 2008 alone, there have been 191 new tracks created for MTM2
Well, I guess it's time to close this site up since only 8 of them were uploaded here this year.

I guess the authors no longer consider my site worthy of hosting their uploads.
Thats a shame too since that cool Add=On Installer Windows Utility Street and I made works with MTM2 add-ons as well as both Evo's and I've had an MTM2 site up since before beta testing.

Sorry BD, I know this was your favorite, but Phin and Malibu will no doubt be happy.

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬ Go to Top of Page

DiggerFan
Proliferate Poster

Canada
899 Posts
Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  1:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Send DiggerFan an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

quote:
I looked elsewhere and just in 2008 alone, there have been 191 new tracks created for MTM2
Well, I guess it's time to close this site up since only 8 of them were uploaded here this year.

I guess the authors no longer consider my site worthy of hosting their uploads.
Thats a shame too since that cool Add=On Installer Windows Utility Street and I made works with MTM2 add-ons as well as both Evo's and I've had an MTM2 site up since before beta testing.

Sorry BD, I know this was your favorite, but Phin and Malibu will no doubt be happy.

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬

Well, that's rather disappointing to hear, that the site is closing down (I have some projects that I'm working on, to be released soon, hopefully)... but, I guess life moves on, I have noticed declining activity here in the recent while.

Btw, relating to your other sites, I'm assuming the 4x4 Evo 2 download is a legal one (I've heard some stuff in the recent while about issues with illegal game downloads)? If so, I may try some truck & track editing for that game sometime.

"Anything but first is dead last..." Go to Top of Page

OLD_Jammer
Proliferate Poster

USA
1010 Posts
Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  7:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit OLD_Jammer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
Oh my gosh.

KC! That post I did was not meant in any way, shape, form, or fashion anything negative about this site. It was strictly meant that there Is MTM2 activity still going on out there, and it's not just where you stated. There is a separate Dragger community, that I'm not part of, that also pump out plenty of tracks and trucks themselves.

Please reconsider.

QUALITY over QUANTITY Go to Top of Page

KC
Head Honcho

2364 Posts
Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  07:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
quote:

...It was strictly meant that there Is MTM2 activity still going on out there...
I know, just not here.
This site only gets a handfull of visitors a day and nobody is sharing their work here anymore so there really isn't any point any more.
quote:
I'm assuming the 4x4 Evo 2 download is a legal one (I've heard some stuff in the recent while about issues with illegal game downloads)?
Yes, with TRI's exclusive blessing.
I had to remove the stock trucks (licence problems) but I put in some customs and the original truck.pod is easy to find ;-}

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬ Go to Top of Page

BigDogge
Administrator

7724 Posts
Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  7:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit BigDogge's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
It's gonna feel sad seeing this site go. There's been a VALES Monster Truck Madness-2 site in my world nearly as long as ther has been MTM2, going back to the year 2000.

Yeah, activity has been nil here for some time. I remember when Phin and Mal were still staff here, and the MTMG forum was dead air. The "good ol' days" for Vales/MTM2 suppose.

Now the positions have switched. The MTMG/MTM2.com sites have the traffic, and Vales has moved on to the more advanced EVO2.

Not so bad news, I have to admit. EVO2 is very similar, and far better to real model makers. Zmodeler compared to Binedit is like a CNC machining center comparing to a box of hammers and handsaws. You can do SO MUCH MORE with Zmod, including using the mouse to perform some work, and EVO's lack of a 2000-3000 vertex limit for trucks and the superior color palette handling has allowed for some incredible-looking trucks.

Besides, this game lost my interest years ago when MTM'ers stopped downloading custom trucks and only sought replicas of real monsters. Reps weren't in my field of interest, though I did make a few replicas to see if I'd enjoy it. I did, but not as much as making my own designs.

Monster Truck Madness-2 had it's hey-day day, and while stil active and showing plenty of life left, has grown long-in-tooth. RUMBLES will always be it's greatest offering, but for truck-making and mind-blowingly realistic tracks, give me 4x4 Evolution-2 any day.

RIP, Vales/MTM2. KC, you did more than anyone/anything to keep this game thriving as long as it did. Good job.

The early bird gets the worm...but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese... Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Track Models Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
KC's MTM 2 Place and vales.com are privately owned and operated by KC Vale.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
Address all site comments and questions to KC Vale

KC's MTM2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page