Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
-= VEHICLES =-
Download
  Reviews
    Upload
Q&A    Help!
12/12/2017  12:32:55 PM - MTM2 Store - Random Tracks - Random Vehicles - Add-On Installer
Who's Racing here:
CHAT
Nobody in Chat
REGISTER or enter your Username &
Password:
and
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Forums Page
 Tailgate Party
 Terry Horne (Turbo) passes away.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Terry Horne (Turbo) passes away. Next Topic  
KC
Head Honcho

2364 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry "Turbo" Horne has passed away.
He was the defacto "King on Conversions" around my sites.
See Turbo's Vehicles here.

Rest in Peace my good friend, you will live on here with your work forever.

I e-mail his wife Adele and she filled me on what happened.
---

Hello KC,

I didn't realize that his friends didn't know about his illness. Terry had congestive heart failure and emphysemia. He was on oxygen 24hours a day and the last month or so was pretty much limited to the bedroom. Because he was stuck in the house I tried to get him pretty much anything he wanted. We got the satellite internet for him and we had every chanel on the tv
available to him also. He was on hospice the last couple of weeks - and
they got him some better pain medication so that he didn't hurt so bad.
When the hospice nurse came he was groggy and wanting to sleep all the time - they checked his BP and it was 90/45. He was still able to talk and make decisions - he didn't want to go to the hospital. It took me and the nurse a while but we finally convinced him to go. They did a blood gas and the carbon monoxide in his blood was 95%. It is supposed to be 40%. We had battled this once before with his CO2 that high - but if we got the fluid off of him and gave him breathing treatments - we were able to get it down once before - which I thought we would do again. (He told everyone, no
respirator). So, knowing that he had too much fluid on him - they got the
catheter in him. They gave him Lasix to get the fluid off - but I could
see that he wasn't putting out the fluid like he should have. I figured that his kidneys were failing also.

My beloved of 20 years passed away peacefully with me holding on to him.

I want to thank everyone at Vales for their kind words about Terry. I am going to print that webpage and put it in a memorial book about Terry.

The memorial service for Terry will be at Preston Funeral Home, Main St., Paintsville, KY Saturday, Dec. 20th 1:00p.m. In place of flowers I am asking that Donations be sent to St. Vincent Mission, P.O. Box 232, David, KY 41616 (606) 886-2513 in Terry's Name. (www.stvincentmission.org) I am doing this because Terry fed people - and the Mission has a food Pantry.

When we lived in Lexington - Terry would call me and say, "Put on some more porkchops." and I never questioned it. He would meet someone from the hills (eastern KY) who had come to Lexington to find work and didn't have anything to eat and would bring them home. Once - I was making him good lunches and he would come home starved to death from the garage he worked in. I asked him why and finally got it out of him that there was a Mexican family living in the garage next to where he was working and he was taking his lunch and feeding it to them.

Terry fed people and anyone who wishes to honor his memory will also be feeding people through the food pantry.

They can donate online at: www.stvincentmission.org

You can post this e-mail if you wish.

Thank you,
Adele Horne

It's all how you look at things ©¿©¬

Mouse

Canada
6 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  11:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mouse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I feel the loss. I only knew Terry from his work. It was outstanding. He will be missed by those who knew him well and by those, like me, who only knew him by his tallent.

RIP Bro....

Mike
www.SMP-Creations.com Go to Top of Page

DiggerFan
Proliferate Poster

Canada
899 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  7:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Send DiggerFan an instant message  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
News like this is always saddening to hear... I, too, lost a friend recently, so I know what it feels like. My condolences to his friends & family.

R.I.P. Terry

"Anything but first is dead last..." Go to Top of Page

citieslostchild

USA
80 Posts
Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  3:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit citieslostchild's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply WITHOUT a Quote
I am a big fan of Turbo, and just want to share my condolences, He was nice enough to let me give a try at repainting Wildchild, as he told me it was ok from an email I requested for, this is my first and only try at any repaint, Thank you Turbo

[URL=http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=boston1pf0.jpg][IMG]

Edited by - citieslostchild on Dec 18 2008 4:01:03 PM Go to Top of Page

Previous Topic Terry Horne (Turbo) passes away. Next Topic  

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
KC's MTM 2 Place and vales.com are privately owned and operated by KC Vale.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
Address all site comments and questions to KC Vale

KC's MTM2 Place

© KC Vale

Go To Top Of Page